‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

I want your heart to beat for me

Two Months Later

The tour is finally over and all of us are back home. Well I’m back home in Nashville. Everyone is here as well to celebrate Douglas and I’s engagement. And we’re also letting everyone know I’m pregnant. We just got back from the doctor’s office and our little bean is perfectly healthy. And since I’m 3 months pregnant, we decided it’s high time to let everyone know. It’s been killing Douglas more than me. He really wanted to tell his parents and feels horrible for keeping this such a secret.

We are holding a small engagement party in my backyard. Everyone is here; including Douglas’ parents and sister. Normally I’m fine. I know his parents and sister love me; they aren’t the reason why I find myself pacing the yard. No. What has me pacing is the fact my dad and Douglas’ dad are talking.

“Nik, why are you so nervous?” Kendall stops me from pacing. “I’ve never seen you this nervous; not even before your first gig.”

“What has the never nervous Nikkole so scared?” Ben asks.

“My dad is talking to Doug’s dad.” I reply, pointing to the two guys having a casual conversation. “I know they’ve seen The Dirt. They know the type of life my dad has led. I’m fine with that. I mean, I should be fine with that. They’re accepting people. I mean for fucks sake their son is a damned saint. I don’t know why I’m stressing out over this.”

“Relax, stress isnt good for you.” Kendall tries to soothe me before turning to her fiance. “Go get Doug before Nik has a panic attack.”

“Aye, Aye.” Ben says before walking off to find Doug.

“How’s everything with you and the baby?” Kendall asks, softly once we are alone. “I know you had an appointment today.”

“Myself and the baby are fine.” I smile, subconsciously putting a hand on my stomach. “The little bean as Doug is calling it is thriving. Good heart beat, ultrasound was good. The doctor has no concerns at this time.”

“I still can’t believe you're pregnant.” She smiles. “I’m so happy for you.” She pulls me into a tight hug. “You’re going to be such an amazing mom.”

“I hope so.” I sigh pushing away just as Doug and Ben show up. Doug looks concerned.

“You okay, baby?” He asks, pulling me into his arms. “Ben said you were on the verge of a mental breakdown.”

“Our dads are talking and it freaked me out for some reason.” I let out a chuckle.”Why does that make me nervous?”

“I think you’re more nervous about our other announcement than our dads talking.” Douglas snickers, causing the other Brit to look confused.

“What other announcement?” Ben questions. “I thought this was just a party to celebrate your engagement? What are you guys; pregnant?” Doug and I share a look before looking at Kendall who laughs. “You’re seriously pregnant aren’t you? And you knew about it and didn’t tell me?” The last question was directed towards his fiancee.

“She swore me to secrecy.” Kendall throws her hands up in defense. “I’m not going to betray my girl just to keep you in the loop.”

“You found out before our dads have.” I offer Ben. “So you aren’t the last to know.”

A smile appears on Ben’s lips before he pulls both me and Doug into a hug. “Congratulations. I’m so happy for you guys.” We hug him back before pulling away. “You better name it after me.”

“Yea that’s not happening.” I laugh. “We do have some names picked out.”

“Care to share?” Kendall asks.

“First let us inform everyone that way we can speak freely.” I tell her before turning towards my fiance. “Shall we let everyone in on our secret?”

“After you, my love.” He smiles before the two of us head to the middle of my yard. Douglas clinks on his glass, causing everyone around us to look at us. “We’ll first like to thank everyone for coming to this party to celebrate our love towards each other. But our engagement isn’t the only thing we want to celebrate today.”

“Two months ago we got the best news two people in love can get…” I smile. “I’m currently 3 months pregnant. And we wanted to share this news with you guys now. We also want to apologize fore keeping the secret so long. We wanted to make sure the baby was nice and healthy for we told all our loved ones!” One by one loved ones rush us and before long it was just my dad standing in front of me.

“I’m going to be a grandfather, huh?” The infamous Tommy Lee smirk dancing on his lips. “God I feel so fucking old. But I couldn’t be any prouder of you. You’ve grown up so much and I don’t like it. To me, you’ll always be that tiny little girl that sat on the side of the stage headbanging to Shout at the Devil.” He pulls me into a back breaking hug and just holds onto me as we watch Doug and Nikki talking. “100 bucks says he’s threatening Doug’s life if he breaks your heart again and bolts.”

“Colson already threatened to make Doug’s face unrecognizable if he bolts.” I laugh, causing my dad to let out a laugh too.

“I knew there was a reason I liked that kid.”

“Same.”

“So where does this leave your band with Ashley?” Dad asks. “I know you guys have been making music but it’s not like you can tour pregnant or even for awhile after you have the baby.”

“Whiskey Rose is currently on hold.” I reply. “Ashley will understand. If not maybe it wasn’t meant to be.”

“So are you getting married before or after you have the baby?”

“I’m not suddenly having a shotgun wedding.” I chuckle. “We’re gonna have a long engagement. So we’re gonna get married once our life settles after having our little bean.”

“Little bean?” Dad snorts. “That’s adorable.”

“That’s Doug’s nickname.” I smile as I pull away from my dad. “He gets mad when I call it alien or just a plain baby.”

“You’re all grown up.” My dad looks down at me and smiles. “I’m so proud of you. You’ve found happiness in an unlikely place. But I’ll seriously kill him if he dares hurt you.”

“I know, Dad. I know.” I laugh. “I don’t think he’ll make the same mistake twice. Our future is looking bright and I can’t wait to see what it has in store for us…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Power Over Me by Dermot Kennedy

This is it for this story. I figure this would be a good way to end Devil with Angel Eyes. See you in Power Over Me.

comment&subscribe?