Sequel: Always
Status: Active ♥

Forever

Nineteen

It had been a month since Brooklyn’s mom had passed away and despite things being back to normal, she still wished that her mom was by her side. The grief seemed to come in waves, ebbing and flowing. Sat in the quad at school, she looked up as someone called her name and smiled when she spotted Brandon walking towards her.

“Hey stranger,” she greeted, setting her pencil down and closing her sketch pad.

“Hey yourself,” he replied with a grin, kissing her cheek and perching on the edge of the table, “I was thinking...”

“Uh oh, that’s dangerous.”

“Haha, very funny.”

“What were you thinking?”

“I was thinking that a movie marathon and pizza night is way overdue, if you’re free this weekend that is?”

“I have to babysit Braxton, but we could always do it at my house,” Brooklyn suggested, earning a nod in agreement from Brandon and smiling.

It would be nice to spend some time with her best friend; it had been a while and she’d felt a little disconnected from him. Brandon had been her best friend since forever and she didn’t want to lose him, especially because of a guy... no matter how important the other guy was to her.

They spent the rest of lunch discussing movie choices and finally came to a decision as the bell rang, sending them in opposite directions. Maths seemed to drag on for hours, but the bell soon rang and Brooklyn made her way to art.

Lost in a world of her own as she added some final details to her latest sketch, Brooklyn failed to notice her teacher come to a stop at her side and jumped slightly when she spoke.

“This is an amazing depiction of love,” she commented, reaching out and pulling Brooklyn’s sketch towards her, “The silhouetted couple against the moon is a really nice touch and the surrounding scenery shows clearly that this is a night scene, why did you go with silhouettes?”

“It allows the observer to create their own story, the couple could be anyone and I like the idea of everyone having their own interpretation.”

“What made you draw this picture and not something else that depicts the same emotion?”

“It tells the story of a guy that I know and the gravitational pull that I feel towards him,” Brooklyn mumbled, struggling to find the words and sighing as she shrugged her shoulders, “I guess it reveals what I wish was true.”

With a nod, her teacher smiled and headed back to the front of the class. The end of the school day soon arrived and Brooklyn headed home, dropping on her bed to get started on some of the homework she’d been given. She had just put her camera in her bag, when her phone chimed and she retrieved it to find a text from Axel.

‘What are you doing right now, beautiful?’

‘Just about to head out to the McCallister Nature Trail to take some inspiration pictures for my art assignment.’

‘Want some company?’

‘Sure.’

‘I’ll meet you at the corner in ten.’

Although she was happy to be spending time with him, Brooklyn couldn’t help the frown that settled on her face and made her way out with a quick goodbye to her brothers. It wasn’t unusual for Axel to text her after school, but it was rare that he wasn’t with his family or helping his dad out at the garage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥