‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Well, southern girl, won't you spent some of your time with me?

After my party died out, there are only a handful of us sitting in the backyard. I’m leaning up against Ashley with my feet resting on Andy’s legs when Colson comes out of the bathroom holding a pill bottle.

“Nikkole Athena Lee, what the fuck do you call this?” He tosses me my prescription for Adderall. “What is this?”

“This is what normal people call Adderall.” I reply with a chuckle. “I’ve been on and off this shit for years. It’s all legal too by the way.” Colson looks over and Michelle and Gunner, asking if what I’m saying is true.

“She was diagnosed with ADHD around 18.” Gunner confirms. “It’s not a severe case or anything. But it’s severe enough that it calls for a low dose of Adderall.”

“She only got tested for it because she tried to take a classmates prescription so she’ll be able to stay up during finals.” Michelle adds. “It didn’t work like that. It actually helped her focus. When she told Tommy that, he talked to Heather and got baby girl tested.”

“I’m horrible at taking it but I’ve been consistent with it during the making of this album.” I inform everyone. “If it wasn’t for Adderall, this album would not have been finished.”

“I thought this was more of a kid thing.” Colson states. “Adults can have this too?”

“Some kids don’t outgrow their ADHD.” I shrug.

“I didn’t know you had ADHD.” Doug states.

“Yea, if you two had kids together; they would have been fucking screwed.” Michelle chuckles. “Dyslexia and ADHD; poor kid. But at least they would have been pretty.” I shoot Michelle a glare while Douglas looks away, not making eye contact with anyone. “Hey, I’m just stating the facts.”

“Sometimes you are just so outspoken,” Tyler Connolly, Michelle’s long term boyfriend and front man and guitarist of Theory of a Deadman, chuckles. “You do need to learn to bite your tongue.” Michelle shoots her boyfriend a glare, a playful one at least.

“Sorry for freaking out on you, Speed is a serious drug.” Colson states. “I think I’m more pissed that you aren't sharing your drugs.”

“The only drug I’m consuming is weed, which isn’t even a drug.” I chuckle. “Anyway, let’s go back to talking about music.”

“Princess’s first gig is tomorrow.” Ben smirks, “nervous?”

“Fuck. Yea.” I laugh. “I’ve never been this nervous. Ever! And I’m a fucking theatre kid. I’ve been performing on stage since I was young. Memorizing lines and acting in front of crowds is easier than this, in my eyes.”

“You were a theatre kid?” Colson looks confused. “Since when?”

“My major in college was Dramatic Literature.” I inform the rapper. “I didn’t get into music until after college. I wanted to be an actress on Broadway.”

“I knew you went to college, I just didn’t think it was for that.”

“Should’ve asked.” Andy tells him. “Nik has some pretty juicy stories from college and her theatre camp days.”

Colson looks at me wide eyed. I just roll my eyes. “We’ll talk about those stories at another time. Maybe sometime during the tour.”

“I’ll bring the weed, you bring me your lesbian experiences.” He gives me a whole body laugh.

“How do you know they are lesbian experiences?” Douglas asks.

“What camp trip doesn’t end in lesbian experiences? “Colson counters with another laugh.

“ANYWAY, I’m nervous and I don’t know fucking why!” I exclaim, trying to get away from the camp talk.

“You’ve got this.” Kendall assures me. “You’ve been around concerts all your life. Fuck, your dad and step dad are in famous bands.”

“Can’t forget brief time uncle.” I add with a smile, earning confused looks from everyone but Gunner and Michelle.

“Who the hell are you talking about?” Andy asks me. “Who is your brief time uncle?”

“And what band was he in?” Douglas asks.

“James Kottak.” I reply. “He was married to my aunt Athena. He was in Warrant and Scorpions.”

“You really do live in a musical family don’t you?” Douglas laughs.

“I was destined to do one of three things; make music, act, or model.” I shrug. “Apparently despite the schooling, the universe thought music was my calling.”

“You would have been an amazing actress.” Douglas states with sincere eyes.

“Tell that to the many failed auditions.” I roll my eyes. “My rolls were amazing. I only showed them my most inspired work; which oddly enough was all Shakespeare plays.”

“Please for the love of fuck, tell me you were in Romeo and Juliet!?” Colson exclaims. “Please, please tell me.” I can’t help but to laugh at him. He’s acting like an excited puppy. And I’m going to so regret telling him my answer.

“Yea, I was in Romeo and Juliet.” I mutter, causing the 6’4 child to bounce up and down excitedly. “And to make matters even better for you, I was Juliet.”

“Why is this such a big deal?” Andy questions me.

“Doug was in the movie Romeo and Juliet.” I reply.

“Yea, he was Romeo.” Kendall adds giggling. “How did you not pay attention to anything any of us said about him?”

“I tend not to pay attention to Nik’s boyfriends that aren’t Ashley. Sue me.” Andy replies. “No offence, they don’t tend to last long.”

“That is because of the manipulative prick I’m leaning up against.” I shrug before turning to face Ashley. “No offence.”

“Some taken.”

“Nik has a point.” Ben defends me.

“See, the Brit has my back.” I chuckle. “Thank you Benjamin.”

“You’re welcome Nikkole.”

“Back to Nik’s show tomorrow!” Michelle exclaims. “Nik, you have no reason to be nervous. You are you to go out on that stage a fucking rock it. You have been preparing for this day your whole life. You have an amazing backing band, an awesome cd and a badass manager and tour manager. You are prepared for this.”

“Plus your first real tour is with me.” Colson adds. “It’s better to start with a friend than some douchebag band.”

“This is true.” I smile. “Thanks guys, for everything.”

“You’re amazing, Nik.” Douglas smiles. “Don’t forget that.”

“So anything crazzzzyyyyy happening?” Kendall asks. “This is your first concert and you’re the love child of Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx; you have to have something crazy planned to surprise the audience.”

“Trust me, crazy doesn’t even begin to describe what is planned.” I smirk before subtly glance over to Ben who has a smile on his lips. Kendall isn’t going to know what hit her. I can’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Lynchburg Lemonade (Southern Days) by Theory of a Deadman.

Kinda fillerish. I'm really hitting a wall with this. So anything thoughts and suggestions are always loved.

Comment&subscribe?