Status: Active!

Take Your Shot.

Secret.

“Do you have any idea what this could do to our family? You screw up and it makes the whole family look weak! You may not carry the name, but when you’re out on the streets you are representing this family,” The shouting could be heard all through the house as Jaycee slipped out of her bedroom. It wasn’t unusual for her to hear her father yelling. Most of the time she was able to ignore it, but this time it seemed like whoever was in the room with him had really messed up.

To the best of her ability, Jaycee tried to turn a blind eye to the fact that her father was one of the biggest crime bosses in California. The name Enzo Russo quickly grew and before anyone knew it, he had reached the top. It started when Jaycee was just five years old, her mother, Valentina, was killed. Enzo decided to take it upon himself to get revenge, it escalated from there. In the blink of an eye, Enzo was involved in drugs and his mafia was growing.

Fast forward seventeen years, Jaycee didn’t have much of a social life unless it was approved by her father. She had a few close friends, other than that it was just her father, her cousin Luca, and the men that work directly under Enzo. Matt Sanders, Zack Baker, Johnny Seward, Jimmy Sullivan, and Brian Haner Jr were the ones around her most of the time.

Jaycee walked to the kitchen in her white t-shirt and black short shorts. Opening the fridge, she grabbed herself a bottle of water. She turned her attention to the doorway as she heard footsteps approaching. A wave of relief hit her as she saw Matt walk in, “Oh, it’s you...”
Matt raised an eyebrow, “Well thanks, it’s nice to see you too.”

Jaycee shook her head slightly, “Sorry, I just heard dad yelling and I assumed it was one of you guys, I didn’t think anyone else would be here.” Matt took a seat at the counter, looking over at her, “Its Brian.” Hearing the words leave Matt’s lips, Jaycee froze for a moment. “What did he do? Dad sounds incredibly pissed...” she asked, almost afraid of Matt’s answer.

“That guy we’ve been looking for? The one that killed Joey, the dealer, and took off with the stuff? We caught him, Brian beat him to a bloody pulp, but we heard the sirens, they were getting close fast. Brian and I took off before making sure the guy was done...” Matt told her, watching for any reaction.

Of course it was violence, Jaycee knew her dad didn’t play around when it came to getting a job done. A sigh left her lips as she looked at Matt again, “I’m going to head back to bed, good night Matt.” Grabbing her water off the counter, she left the kitchen and headed back towards her bedroom.

As she walked past her father’s office, she heard him speak, “I can’t even look at you right now. Go, before I change my mind.” Jaycee walked by just before the door opened, she didn’t bother looking back as she walked. After hearing the door shut, Jaycee felt arms wrap around her. She quickly turned and looked at Brian, wide eyed, “Are you crazy?” She whispered, quick to move Brian’s arms from around her.

“I swear, it’s like you’re asking for my dad to catch us,” Jaycee scolded him as she opened the door to her room and quickly pulled him inside before closing the door. “Come on Jace, I’m sick of hiding us. It’s been almost an entire year...” Brian said, leaning against the door.

Jaycee sat on the edge of her bed and looked at him, “You know how dad feels about me getting involved with anyone, especially one of you guys.” Rolling his eyes, Brian walked over and knelt down in front of her, between her legs, “Jaycee, I don’t know about you, but I waited for this for years and I can’t wait until we can be out in public together...”

There had been a feeling of guilt for awhile for Jaycee. She knew Brian was growing impatient when it came to their secret. Truth be told, she didn’t blame him, he was twenty-five and had been through his share of shit relationships. So it made sense to her that Brian wanted to show her off, “Soon, I promise. Do you want to stay tonight?” Jaycee asked, hoping he would say yes.

Hearing her question, Brian sighed, hanging his head, “I wish I could. Tomorrow is an early day with the rest of the guys, have to clean up the mess I made tonight.” Looking back up at her, Brian leaned in and kissed her lips softly, “Maybe tomorrow night...” He gave her a smile before standing up and going over to her door. Brian was growing to hate leaving Jaycee more and more every time. Once he reached the door, he glanced back at her with a small smile before opening the door and walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, let’s give this a try and see how it goes. New story, thanks for reading!