‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

I'm not flawless, but I got a diamond heart

FWD One Week

“Why are you so nervous?” Colson chuckles as he places a hand on my left knee, trying to stop it from jiggling up and down; a nervous habit. We are currently in an Urgent care in Bumfuck, USA waiting on my test results. Like I need more proof of being pregnant. The morning sickness, which has gotten progressively worse over this week, and the several positive pregnancy tests are enough proof if you ask me

“Don’t tell me you weren’t scared as fuck when Casie’s mom told you she was pregnant.” I scoff.

“I was also 19 years old and didn’t have a pot to piss in.” He points out. “So yea, I had a right to be scared. You have your life somewhat figured out. You have a roof over your head,a career, a bar and your parents are Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear.”

“That doesn’t stop me from being scared.” I mutter before letting out a sigh. “What if he freaks out and takes off running?” What am I going to do?”

“Sit back and watch me beat the everliving fuck out of him.” The tone in Colson’s voice is serious; he’s not joking. “I love Doug like a brother but if he does that to you, his beautiful face will be unrecognizable after my through with him.”

“Oddly enough, that makes me feel better.” I smile before placing my head on Colson’s shoulders. “What do you think his reaction is going to be?”

“Doug is going to be happy.” He assures me before placing a kiss on the top of my head. “He loves you, Nik. Wholeheartedly. He asked you to marry him once before, and this is after only knowing you for 4 months. He was wanting a family with you then; he’s gonna want to start a family with you now.”

“I hope you’re right.” Another sigh escapes my lips. “I don’t know what will happen if he walks out on me again.”

“I’ll kick his ass this time, don’t worry.” He assures me again with a kiss on the cheek. “Terror Twin or not.”

“My friendship with you might just be the single best thing to come out of the filming of The Dirt.” I admit to him, with a smile. “You’ve been by my side through everything. And you’re not doing it to get into my pants either.”

Colson chuckles. “In the beginning, before knowing you, the thought of sleeping with you crossed my mind. You are gorgeous after all. But now, I’d hate to ruin probably one of the best friendships I’ve made in L.A. Besides you and Doug are made for each other. He calms you down and you show him it’s fine to let loose once in a while. That boy is too proper for his own good.”

“He’s a proper London boy, leave him alone.” I chuckle. “You know Doug might kill you because you found out I was pregnant before he did.”

“I can take him.” Colson laughs just as the doctor comes in.

“So your test results are in,” the doctor begins to say as a smile dances across his lips. “Congratulations you two, you’re going to be parents!”

“Ohmygod are you serious!” I squeal before everything settles in. “That’s amazing news, but this isn’t the baby daddy.” I point to Colson. “He’s my best friend and the baby daddy’s best friend. He is just here for emotional support.”

The doctor’s face reddens in embarrassment. This causes me and Colson to chuckle a bit. “Don’t worry, dude. Everyone thinks we’re dating.”

“I’ll send the nurse in with some handouts and reading materials going over the things you should and shouldn’t do.” The doctor continues. “I know this’ll be the last time I see you, but I want to wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy Miss Lee.”

“Thank you Doctor.” I smile as he backs out over the room, closing the door as he leaves.

“So you got your confirmation,” Colson says once we are completely alone. “How are you going to tell baby daddy.”

A sigh escapes my lips as I lean over and bury my face in my hands.” Fuck if I know…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Diamond Heart by Lady Gaga

So how should Nik tell Doug? I need cute ideas!

comment&subscribe?