Sequel: Always
Status: Active ♥

Forever

Two

Brooklyn grabbed Cameron a can of soda from the fridge, handing it to him and making herself busy. 
 
“So, about the bonfire...” Cameron began, causing Brooklyn to pause and turn to face him as she spoke. 
 
“It’s not really my thing,” Brooklyn told him honestly, “Plus I already have plans.” 
 
It was nearly an hour, before Cameron left and Brooklyn joined Braxton on the sofa. Tucking him into bed a while later, she pulled the blanket up to his chin and kissed his head. 
 
“Story?” he asked. 
 
“Okay,” Brooklyn agreed, knowing that he just didn’t want to be alone and retrieving his favorite book from the shelf before settling next to him, “One fine spring morning the Jam Pandas were having breakfast together in the kitchen of Tumbledown Cottage...” 
 
Braxton quickly fell asleep and Brooklyn put the book back, kissing his head again as she switched on his night light. Pulling his door too, she returned to the living room and put on a movie to watch while she did her homework.  
 
Unsure when she dozed off to sleep, she woke up the following morning to their dog Shylo licking her face and pushed him away with a groan. Glad that it was the weekend, she grabbed a shower and told her dad that she was taking Shylo for a walk. The park was busy as usual, but Brooklyn took him to the back field and let him off his lead.  
 
“Shylo... fuss,” Brooklyn shouted, watching as he returned to her and walked at her side, “Sitz.” 
 
Shylo immediately sat down, keeping his eyes on Brooklyn and waiting for his next command. Hearing someone call her name, Brooklyn glanced back over her shoulder and spotted Cameron coming towards them.  
 
“Hey,” he greeted. 
 
“Hi,” Brooklyn replied, “How was the bonfire?” 
 
“The usual, loud music, fire, people drinking way more than they can handle,” Cameron told her with a shrug, “Were you the one that I heard calling to your dog in German?” 
 
“Erm... yeah, Shylo is my dad’s partner and it’s good for his training to refresh them.” 
 
“Your dad works for the police?” 
 
“He’s a dog handler.” 
 
“That’s cool, why German though?” Cameron inquired, seeming genuinely interested and falling into step with Brooklyn as she walked. 
 
“Two reasons,” Brooklyn stated, “The first is that Shylo was imported from Czech, where he was trained in German and also because most felons can’t understand what the dog is being instructed to do.” 
 
“That’s actually a pretty smart move,” Cameron added, earning a nod of agreement from Brooklyn and smiling, “So, do you have any plans for today?” 
 
“Not until this afternoon.” 
 
“Do you want to maybe grab a milkshake with me?” 
 
“Sure.” 
♠ ♠ ♠
Twenty minutes writing and post is my method behind this... loosen up my creative juices a bit! Enjoy ♥

Fuss- Heel (Foose)
Sitz- Sit (Zits)