Status: Active!

Take Your Shot.

A Little Bit Of Truth.

Jaycee ran a hand through her hair as she paced back and forth in her bedroom. She was ready to move into her new apartment, but she hadn't told her father yet. The different out comes were running through her mind. Hearing a knock at the door, she was shaken from her thoughts. Turning her attention to the door, she relaxed slightly when Brian walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Your dad is out with Matt and the others, we have some time if you want to load most of your stuff in the truck," he told her, knowing she was having trouble with leaving. Brian walked over and pulled her into his arms, "It's going to be fine, we'll get everything moved and then when we get back, you can tell him. I'll be right here with you through everything."

As much as Jaycee wanted to believe him, she couldn't wrap her head around the idea of her father accepting that she was moving out. She knew it was now or never as she moved away from him and started grabbing her things to take down to Brian's truck.

It took about two hours to move everything from the house and into her new apartment. The ride back to her house was nerve wracking, as they turned the corner and the house came into view, Jaycee panicked.

"I don't know if I can do this, he's going to lose it," Jaycee said softly as Brian pulled into the driveway.

Brian sighed as he put the truck in park, reaching over her took her hand and kissed her cheek, "It's going to be fine. I'm right here with you." He gave her hand a squeeze before getting out and going to the house.

Jaycee followed soon after, walking into the house, she found her father in the living room. "Dad? Can I talk to you?" She asked as she walked over and sat in the chair across from him, she could see Brian standing just outside the door.

Enzo looked up from the phone in his hands and placed it on the table, "Of course sweetheart, you've got my full attention. What's going on?"

Deciding it would be better to just get it out and rip the band aid off, so to speak. "Dad, I want you to know, I'm moving out. I already paid for that apartment I showed you the other day and I've moved all of my stuff there. I just need my own space and I can't be around all of this twenty four seven. I'm sorry..." Jaycee told him softly.

"Jaycee, I told you I wanted you to wait and we would talk about it all. I don't appreciate you doing this behind my back. We've always been able to be honest with each other..." Enzo said. He sighed as he leaned back into the couch, "I can't really be angry, if this is really what you want. I am going to make sure you have protection though. It won't be every night, but every once in a while I'll be sending someone by."

She couldn't stop herself as she leaned over and hugged him, "Thank you so much. I thought you'd be angry with me..." Jaycee stood up from the chair and grabbed her keys.

"I'm going to head back to the apartment so I can get everything unpacked and settled into place. Maybe you could come over tomorrow and check it out?" She suggested, wanting to whatever she could to keep her father okay with the idea of her leaving.

Enzo simply nodded, "I'll give you a call tomorrow and we can talk then." He smiled as he watched her walk out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little bit of a filler chapter, the next one will be up soon. I'm really feeling the motivation to write again, it's just hard when my laptop has a cracked screen and I can barely read what I type.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Much love.