Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

Prologue

Everybody has a dream. Whether it’s a real, unrealistic, or an unattainable dream everybody has a dream. A dream to make a difference, to inspired, to make an impact or to leave some mark on this Earth when we pass onto the next life.

Oh, sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Josie. Josie Lorene Mara and no Josie isn’t short for Josephine it’s just Josie.

I was born on April 15 1966 to an African American father and a Caucasian mother with some Latino blood. This was back when interracial relationships were seen as taboo. My parents romance was forbidden and frowned down upon by society. My fathers parents were cool with my mother. Moms family completely disapproved of dad so much in fact mom and dad had to sneak around just to be with each other. It was difficult for my parents since they couldn’t be together in public but they made it work for them.

Eventually their love and passion resulted in their love child you’re truly. (Laughs) It was bittersweet for mom because she knew her folks would hit the roof if they discovered her pregnancy but she wanted to have me so badly. So her and dad ran away together and eloped.

The big day on April 15, 1966 when mom went into labor. Fearing that no hospital would take her my mom had me and home with the assistance of a midwife. 4 agonizing long hours I came roaring into this world at exactly 12:00 pm. Mom was in so much pain but it all went away when she held me in her arms and she first looked into my amber eyes. My parents settled on Josie since it was an uncommon name and it meant that “God is gracious” pretty ironic since neither of my parents were particularly religious.

Anyway skipping a couple of years ahead life wasn’t so easy for me being a biracial kid meant I was an outcast. I was a bastard both cause my parents weren’t married when my mom got pregnant and also cause I was the result of the union of an interracial couple. Though my mothers pigmentation was obviously the more dominant of my parents. Bullying got to a point my mom or dad had to walk me to class which made it worse. I was called mutt, dirt, even had the n word thrown at me.

My parents always told me I was unique and different. No shit. My pops was real cool he was the lead singer in a house band in our town while my mom was a clothing designer for flamboyant out there outfits.

They always told me my uniqueness would be a strength and was a positive thing. That I was gonna change the world in some way shape or form and leave an impact.

I didn’t know how right they were this is my and my band mates story.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little backstory on Josie will add more later