Sequel: Always
Status: Active ♥

Forever

Sixteen

Not wanting to be around loads of people, Brooklyn grabbed Shylo’s leash and headed out to the park. Sat on the grass, she threw his ball as far as she could and waited for him to bring it back.

“Hey,” came Axel’s voice from somewhere behind her, causing her to glance over her shoulder and offer him a small smile as he approached.

“How did you know that I was here?” Brooklyn asked as Axel took a seat at her side.

“Jared told me.”

“You went to the house?”

“I wanted to pay my respects and make sure that you were okay,” Axel told her.

That was the one thing she didn't really have an answer too, she just felt a mixture of so many emotions and it was a hard feeling for her to explain. Brooklyn opened her mouth to respond, but quickly shut it again and looked over as Axel simply wrapped his arm around her shoulders instead of pushing.

“I’m sad, but that’s just a fraction of what I’m feeling and it sucks,” Brooklyn mumbled a while later, “My mom was in pain and I know that she’s in a better place now, but... I guess a part of me, the biggest part, is angry at her for leaving me behind.”

“I get that,” Axel replied, pulling her closer and kissing her head, “Just remember that it’s okay to feel however it is that you’re feeling, even if it doesn’t make sense or feels wrong.”

They had been sat talking for nearly two hours, when Brooklyn decided that it was time for her to head back and Axel walked her home. People were leaving by the time they arrived at the house and Brooklyn put Shylo in his house, before joining Axel in the living room.

She was exhausted by the time the last person left, leaning into Axel’s side and pulling comfort from the feeling of his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Jared soon joined them and Brooklyn took Braxton, who was reaching out for her.

“I thought everyone had left,” her dad stated as he entered the room, slipping on his coat and glancing over at Axel.

“Actually, I invited Axel to join us for a movie,” Jared added, glaring at his dad and heading into the kitchen.

Unsure of her dad’s reaction, Brooklyn avoided his gaze and sighed in relief when he simply walked out without another word. They were halfway through watching Die Hard, when her stomach rumbled and she realized that she hadn’t eaten.

“Can we order Chinese?” Brooklyn asked from where she was curled up beside Axel, her head resting against his shoulder and her hand on his leg covered by his own.

“Sounds good to me,” Jared agreed, taking everyone’s order and phoning through for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥