‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

With a smile and a wink and a sparkle in her eyes

Nik

“So are you going to tell me where we are going?” I ask Ben as he guides me down Sunset. “And do you want to explain to me how you know where the fuck you are going?”

He chuckles has he pulls out his phone that current has the GPS open. “Where we are going is a surprise, darling. But trust me, you’ll love it.”

“Since I know this area very well, and I do, I’m thinking we are heading to The Whisky.” I state, earning a look from Ben. A look that tells me I got it. “Why are we heading to The Whisky, Ben?”

“I heard that some band is having a pop-up concert.” He shrugs as we continue our journey. “I figured this would be a nice first date.”

“I know everything that happens in the city of angels, why didn’t I know about this concert?” I narrow my eyes at him. “And how did you hear about it before me?”

“I had a lot of free time on my hands while you were shooting a music video?” He shrugs. “Someone DMed about it on Instagram. Apparently it’s going to be a big deal.”

“Can you atleast give me a hint about the band?”

“They’re doing cover songs.” He replies. “And I think it’s rock music, not entirely sure.”

“This is making me very nervous, Hardy.” I point out. “I don’t like surprises. Especially when it comes to music I could potentially hate.”

“You won’t hate this.” He turns to me and smiles. “I’d never steer you wrong.”

“You also don’t know me well enough.” I counter.

“But the person that sent me the message knows you well enough.” He vaguely says. But just as I’m about to say something, he drags me past the bouncer and into the venue. The venue is packed to the gills. But some how, we manage to make it to the barricades in front of the stage. Standing there is Kenny, Ben, Michelle, Tyler, Gunner, all of Motley Crue along with Pete and Evander. But the boys of The Dirt are no where to be found.

Parting ways from Ben, I walk over to my dad and Nikki. “What’s going on and why are you guys here at a concert?”

“You don’t know what’s going on?” Nikki questions. “Colson didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?” I’m confused. Colson tells me everything.

But before Nikki can reply to my question. The lights go out and the intro the Live Wire starts playing. And when the stage lights come back on, it reveals Daniel, Iwan, Colson and Douglas all dressed up in their Motley Crue gear. I look down the row at Ben. He just smiles before exiting the crowd. He was in on this whole thing…

**

“For The Dirt we had to learn a plethora of Motley Crue songs.” Daniel says breathlessly into the microphone after they play Take Me to the Top. “But this next song, we didn’t have to learn for the movie. We wanted to learn it. Why don’t I have Doug, explain this better.”

“This next song means a lot to me personally.” Douglas begins. “It’s the favorite song of my favorite person ever. I wanted to perform this song for her to remind her that she’s the single most important person I have ever met. And that I’m sorry for ever hurting her.” As he’s saying this, his eyes never leave mine. “I was told only a grand gesture would win her back. So here it is, my grand gesture. This next song is Starry Eyes.”

My eyes well up with tears as I watch the boys play my favorite song. I’m so consumed with the song, I barely notice Kendall and Ben walking up to me. “Are you really going to fall for this?”

“Fall for what?”

“Douglas dedicating this song to you?” She says as if it’s the most obvious thing. “Why this song out of all the Motley Crue songs.”

“I don’t tell many people thing but Starry Eyes is my favorite song Motley Crue has put out.” I inform her. “Douglas asked Nikki and Dad what my favorite song was so he could have it as my ringtone when I call him. This song was playing the moment he asked me to marry him. He’s the only one besides the Crue themselves that knows this song is my favorite.” Her jaw, along with Ben’s, drops. “So yes, I’m falling for this…” With that I get the attention of one of the security guards and get him to help me up onto the stage. I pass Daniel and Iwan and head straight for Douglas. He doesn’t stop, not even with I rip his Nikki wig off and crash my lips onto his. He finally stops playing the bass and his arms wrap around my waist as he deepens the kiss. This causes the crowd to go wild, along with Colson from behind the drum kit.

“IT’S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!” I can hear Colson yell. This causes both me and Douglas to smile into the kiss.

Douglas pulls away first and rests his forehead on mine. “I’m a fucking idiot. I know this now. Can you ever forgive me?”

“With time.” I reply honestly. “If you ever hurt me again, Nikki will kill you before my dad will even have the chance. You know this right?”

“I’ll let him.” Is the only thing he says before his pulls me back into another searing kiss...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Starry Eyes by Motley Crue.

Grand gesture enough? Think Nik's stupid? What kinda of trouble would you like to see Nik and Colson get into on the Hotel Diablo tour?

comment&subscribe?