‹ Prequel: Starry Eyes
Sequel: Power Over Me

Devil with Angel Eyes

Darlin' in my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd go

FWD 1 week; Nashville, TN

Home Sweet Home is playing softly in the background. I’m sitting at my kitchen island, on my laptop, going over headshots and resumes of all the people Nikki thinks would be a great tour manager for me. I have no idea why he included pictures. I could care less about how they look. The only thing I care about is if they can keep me out of jail. Because I can promise you this; Colson and I WILL get in trouble. It’s a guarantee.

As Home Sweet Home turns into Bad Girlfriend, there is a knock on my door. Rolling my eyes, I shut my laptop and head towards the front door. Two to one it’s Ashley wanting to hang out. But when I open the door, I’m surprised and confused.

“Doug, what are you doing here?” I ask the Brit in front of me. He’s awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand and he has an awkward smile on his lips. “More importantly, how did you find out where I live?”

“Nikki gave me your address.” He admits, replying to the second question. “And I really wanted to talk. I wanted to talk away from L.A, the press, and the overly protective men in your life. I wanted this to just be us.”

“What could we possibly have to talk about?” I ask, leaning up against my door frame. “I thought we said our peace months ago.”

“You said your peace.” He counters. “I never did. You always turned away and decided to shut me out whenever I apologized. Even when I explained myself at your father’s party, you didn’t want to hear it. Why won’t you let me say what I need to say? Why won’t you let me fucking apologize?”

“Because a I’m sorry, Love. isnt going to be enough to ammend the fucking heart you destroyed, Douglas!” I exclaim. “What more can you say besides that you freaked out over our engagement?” He just sighs. “That’s what I thought.” I back into the house and attempt to close the door, which was stopped by Douglas. He walks in, closing the door behind him.

“Can I please talk?”

“Fine, I’ll humor you.”

“Nik, I fucking love you.” He starts. “You were all I could think about, hell still are. I’m only 26, I have my whole life ahead of me. I thought I was going to put my career first, especially since I’m getting more, different roles. Marriage should have been the last thing I thought about. But you came into my life. You came in like a damn hurricane and destroyed everything I wanted. I asked you to marry me, something I never knew I wanted. And you said yes. I was so happy, so looking forward to a future. Then you went home and I was away from you.”

“And you started thinking marriage really wasn’t what you wanted?”

“No, it wasn’t that.” He sighs. “I realized with my career, I would be away from you...a lot. And that scared me. I started over thinking. I got in my head constantly for those two weeks. You’re a great girl. Your smart, funny, and you don’t put up with anyone’s bullshit. You deserve someone that’s going to be there with you always. You deserve the world. You deserve a guy that is going to constantly shower you with love and attention and is always there when you need them. I’m not going to be the guy. I’m not go….” Before he can finish his sentence, I find myself walking closer to him and grabbing the back of his neck and pushing his head down until his lips crash upon mine. I missed those soft lips. I miss how the fit perfectly against mine, how the taste and how they can make the world around us disappear.

Douglas pulls away but rests his forehead on mine. “What was that?”

“You really need to stop over-fucking-thinking.” I chuckle. “That’s my job.” He just chuckles as his arms wrap themselves around my waist, pulling me closer to him. “Is this how you thought tonight would end?”

“Honestly, I thought you were going to slam the door in my face.” He admits, chuckling a bit. “But I’m glad you allowed me to get this off my chest. Because I wasn’t lying. I love you Nikkole and you have been on my mind constantly. I was an idiot to let you go.”

I pull away from him, despite my heart telling me to stay in his arms. “This doesn’t change the fact you hurt me. I’m not going to let you back into my heart just like that. You’re gonna have to work for it; harder than you did before. You didn’t just break my heart Douglas; you broke my trust.”

“Where would you like me to start?” He asks. “Telling me what to do and I’ll do it.”

“Give me a little more space.” I tell him. “Let me process everything you just said. Let me work through everything I’ve been feeling towards you these last couple months. If I want to restart a relationship with you, I’ve got to get over you first. As stupid as that sounds.”

He nods his head before placing a kiss on my cheek. “I’ll give you as much space as you need. You’re worth the wait. I’ll see you at the premiere?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I smile, causing one to form on Douglas’ lips as well. “See you, Doug.”

“See you Nik..” With that he walks out of my home, closing the door behind him,. I just let out a sigh before rushing to my phone and dialing a familiar number.

“We need to talk.” I say once the person opens. “I’m about to do something really fucking stupid…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Harden my Heart by Quarterflash

so who did Nik call? I've got a couple ideas. comment&subscribe? What would you guys like to see happen?