Sequel: Always
Status: Active ♥

Forever

Nine

Brooklyn swallowed nervously as she climbed off of Axel’s bike, glancing down the street towards her house and reluctantly handing over the helmet.

“Are you going to be okay?” Axel asked, taking the helmet and watching her concerned.

“I’ll be fine,” she replied, hugging him before walking away and turning back a short distance away to look at him, “Hey Axel.”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“Any time, hermosa,” Axel stated with a smile.

With a smile, she watched as he rode off and made her way to the front door. Loud voices reached her ears before she even opened the door, causing her to hesitate momentarily and walk in.

“I made myself clear,” her dad shouted.

“What’s going on?” Brooklyn inquired as she joined them.

“Nothing, just go to your room,” her dad snapped, causing Brooklyn to flinch at the anger behind his words, “Now Brook.”

“Don’t talk to her like that,” Jared warned, standing up from the table and moving to stand in front of her protectively.

“Jared,” Brooklyn whispered, confused by her brother's actions and grabbing his hand that was clenched into a fist at his side.

“Tomorrow,” Jared told her, “While you were at school... that’s when he was going to do it.”

Brooklyn stared at her dad in shock, hearing Braxton cry out and heading upstairs without another word. She got her little brother from his bed and took him into her room, where she allowed her tears to full as he fell back to sleep at her side.

Somebody knocking soon broke through the silence, causing her to wipe away the tears rolling down her face and look over towards the door as she told whoever it was to enter. She instantly relaxed when Jared walked in, shifting over on the bed and patting the space for him to join them.

They sat up most of the night talking, reminiscing about times spent with their mom and Brooklyn’s fears that came with losing her. Her dad hadn’t spoken about what would happen when it came to saying goodbye, but she guessed that he never intended to let her and that made everything worse.

She woke up the following morning to find that she was alone and went for a shower, before making her way downstairs.

“Morning,” Brooklyn greeted, pouring herself some coffee and sitting down at the table.

“Jared’s dropping Braxton off at Lindsay’s and then we’re going to the hospital,” her dad informed her, setting down his cup and looking over at her, “I wasn’t trying to hurt you, Brook, I just don’t want that being your final memory of her... you deserve to keep your memories of her happy and alive.”

“Will it be quick?”

“The doctor said that it will take a few minutes for...” her dad began, pausing and shaking his head as if trying to rid his mind of something, “If you want to be there, you can, but you don’t have to and I’m sorry that I didn’t give you that choice in the first place.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥