Status: Active!

Take Your Shot.

No Apology.

It had been almost a week since she had heard from Brian. Jaycee didn't know what happened, but her father had agreed to allow her to look for an apartment. He had one condition, it had to be near by. Jaycee ran into her father's office excitedly, "Dad! I found the perfect one." Enzo turned in his chair to face her, "Oh?" Jaycee slid the paper across his desk, "It's two bedrooms, a large open kitchen and living area, and it's only ten minutes away from here." Enzo looked over the information, "Mhm, I suppose this one would be okay. Let me make a few calls and I'll let you know, okay?" Jaycee nodded, not mentioning the fact that she had already been to the apartment.

Leaving her father's office, Jaycee decided to go downstairs and watch some television in the living room. Sitting on the couch, she grabbed the remote and started flipping through the channels. There wasn't really anything to watch, Jaycee grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and tossed it over herself before stretching out. The tv made for nice background noise as Jaycee slowly fell asleep.

There was a loud bang as Jaycee sat up quickly, watching as the front door was thrown open and Matt and Zacky came running in, "What the hell is going on?" Jaycee questioned, still not fully awake as she realized they were carrying someone else in with them. Matt quickly moved in front of Jaycee, "You need to go up to your room..." He said quietly, making sure he was blocking her view.

"Move, Matthew," Jaycee said as she got up from the couch and walked towards the door. Her eyes widened as she realized it was an unconscious and badly banged up Brian, "What happened?' Zack ran a hand through his hair, "We were picking Brian up on our way over here. He was coming down the sidewalk, somebody came out of nowhere and ran him down. We tried to stop them, but we only shot one of the guys. We need your dad to call the doc."

Nodding, Jaycee quickly ran up the stairs, only to come face to face with her father, "Daddy, it's," before she had a chance to finish, Enzo put his hand up. "I know, I'm dealing with it. Why don't you go to your room, just steer clear of downstairs and my office." He told her before walking past her and going to the front door. Jaycee huffed as she went into her bedroom and slammed the door. She was sick of being treated like a child,
being forced to stay locked up in her room.

Jaycee grabbed her cellphone off the desk and dialed the real estate agent's number. She explained that she wanted the apartment and she would be able to send the money to him as soon as the paper work was ready, "Wonderful Miss Russo, I'll email you the paperwork immediately." Jaycee smiled, "Perfect." She ended the call and went to her closet, pulling out the empty boxes. Jaycee began to pack her belongings as she waited for the email.

A few hours had passed when Jaycee finally heard a knock at the door. "It's open," she responded, not bothering to look and see who it was. Matt slowly opened the door and stepped inside, "He's alright." He told her, looking around her room at the many boxes that now filled the space.

"That's great. Do you want to explain to me why I haven't heard from him in almost a week?" she asked as she finally turned to look at Matt. "Because, I'd really like to know what was so important that he couldn't respond with a simple, hey, I'm alive, no need to worry." Jaycee said as she sat on the chair by her desk.

Matt raised an eyebrow, "He didn't tell you?" He sighed, "It was your dad, he sent Brian and Zack out to finish a job. They were told not to communicate with anyone until the job was done. Apparently, someone noticed Brian and followed him."
Jaycee looked down, feeling a bit guilty. Brian wouldn't do anything to put her in danger or risk her father finding out before they were ready. "Where is he?" Jaycee asked, finally looking over at Matt. Matt backed away from the door, "He's downstairs in the living room. I think your dad just went back to his office, so.."

Matt motioned towards the stairs. Nodding, Jaycee quickly walked out of her room and made her way down to the living room.
Seeing Brian, asleep on the couch, Jaycee walked over and knelt down next to him, "Bri?" She gently took his hand, "I thought you were ignoring me. I'm sorry." She sat there in silence for a few moments. When he didn't respond, Jaycee turned and sat on the flood, her back against the couch. Jaycee decided she would sit there until Brian woke up again.

A few hours had passed when Jaycee felt Brian shift on the couch, she sat there for a moment before turning to look at him. Seeing his eyes open slowly, Jaycee smiled, "Hey..." Brian turned his head slowly, smiling once he saw her, "Hey. Look, I'm so-." Jaycee shook her head quickly, "Don't apologize. It's not your fault."

"I, actually have some good news, I'm getting an apartment. If everything goes well, I can be moved in by the end of next week," Jaycee told him. Brian raised an eyebrow, "And your dad is okay with that?" Jaycee shrugged, "Well, he said he would think about it. I know I have to get out of here and try living on my own and then we wouldn't have to hide as much..."

Brian let his head rest on the pillow, "I get that, but you know how your dad can be. He isn't going to handle the news that you're moving out well." Sighing, Jaycee went to sit back on the floor, but Brian grabbed her hand, "Hey, I love you.." He carefully leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.