Sequel: Always
Status: Active ♥

Forever

Four

Sat on her bed later that night, Brooklyn scrolled through her Facebook and glanced over at Braxton who was sleeping next to her. Snapping a photo, she shut down her laptop and called it a night. She woke up the next morning to Braxton poking her and headed downstairs, making breakfast. 
 
“What’re your plans for today?” her dad asked as Brooklyn joined him and Jared at the table to eat. 
 
“I’m covering a shift at the diner,” Jared replied. 
 
“I was thinking of taking Braxton to the fair,” Brooklyn added, “Maybe grab some ice-cream after or something.” 
 
“I’m sure he’ll love that, do you need any money?” her dad inquired, standing up and grabbing Shylo’s leash. 
 
“I’ve got some.” 
 
“Okay, well I need to get to work... behave yourselves.” 
 
Nodding, Brooklyn watched him secure Shylo and sighed as he left without a proper goodbye. The day seemed to drag, but, finally, it was time to leave and Brooklyn got Braxton ready to go out. 
 
“Here,” Jared stated as Brooklyn headed towards the door with Braxton in his pushchair, opening his wallet and handing her fifty dollars. 
 
“Jared...” 
 
“Take it,” he ordered, “Have fun and I’ll be home by ten... maybe we can watch a movie or play some Mario Kart.” 
 
“That sounds good.” 
 
The fairground was already pretty busy by the time they arrived, so Brooklyn decided against getting Braxton out and smiled as her little brother looked around in awe. She had just won Braxton a Simba plush and handed it to him, when she spotted Cameron at the slushie stand. 
 
“Roar,” Braxton squealed happily, causing Brooklyn to chuckle and lookup as a shadow fell over them. 
 
“I’m starting to think that you’re stalking me,” Brooklyn joked without thinking, instantly regretting the words as they left her mouth and mentally facepalming. 
 
“Maybe I am,” Cameron replied with a grin, “Fancy some company?” 
 
“Sure,” Brooklyn agreed, “Are you here on your own?” 
 
“Some of the guys are around here somewhere, but they have their girlfriends with them,” Cameron explained as they walked.  
 
They played a few of the games and took some pictures with Braxton in the photobooths there, before going to get something to eat. It was almost eight o’clock, when Brooklyn decided that they should probably head out and bit her lip nervously as she turned to Cameron.  
 
“I should probably get Braxton home,” Brooklyn told him. 
 
“Yeah, of course,” Cameron agreed, “Is it okay if I walk you back?” 
 
“That’d be nice.”  
♠ ♠ ♠
Things have been hectic! But I am back! Enjoy ♥