Status: Active!

Take Your Shot.

Change of Plans.

“Jay, I said I was sorry,” Brian apologized for what felt like the hundredth time as he drove. It was just after five in the morning and the couple had left the cabin shortly after four. “You know I can’t ignore your dad’s calls,” Brian said as he kept his eyes on the road.

Jaycee sighed, “Brian, I’ve said it’s fine and I mean it. I was just hoping that we would be able to spend two days together with no interruptions.” She stared out the window, realizing they were only about forty-five minutes away from home. Truth be told, she hated Brian working for her father. Brian reached over to her and held her hand, gently rubbing his thumb over her hand. As much as Jaycee wanted to, she knew there was no way she could have thrown a fit and made Brian stay at the cabin with her.

“So, you’re dropping me off at Hanna’s?” She questioned quietly. Glancing over, she watched as Brian nodded, “Matt dropped your car off over there.” Jaycee didn’t say anything after that. She just watched everything pass as they finally pulled up to Hanna’s house.

Brian parked his truck, looking over at Jaycee, “I really am sorry. I wanted the weekend at the cabin to be romantic, ya know? Just the two of us, not hiding anything.” He ran a hand over his face as he sighed.

Jaycee felt a pang of guilt, watching Brian, “It’s okay, really. I know what you were doing and I appreciate it, I do. It was a great night anyway.” She gave him a small smile, “Just, do me a favor and call me when you’re done.” Jaycee said as she leaned over and kissed him softly. She grabbed her bag from the backseat and climbed out of the truck. Glancing back one more time before she walked into Hanna’s house.

“How was it?” Hannah questioned as the two sat on the couch in her living room. Jaycee had gotten comfortable on the wrap around couch as Hanna put a movie on, “Matt woke me up when he was leaving, told me Brian would be dropping you off. I didn’t think you’d be going back to bed.”

Jaycee laughed dryly, “You’d be right. Last night was great, being able to relax with Brian.” She sighed, “It just makes me want to tell my dad everything.” Hanna raised an eyebrow, “Really? I mean, that’s probably the best idea you’ve had in awhile considering you two have been doing this for a year, sooner or later you’ll get caught.” Nodding, Jaycee grabbed one of the pillows and tucked it under her head. She didn’t feel like talking much more at the moment. It was about half way through the movie when Jaycee ended up falling asleep.

“Jace? Jace, wake up,” Jaycee slowly opened her eyes to Hanna gently shaking her. “It’s about time. I just got off the phone with Matt, he said they probably won’t be done until late tonight,” Hanna told her as she sat on the couch. There was a small smile on Hanna’s face as Jaycee sat up, “What are you smiling for?”

Hanna laughed softly, “Well, since the guys are busy. We are going out for drinks and dancing. So, get your ass up, shower, and get ready. It’s already after four, we’re grabbing dinner at six and dancing by seven.” The blonde laughed as she got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

Jaycee got up from the couch and walked to the bathroom upstairs. Turning on the shower, she stripped her clothes off as she waited for the water to warm. Stepping into the shower, Jaycee let the water run over her. After washing up, Jaycee shut the water off and grabbed a towel before stepping out of the shower. Wrapping the towel around herself, Jaycee started to dry her hair. Jaycee put her hair up, grabbing the curling iron and curling the few strands of hair that fell by her face. After putting her make-up on, Jaycee walked from the bathroom to the spare bedroom where Hanna had left a dress for her.

“Jace! Let’s go!” Hanna yelled from the bottom of the stairs. Jaycee shook her head before walking out of the bedroom and heading downstairs. Once she was downstairs, Hanna grabbed Jaycee’s hand, “Let’s go.” She smiled as she left the house with her friend.

They grabbed something quick to eat before Hanna drove to the club and parked. Once inside, they got drinks and sat at a table. “Why are we doing this?” Jaycee asked as she sipped her drink. Hanna smiled over at her friend, “Because, you’re either stuck at your house or sneaking around with Brian. You need to go and have fun.”

As much as she wanted to, Jaycee knew she couldn’t argue with Hanna. She was right, Jaycee didn’t have much of a life. Deciding to go for it, Jaycee finished her drink and waited for Hanna before dragging her out to the dance floor. The girls danced as the music played, swaying their hips along with the music. Jaycee was in her own world until she felt someone touching her waist. Turning around quickly, Jaycee locked eyes with a man with shaggy blonde hair and green eyes. She quickly moved closer to Hanna before dancing again.

The next few songs played with no issues, Jaycee was enjoying herself. A small smile was on her lips as she danced next to Hanna. Suddenly, Jaycee felt someone grab her waist, more forceful than the last time, “What the hell!?” She turned around quickly, seeing the same man as earlier. Jaycee pulled her hand back to smack him, but he caught her wrist causing her eyes to go wide. Before anything else could happen, Brian appeared behind the man and tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned his head, Brian punched him in the face, causing him to let go of Jaycee.

The man held his face before turning and running away from the dance floor. Jaycee let out a breath of relief as Brian pulled her close. Glancing over to the table, Jaycee saw Hanna and Matt talking. Brian pulled her off to the side, “Are you alright?” Jaycee nodded, “I’m fine, just a little spooked.” Brian looked down at her, “Do you want me to take you home?” Jaycee took a moment to think, “Yeah, I don’t feel much like drinking or dancing anymore.”

Brian agreed as he took her hand and lead her out of the club, waving to Matt and Hanna as they left. He helped her into the truck and got in himself. Brian was quiet as he drove to Jaycee’s. As he parked in the driveway, he stared at the steering wheel. The silence was enough to scare Jaycee. She heard Brian let out a breath before feeling him gently grab her chin and turn her head. Brian kissed her, giving her a moment before he placed a hand on the back of her neck and held her there. Letting her go, Brian moved, parting their lips just barely, “I love you, so damn much. Just, remember that, okay?”

Jaycee nodded, confused at Brian’s words. She looked at him for a moment before getting out of his truck and walking into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone still reading!
Jaycee’s dress
Hanna’s dress