‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Cause they'll never have a love like ours. Stay ahead of the falling stars.

Kendall is with Ben, who is visiting. Michelle is holed up in her hotel room with the Do Not Disturb sign up probably having sex via Facetime with Tyler. And I was stupid enough to push my adorable boyfriend into spending time with his Terror Twin. This leaves me very much along. So what do I do? Postmate house blend red wine and Cherry Garcia. Then when that comes in, I curl up in bed and decide to indulge myself in some Romeo and Juliet.

That was the plan, until Douglas walked back into the hotel room.

“I thought you were spending time with the girls?” He questions me as he kicks off his shoes and curls up in bed with me. “What in the world are you watching?” He asks as the opening scenes of Romeo and Juliet start. But he’s not really paying attention.

“Watching Romeo and Juliet.” He groans. This causes a chuckle to escape my lips. “Stop groaning, this isn’t your version. My love for Leonardo DiCaprio is far too great. So I’m watching his version of Romeo.”

“I thought you hated this play?” He questions me, before stealing my spoon filled with Cherry Garcia. I watch as he licks the spoon clean after it leaves his lips.

“I have two quotes from the play tattooed on my body.” I chuckle. “What makes you think I hate the play?”

“Since when?” He questions me. “I know you have one from Othello, but not from Romeo and Juliet.”

“You obviously don’t pay that close attention to my body.” I laugh. “Because I had violent delights have violent ends tattooed on my left foot when we were together. And I recently got thus with a kiss I die under my right boob.”

“Seriously?” He looks confused.

“Yes babe, seriously.” I laugh. “Next time pay attention to more than just the nipples okay?” He turns red. “But to answer your question, I don’t hate the play. I just hate Romeo and Juliet’s relationship.”

“Why is that?” He asks, before bringing another spoonful of ice cream to his lips. “It’s romantic.” Spittle of ice cream spray from his lips. “They are star crossed lovers that were forbidden to love each other because of a feud between houses.”

“That part, I’m fine with. It’s the whole knowing each other for four days, getting married after 24 hours and causing the deaths of six people; that’s what I don’t like.”

“You hate how people romanticize it, don’t you?”

“I read the play in 9th grade.” I start explaining. “I was about 15. This relationship is the first tragic love story we truly get introduced to, you know? And most girls think Romeo is that golden standard, which is stupid.”

“How so?”

“You played Romeo, you should know.”

“Enlighten me, please?”

“Romeo was on the rebound, first of all. He was madly in love with Juliet’s cousin. Then suddenly he’s over her? Just like that?”

“Ever heard of love at first sight?” I bite my lower lip as I look at the man in front of me. A smile appears on my lips.

“Before you? I never would have imagined falling in love with someone at first sight.” I tell him. “It took me years of knowing Ashley before I looked at him like that, which was probably a mistake. We really are better off as friends. But you? From the first time I saw you, I knew you held my heart. And that fucking scares me.”

“You just had to ruin that moment with cursing, didn’t you?” He chuckles before stealing a kiss from me. “You never felt like that with Gunner?”

“I’ve known Gunner since we were in diapers, literally.” I laugh. “I honestly don’t think I ever had romantic feelings for him. I think I only went into the relationship because I felt like I had to. Our dads joked about it enough. I thought that was what was expected of me.”

“And you don’t feel that way with me?” He questions me. “I did play your godfather.”

“You’re nothing like Nikki and I think that’s why I love you so much.” I reply. “You're not from my world. And you’re not trying to be a part of it. You’re just you. You love me despite all the reasons you shouldn’t.” He leans in and places his soft lips onto mine for a short but sweet kiss. “So what about you?”

“What about me?” He raises an eyebrow at me.

“Do you believe in love at first sight?” I ask.

“I have a feeling you know the answer to that.”

“Michelle and I went down a Douglas Booth rabbit hole when we were broken up.” I chuckle. “We found an interview where you state you don’t believe in love at first sight because how can you fall in love with just aesthetics.”

“That was a couple years ago.” He reminds me. “While I do still believe that, things have slightly changed.”

“How so?”

“Because you can fall in love with a personality and attitude at first sight as well.” He smiles. “While you are gorgeous, that’s not what I fell in love with at first sight. I fell for how you hold yourself, how you interact with the people you love. How you interact with Nikki and Tommy, the most important men in your life. Those things are the reason why I fell for you wholeheartedly the first time I met you.”

“You are dangerous, Mister Booth.” I close the space between us. “But that’s why I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: This is Living by Steven Strait (Undiscovered is such an underrated movie.)

Comment&subscribe? A cute moment between Doug and Nik. So I've got an idea for the next chapter and it's little like the chapter previous where she answered questions. But my next idea is like that but she has Doug and Colson answer questions about her. That would be fun to read right?