Status: Active!

Take Your Shot.

Coming Clean.

Jaycee was on cloud nine, it had been almost a week since she moved out of her father's home. She couldn't help thinking it was a bit funny that her father had sent Brian to check in on her once, Oh, if he only knew. Jaycee knew they couldn't do anything because Enzo would be expecting Brian back in a short amount of time.

Brian leaned against the wall as he watched Jaycee move around the kitchen of her new apartment, "So, now that you're living on your own, do you think we could talk to your dad about us?" He had really been pushing Jaycee to bring it up and she was starting to think he might be right.

Jaycee stopped and turned to look at Brian, "I'm going to have dinner with him tonight, we'll be out in public so he won't be able to cause a scene. I'll tell him then." She was terrified to tell her father about her relationship with Brian, not because she thought he would hurt her, but because her father was incredibly protective of her and no one would ever be good enough for her in his eyes.

The smile that crossed Brian's lips was enough to give Jaycee one of her own. Watching as he moved away from the wall and went over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pressing his lips against hers gently, Jaycee returned the kiss. When they finally broke for air, Brian pressed his forehead against hers, "You know I love you. You just made my entire day, but maybe I should go with you? It might look better if I'm there too."

"Brian, as much as I love that idea, if you show up with me, he's going to know something is up. Maybe you could come after I tell him? We're going at seven, so figure by seven thirty?" Jaycee suggested, knowing Brian wouldn't take no as an answer. Hearing him agree was a relief to her.

*Dinner*

The nerves were already starting to get to her as they sat at the table. She was trying to figure out the best way to bring it up.

"So, is there anything new I need to know?" Enzo asked as he looked across the table at his daughter. "Any boyfriend or someone you're interested in?" Knowing he hadn't had a lot of free time lately, Enzo was trying to catch up with everything going on in Jaycee's life.

There it was, the perfect opportunity to bring up Brian. "Well, actually, there is. He's really sweet and caring and he takes really good care of me, dad. He's actually on his way here right now, should be here any minute, really..."

Enzo was intrigued, Jaycee had never shown much interest in dating before, so whoever this man was that caught her eye, he had to be special. He leaned back in his chair, waiting to see who it was.

Brian couldn't remember the last time he had been so nervous, but here he was, going to dinner with his girlfriend and she was finally going to tell her father about them. Walking into the restaurant, Brian smiled slightly when he saw Jaycee. As he got close to the table, he could see the confusion and then realization cross Enzo's face.

Jaycee took a breath when Enzo looked over at her after Brian sat down at the table with them. She felt like the entire place had gone silent. "Dad, please say something..." Jaycee said softly.

"How did this happen? I thought I made myself perfectly clear that I didn't want this happening," Enzo couldn't wrap his head around the idea of his daughter being involved with one of his employees.

"Dad, it isn't like we asked for it to happen, but we're really happy together. I'm sorry if it's upsetting for you, but I'm really happy with him," Jaycee said as she tried to convince her father that it wasn't the end of the world because she was with Brian.

Enzo was silent for a few minutes, just trying to process everything that he was being told. Not only was his daughter sneaking around with a man, but it was a man that worked for him and that he trusted. "I really don't know what to say, I'm surprised. I never thought this would happen," he told her.

Brian was trying to stay out of it, he didn't want to upset Enzo anymore than he already had. "Sir, I'm sorry, but I love your daughter. Nothing is going to change that. I'm doing everything I can to make her happy."

Jaycee didn't know how her father was going to react to Brian's words. There was a silence that felt like it was going to last forever and she couldn't stand it. A wave of relief hit her when her father decided to speak again.

"It's going to take some time for me to get used to the idea of this," Enzo motioned between the two. He sighed softly, "But, if it had to be anyone, I suppose I should be glad it's Brian. I trust him to take care of you."

The smile on Jaycee's face quickly grew, "Thank you." She got up and moved around the table to hug her father, "You have no idea how much this means to me."

Enzo looked over at Brian, "Just treat her right, you know what will happen if you hurt her."

"Of course sir," Brian responded, hiding the smile that was threatening to cross his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter, but I'm trying to update. I only have access to a computer at work, so I'm doing to my best. Thanks for all the love!