Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

All Bets Are Off

“I’ve missed you so much baby.” Rena said embracing her daughter tightly. “Try to visit more often okay?”

“Okay mom.” Josie said hugging her mother. “I love you so much mom.”

“I love you too baby.” Rena said cupping her face. “Have fun on this tour, be careful, and take care of yourself.”

“We’ll make sure she does Rena.” Rodney said making Josie roll her eyes at him then smiled at his concern for her.

“You try to visit more often too Rodney I need someone to shake up my life every once in a while around here.” Rena said hugging him then kissing his cheek.

“Now Mrs. Mara you know I can’t stay away from you and your snickerdoodles for long!” Rodney said with a cackle.

“Speaking of which thanks for the treats.” Brooklynn said looking at Lyra who was carrying at four containers of various sweets.

“Think nothing of it take as much as you want.” Rena said.

“I gotta stay in good shape for the road Mrs. Mara.” Lyra said. “This ass isn’t gonna remain in good shape by itself you know.”

“It’s alright darling I can help keep that ass in good shape” Vince said winking at her making her scowl.

Rena chuckled. “I hope being on the road with Motley Crue is as entertaining as it seems.”

“You have no idea.” Aries said hugging Rena before heading towards the bus.

“Nice to see you again Rena.” Lyra said hugging her.

“Likewise.” Rena said then embraced Juno and Tracy.

“It was very nice to meet you Rena.” Mick said politely.

“Pleasure meeting the biggest band in the world right now.” Rena said as he shook her hand politely.

“Thanks for the goods too.” Tommy said carrying several containers as well as a jug of lemonade.

“You’re very welcome try not to eat it all by yourself Tommy or else that ass won’t fine in those leather pants anymore.” Rena said making everyone laugh.

“You sure you can’t come on tour with us?” Tommy asked. “You’re a riot.”

“Thanks for the offer but I couldn’t leave Horus and Roxy behind.” Rena said.

“Well, at least let us give you something for your hospitality.” Nikki said running to the bus.

He came back out with a sharpie marker holding a poster and a copy of Dr. Feelgood. He signed his name before handing it to Mick’s outstretched hand so he could sign.

“Oh fellows you don’t have too.” Rena said.

“Bullshit.” Tommy said signing as well. “It’s the least we can do for your kindness, your cooking, and your very good taste in mens asses.”

Rena laughed as Tommy winked at her. “Are my mom and Tommy really hitting on each other?” Josie whispered to Rodney who made a gagging face.

“I hope not because your mom is like a second mom to me and I don’t want the competition.” Brooklynn said jokingly.

“Really Brooklynn?” Josie asked raising an eyebrow.

“I’m kidding.” Brooklynn said then whispered. “For the most part.”

Just as the band finished signing the poster and album Rodney whipped out his camera.

“To capture the moment forever.” Rodney explained.

“Okay let’s take this.” Tommy said.

Motley Crue all positioned themselves with Rena in the middle holding the poster wide as Rodney took the picture. Then they took a couple of pictures of her with each individual band member.

“I really appreciate the gifts.” Rena said smiling at the Crue.

“You’re very welcome.” Mick said then startled slightly as Horus landed on his shoulder cawing softly. “See you around Horus.”

Mick stroked the falcon’s wings and head before he flew to sit on Rena’s shoulder.

“Nice meeting you Rena.” Tommy repeated hugging her causing Horus to fly up.

“You too Tommy.” Rena said returning the hug.

Vince said his goodbye as Nikki stepped forward he started to speak but Rena held up her hand.

“Before you talk I have to ask you Nikki.” Rena said. “Do you like my daughter?”

Nikki was surprised was it that obvious he glanced at Josie who was currently engrossed in conversation with Rodney, Tommy, and Brooklynn.

“I see the way you look at her.” Rena said. “It’s the same way Giancarlo looked at me before he passed away.” “Are you genuinely interested in my daughter or is this just a fling for you?”

Nikki couldn’t find the words to reply. “It’s nothing of that nature Mrs. Mara.”

“I’m not blind you at the very least are attracted to her.” Rena continued. “I’ve seen today you’re a very polite and lovely young man but your past has me weary but I believe people can change and deserve a second chance.” “What I’m asking is if this is just fun and games for you please just leave her alone she’s been through too much to have her feelings and heart messed with it.” “But if it’s genuine a word of advice thread pursuing Josie softly and patiently she has her moments where she is standoffish/defensive but give her time and she will let her guard down and let you in completely.”
Nikki absorbed her words he couldn’t believe it but Rena Mara was actually giving him permission and her blessing to have a relationship with her daughter. Most parents would probably get their daughters out the country if they found out their daughter was being pursued by the notorious Nikki Sixx but not Rena. His like for her grew tenfold.

“I give you my word Mrs. Mara I will not hurt Josie or put her through more then what she’s been through.” Nikki said firmly.

Rena smiled softly. “I appreciate that.” She said before hugging him tightly which he returned briefly thinking about how nice it would be to have a mother like Rena.

Nikki felt something rubbing against his leg and looked to see Roxy rubbing her head against his ankle.

“She’s come to say goodbye.” Rena said.

Nikki squatted and gently petted the fox that closed her eyes in content. Hearing footsteps approaching he looked to see Josie coming over.

“Hey, we’re about to leave.” She said.

He nodded and after another goodbye to Rena he made his way to the bus. Josie petted Roxy and kissed her head before embracing her mother a final time.

“Bye mom.” Josie whispered.

“Bye sweetie go and set the world on fire.” Rena said kissing her cheek.
_____________________________________________________________________________
“Well, I have to say I’ve never enjoyed meeting someone’s parent as much I enjoyed meeting Josie’s mom.” Tommy said opening a container. “She’s a hoot and a good cook.”

“I get see where Josie gets her good looks from.” Vince said smiling lecherously. “If only she was a little younger I would totally tap that.”

Mick shook his head. “Her mother is very nice, beautiful, generous woman have some respect.”

“Okay dad.” Vince said rolling his eyes.

Nikki barely heard them he was consumed in his thoughts with Rena’s words. Questions were picking at him too about what he overheard them talking about in the kitchen.

“Yo, Sixx you alright?’ Tommy said making Nikki look up. “I called your name three times you didn’t respond.”

“Sorry T-Bone I was just thinking.” Nikki said.

“About?” Tommy asked.

“About Josie.” Nikki said.

Tommy smiled fondly. “Yeah she’s really cool I like her and her mom a lot.”

“Speaking of her mom I saw you too deep in conversation.” Vince said then smirked. “Trying to score points with Josie by buttering her mother up?”

Nikki shook her head. “That’s not it Rena was just informing me of some things.”

“Like what?” Mick asked.

Nikki shook his head still in disbelief. “She pretty much gave me the okay and her blessing to pursue a relationship with her daughter.”

“What?” Tommy asked shocked as did the other two. “Her mom is okay/gave you permission to be with her?”

“Yeah I still can’t believe it either.” Nikki said.

“Well, score for you Sixx winning the mother over!” Tommy said raising his hand but Nikki didn’t high five him. “What’s wrong?”

“There something else.” Nikki said softly. “You know Josie had a baby?”

Everyone looked shocked. “No, she’s never spoken about having a kid.” Tommy said then looked confused. “You would think that’s something that would come up in everyday conversation.”

“Right.” Nikki said in agreement. “I think something awful happened to her baby and I overheard her mother, Rodney, and Brooklynn talking they said things like Josie was taking her meds that she hadn’t had another episode in a while.”

“Meds?” Tommy asked. “What does she have to take them for?”

“I don’t know but I know…hell we all know what an episode is.” Nikki said.

“She probably just has some kind of medical ailment she has to take them for.” Mick said. “As for an episode maybe her meds are to help mellow out her mind/mental state.”

“Whoa Sixx sounds like you scored another crazy.” Vince said with a laugh.

“Don’t talk about her like that.” Nikki said defensively. “This isn’t funny another thing her mother said was Josie had been through too much to have her mind messed with and if I’m not genuine to just leave her be.”

“Sounds like Josie’s been through some shit if her mom is that worried about her mind.” Tommy said then sat deep in thought. “I wonder what happened to her baby.”

“Hailey.” Nikki said softly. “Her baby’s name is Hailey when I was about to leave her room I saw a picture on her bed of an ultrasound and it read Hailey 6 months.” “But that’s the only picture I saw of her there weren’t any others in her room or anywhere in the house.”

“That’s strange.” Tommy said. “Especially considering the walls were heavily decorated with pictures.”

“There weren’t any of Josie pregnant or of a live baby.” Nikki said then grew more somber. “I think she either had a miscarriage or Hailey was born stillborn.”

The other three grew silent. “You really think that’s what happened to Hailey?” Tommy asked.

“It’s the only logical explanations I can come up with.” Nikki said. “Why else wouldn’t she mention she had a child if she had lost it?”

“That day when I joined her and Bexlee for coffee we passed some kids riding their bikes she stopped briefly and had a longing sad look on her face.” Mick stated. “I didn’t think much of it but now it all makes sense.”

“It always seemed like she had a bit of sadness to her now I understand where it comes from.”

Nikki said. “We’ve been through some shit but I can’t imagine losing a child or worse your child never being born.”

The whole band was somber for a moment pondering what Josie must’ve gone through and how she got up every single morning knowing her baby wasn’t there and how she got through life always wondering what could have been.
________________________________________________________________________________
“Boy, I missed your mom.” Brooklynn said plopping down next to Josie on the bench. Josie didn’t even glance at her, her thoughts consumed by that passionate make up she had in her room with Nikki and a conversation her and her mother had before they left.

“I’m so glad you came to visit Josie.” Rena said as they walked around in their maze of a backyard.

“I’m glad I did too mom I’m so grateful for the guys doing this for me.” Josie said.

“Speaking of them tell me how does it feel being on tour with the most notorious band in the world?” Rena asked.

Josie laughed softly. “There’s never a dull moment that’s for sure every day and night is an experience and an adventure.”

“Speaking of experiences how does it feel after having a crush on Nikki Sixx all these years for you to finally be on tour with him?” Rena asked plucking a grasshopper off one of her flowers.

“It’s so surreal.” Josie said. “It’s like being in a dream I’m still waiting to wake up.”

“Have you thought of making this experience even more amazing by possibly getting to know Nikki as more than just a fellow musician on the road?” Rena asked coming to a stop and sitting on a bench in the garden.

“Mom he’s a world famous rockstar he could have any woman in the world.” Josie said. “What could he see in me?”

“An extraordinary beautiful human being inside and a strong young woman who overcame her demons and didn’t let them take her.” Rena said strongly.

“Mom…I don’t know if I can let anyone in like that again especially after Brad.” Josie said swiping at a stray tear.

Her mother took her hands stroking the slash marks. “Not every man is like Brad sweetheart.” “Don’t let one bad man make you think all men are bad.”

“I know mom but his reputation has me…

“I know about that I’m not saying go into this with your blinders on be cautious about it.” Rena said. “I can tell you he’s interested in you.”

“Yeah, he’s interested in getting into my pants.” Josie said disdainfully.

“How will you know if you don’t give him a chance?” Rena asked.
Josie looked down she didn’t and a part of her admitted she did want Nikki as much as she thought he wanted her.

“Life is too short to dwell on bad things; you’ve been through a lot of hell sweetheart.” Rena continued. “It’s time to allow yourself to feel/enjoy happiness but only if you allow yourself too.”

Josie pondered her mother’s words before interlacing their fingers and looking into her mother’s eyes tears in her own before nodding.

As mother and daughter embraced the sun which had been hidden behind some clouds suddenly appeared shining on them.

“Earth to Josie!” Brooklynn said snapping her fingers in her face and waving her hands.

“Sorry.” Josie said grabbing Brooklynn’s arms to make her stop. “What were you saying?”

"Forget about it, what’s got you so deep in thought?” Brooklynn asked.

“Yeah, you’ve had that lost in space look since we started driving.” Lyra said sitting across from them next to Bexlee who looked up in concern from the book she was reading.

“What’s going on in that head of yours?” Brooklynn asked stroking her friends hair.

“I was just thinking.” She said fiddling with her hands.

“About?” Bexlee asked placing a bookmark in her book.

“Nikki.” Josie said.

“Oh really?” Lyra asked with a smirk. “What about Nikki?”

“Back at my mom’s house in my room we…we kissed.” Josie said preparing herself.

“You little slut trying to get busy under your own mothers roof!” Lyra exclaimed grabbing everyone’s attention. “I didn’t think you were that bold Josie.”

Josie rolled her eyes. “Typical Lyra response.” She thought to herself.

“Bold about what?” Aries said coming over and squeezing till she sat in Lyra’s lap.

“Josie kissed Nikki.” Brooklynn said smiling wide.

“You go girl!” Aries exclaimed jumping in Lyra’s lap. “It’s about damn time too.”

“For real, you two have been practically eye fucking each other since you’ve met though you’re more subtle about it then Nikki is.” Lyra said.

“So how was it?” Aries said leaning with her chin in her hands.

“It was…Josie started remembering the warmth and feel of his lips against hers. “It was incredible I always thought he would be a great kisser but to actually experience it.” “His lips are so soft, warm, and he does this thing with his tongue…

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” Lyra said holding up her hands in a time out. “His tongue was in your mouth?” “You mean to tell me you had a full on make out session?”

Josie blushed then nodded. “I demand details!” Lyra said as the others nodded in agreement.

“Start from the beginning.” Brooklynn said. “I want to know how it transpired.”

“Yeah, tell us a story.” Aries said then smirked. “You know the one I mean.”

Josie snorted out a laugh as the others joined in as Aries quoted Girls, Girls, Girls.

“Well, it started with him finding my drawings of him in portfolio then he questioned me about what my mom said about me having a crush on him and thinking of how good his ass looks in a pair of leather pants.” Josie said.

Lyra chuckled. “That was so fucking awesome when your mom brought that up.”

“Well, she’s not lying or blind.” Aries said then smirked. “His ass does looks yummy in those leather pants.”

“Agreed!” Brooklynn said as she, Lyra, Aries, Tracy, and Juno all gave each other fist bumps in agreement.

“Anyway I acted like I didn’t know what he was talking about.” Josie continued. “My back was toward the wall he began to walk towards me till my back hit the wall.”

“That is so cliché the ol act like you don’t know what the guy is talking about playing hard to get then he cages you against the wall.” Lyra said with a smirked. “Cliché as hell but still hot.”

Josie rolled her eyes with a smile. “Then we started touching each other just simple caresses.” “He said he liked my little dance during their show last night.” “He pulled me closer I wanted it but I didn’t want to get hot and heavy under my mom’s roof but he said one kiss.”

“What happened next?” Juno said in anticipation.

“His lips were so inviting looking so we kissed.” Josie finally said. “I had meant for it to be a simple kiss but it quickly escalating into more than a simple kiss.” “I was pressed against the wall when he lifted me my legs were around him and I could feel him I mean really feel him.”

“Wow.” Brooklynn said fanning herself. “This is hot.”

“We eventually stopped cause and that’s it.” Josie said.

“That’s it?” Lyra asked in slight disappointment. “I was hoping to hear about a quickie against the wall of your old room.”

“Shut up!” Josie exclaimed with a laugh. “Though if I hadn’t stopped it that probably would’ve happened.”

“You are being so risqué.” Lyra said with a chuckle. “So, what happened when y’all stopped?”

“Well, I guess he thought I regretted it because he apologized for it.” Josie said. “I told him not to be sorry that I wanted it and I wanted him too.”

“So, you finally admit to yourself you want Nikki Sixx?” Aries said with a squeal. “Well, I’m damn proud of you for going after what you want.”

Lyra nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you’ve been sad for so long Josie you deserve happiness.”

“Guys I don’t even know what this is.” Josie said. “I don’t know if this is just a fling or could be something more I mean the members of Motley Crue aren’t exactly known for having long lasting relationships with women that aren’t anything more than just purely casual/sexual.”

“She’s right I mean I’m pretty sure Motley Crue have fucked more women to the point they should go into the adult entertainment industry.” Juno said.

“True, I mean Tommy’s married…

“Separated.” Brooklynn said firmly. “Him and Heather are separated.”

“He’s still legally married to another woman and you’re having sexual relations with him.” Tracy said. “But you’re different since you’re not looking for anything long term or serious.”

“What about Mick?” Aries asked.

“I think Mick was wild in their early years but I think he’s probably calmed down the most out of the four of them.” Tracy said. “He’s married to some woman named Emi so I don’t think we have to worry about him as fair as him trying to approach you or treating you in a sexual way.”

“Thank goodness too if he did it would feel so gross.” Lyra said as the others looked at her in confusion. “Don’t get me wrong I like Mick he’s cool, good looking, and probably the only one of the Crue who doesn’t piss me off or annoy me but he kinda reminds me sometimes of my grandpa.” “Doesn’t say much but when he does he’s really wise.”

“Yeah he’s cool.” Aries agreed.

“Seems like we’re all unanimous about liking Mick.” Tracy said everybody agreed and laughed as Rodney hollered a word of agreement from the driver’s seat.

“What about Vince?” Tracy as making everyone groan or make some noise of disdain.

“He’s such an asshole I don’t care that he apologized that was a very dick move making Josie so nervous she probably would’ve been hospitalized that night.” Aries said shaking her head in disgust.

“Out of the whole Crue he’s the one I like the least and I have no wish to get to know him at all.” Bexlee said.

“I agree.” Juno said.

“Up until that point I tried to ignore him but I can’t ignore him messing with Josie like that he’s got a lot of ass kissing and groveling to do.” Brooklynn said.

“I just don’t like him never did never will.” Lyra said firmly.

Aries smirked. “You know you too have been at it even before we started this tour.” “You sure you’re not trying to cover up something?”

Lyra made a face at what she was implying. “Are you fucking kidding?” “Are you actually insinuated I want to fuck the Ken of glam metal?”

Aries shrugged and picked her nail polish. “It’s just a thought.”

Lyra scoffed. “Pretty dumb ass thought.”

“Come Lyra, you sure you don’t like Vince even despite the fact he’s a jerk?” Tracy asked fighting a smile.

Lyra glared at the six pairs of eyes looking at her before sighing begrudgingly.

“Okay, I’ll admit he’s kinda hot when his mouth is not open and sounds aren’t coming out.” Lyra said. “But the minute he talks his hotness immediately declines”

“I knew you thought so!” Aries said bouncing in her lap.

Lyra chuckled slamming her ass. “Yeah, you did now back to Josie what are you gonna do about Nikki?”

“Yeah, are you gonna pursue him or are you gonna tell him you want nothing to do with him in that way?” Bexlee asked.

“I don’t know I still can’t believe he’s even interested in me.” Josie said. “I’m damaged…

“If anyone knows and understands being damaged its Nikki Sixx.” Brooklynn said squeezing her wrist.

“She’s right who better to understand a horrible past but him?” Tracy said. “It’s probably one reason you’re drawn to/attracted to him because he’s a damaged soul too.”

“He can understand pain, having people the ones who were supposed to love him put/let him down, and feeling like he’s not good enough.” Bexlee said thoughtfully. “I suggest approaching this with extreme caution but I think you should at least try because you’ll never know how good a thing this could be unless you give it a chance.”

Brooklynn nodded in agreement. “She’s right you should give this and him a chance.” “This could become something beautiful.”

“But you’ll never know unless you take a chance.” Tracy said looking at her with encouragement.

“So, what are you going to do Josie?” Lyra asked.

Josie didn’t answer immediately hearing her friends and her mother’s words echo in her head. She had a lot to think about and consider.

They arrived in Phoenix around 7 the lines were going out the tours as the bands scrambled off their respective means of transportation. As the crew and roadies brought the equipment out and put everything in place for the show. As the Banshees were helping putting their instruments in place Josie was skimming through her lyrics notebook picking out the set list for that night. She decided that tonight they would perform all original songs written by them. When she finally picked the set it consisted of:

Back to the Wall
Mutation
Vital Signs
Fading Away
Haunted
Jude (Be Somebody)

Josie smiled happy at the selections as she walked back to where the others were out the corner of her eye she saw Nikki and Tommy in conversation. She stopped observing Nikki studying the strong jawline and how his green eyes illuminated. Nikki stopped talking briefly and glanced over Tommy’s shoulder catching her eyes. Josie blushed at having been caught staring Tommy turned to see what Nikki was looking at and smiled a knowing smile looking between the two.

Of course he would tell his bandmates about their make out session surprisingly Josie wasn’t upset about that. She saw that signature smile appeared on his face she gave a small wave and returned the smile. He chuckled and waved back as she walked away to the dressing room.
Josie ran her freshly painted black nails through her straight hair teasing it so it wouldn’t look so perfect. Her eyes glowed back at her through her smoky eye shadow as she rubbed her lips together making her black cherry lipstick darker. She straightened her little backless halter dress which ended just above her knees her legs peeking through the flower lace stocking she wore disappearing in a pair of 2 inch combat boots.

“Josie we’re just about to go on…Brooklynn’s sentence trailed off when she saw her friend. “Josie, you look gorgeous.”

“Thanks.” Josie said turning to her friend and looking her up and down. “So do you.”

“You look better it’s a good thing you have Nikki because I’m sure you’ll have Tommy’s attention dressed like that.” Brooklynn said with a playful narrowed eye.

“Well, it’s a good thing I don’t like Tommy like that he’s sweet and sexy but I see how as a friend possibly as another big brother.” Josie said.

Brooklynn made a playful disgusted look. “Eew, good thing you do cause if you didn’t that would be incest!”

Josie rolled her eyes bursting out laughing at her friend who laughed as well. Brooklynn threw an arm around her shoulders as they exited the room.

Josie and Brooklynn got closer to the stage where everyone was waiting.

“Bout time.” Lyra said looking at Josie. “Looking good tonight Josie.”

“Thanks.” She said with a smile.

“Okay, ladies good luck out there.” Doc said.

Lyra snorted. “Thanks but we don’t need luck we got this.”

The rest of the Banshess nodded as they began to enter the stage.

“Well, hello ladies.” Tommy said looking over Brooklynn’s outfit approvingly then noticed Josie. “You both look mouthwatering.”

Brooklynn giggled. “Oh really?”

Tommy nodded before leaning in kissing her neck. “Positively.”

Josie rolled her eyes then saw Nikki come in his eyes roaming over her outfit.

“Don’t you look gorgeous tonight.” Nikki said placing a hand on her bare back.

“Thanks.” She said softly reveling in his touch.

“Okay Josie you’re next.” Rodney said.

Josie nodded. “Nikki we need to talk after the show okay?”

Nikki looked confused but nodded he knew they had to talk about that kiss but he dreaded what she had to say.
__________________________________________________________
“You guys are such a great audience.” Josie said into the mic after they were done performing Vital Signs. “This next song is about lost and our feeling about that lost.” “This is dedicated to my father Giancarlo Mara passed away from pancreatic cancer.” Josie looked up at the ceiling sadly before whispering. “Daddy, I love you.”

Brooklynn began playing a slow mellow strum on her guitar.

Where are you now?
It can’t be here
I look into your eyes and I see nothing there
I feel you fading away
Bexlee began playing her keyboards as the others joined in as it got the chorus.
Who can I tell?
What can I do?
Your soul is lost somewhere
Why can’t mine be there too?
I feel you fading away
I feel you fading away
I try to dream I say my prayers
If someone hears them then I guess they just don’t care
I feel you fading away
I feel you fading away
I wanna scream I wanna run away
I wanna tear this world apart
I wanna cry I need somewhere to hide
The only place I know is the place inside your heart
_______________________________________________________________________________
Time to gather up the splinters build a casket for my tears

The music soared again as Bexlee continued to sing the background ba da pa sounds.

I’m haunted (by the lives that I have loved)
I’m haunted (by the promises I made)
I’m haunted by the hallways in this tiny room
The echo there of me and you
The voices that are carrying this tune

The music continued and began to fade as Josie and Bexlee continued to sing the ba da pa parts of the song.

When the song ended the lights came back on as the audience began cheering wildly.

“Thank you.” Josie said with a smile. “This is our final song tonight before Motley comes on.” “This song is about being a part of life but doing nothing but complaining and not getting up taking control of your life and doing something. “This is called Jude (Be Somebody).”

The audience cheered as they began playing an industrial electronic sound on their guitars while Bexlee began spinning the tables.
______________________________________________________________________________
Why you holding onto the pain?
Why you holding onto the pain?
Why you holding onto the pain?
She says “Hello Hello, is anybody home?”
Hello Hello (or did you sell your soul?)
Pick it up and go (is anybody home?)
Quit your bitch and moan (or did you sell your soul?)
It’s all you’ve done
I thought you wanted to be somebody, then be somebody

The audience cheered as the song ended and the light came back on as the Banshess gathered on the center on the stage and took a bow as they announced Motley Crue to come out.

As the Banshess made their way backstage Brooklynn was intercepted by Tommy.

“Can I help you Tommy?” Brooklynn asked with a smile.

“Yeah, you see I’m a little nervous about the show thought that I could get a good luck kiss.” Tommy said smiling as she laughed.

“You?” Brooklynn said laughing at his attempt to get a kiss. “Lee, you and the word nervous don’t even belong in the same sentence.”

“True but could I still possibly get a kiss?” He asked pouting his lips.

Brooklynn shook her head still giggling. “One kiss.” She said before cupping his face and kissing him deeply. Tommy was just about to pull her closer before she spun out his grasp laughing at his expression.

“Damn tease!” Tommy yelled but couldn’t help but chuckle.

“That’s right!” Brooklynn said.

After Motley finished their set the band ran backstage Nikki noticed Josie talking with Rodney and Tracy.

“Hey.” Nikki said wiping sweat off him.

“Hey.” Josie said smiling.

“You said you wanted to talk.” Nikki said.

She nodded she stood up and looked at Rodney and Tracy who gave her encouraging smiles Sighing deeply Josie followed Nikki to his dressing room. After the door was closed she looked at him trying to figure where to start.

“Nikki what happened in my old room yesterday I wanted it to happen.” Josie admitted.

Nikki simply smiled. “So, you wanted to kiss me as badly as I wanted to kiss you?”

“Yes but I don’t know what you’re wanting from this.” Josie said.

“What do you mean?” Nikki asked confused.

“I don’t know if I’m just another woman you can add to your list or do you really want something genuine out of this.” Josie said her face going sad. “If you just want sex I can’t be that girl I won’t be that girl.”

“Josie, hold on.” Nikki said noticing her eyes glistening. “Why are you crying?”

Josie sniffed wiping the tears away. “Because I really like you but I can’t let you hurt me.” “I’ve been hurt before by someone who claimed they loved and cared for me I can’t go through that again.” “So if you can’t give me all of you whatever this is isn’t worth pursuing.” “It’s not worth the heartache.”

Nikki wiped her tears as she talked absorbing her words. “Josie I’ll let you know that I don’t want just some fling with you.” “You’re not like all the other women I’ve been with I’ve never met anybody like you.” “But I’ll let you know also I haven’t had too many meaningful relationships with other people except for my bandmates but I liked to try out whatever this is between us.”

“Yeah?” Josie said.

“Yeah.” Nikki replied as that smile made it’s way to her face.

“Okay but can we go slow for now?” Josie asked.

“We’ll go as slow as you like.” Nikki said. “I won’t force you.”

“Thank you.” Josie said happy he was respecting her wishes.

“But does that mean no more make outs?” Nikki asked with a pout.
J
osie looked down then smirked. “I didn’t say that.”

Needless to say when Josie left Nikki’s dressing room her hair was mused and her makeup was smeared.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Nikki plopped down on the couch on the bus his eyes closed his thoughts consumed by Josie. He thought about their little make out session in his dressing room.

“Yo, Sixx.” Tommy said interrupting his thoughts. “You’ve got this stupid, weird, serene look on you.” “What’s going on?”

“Josie wants a relationship with me.” Nikki said smiling. “We’re going slow.”

“Well, that great news!” Tommy said slamming his back.

“It’s real good news.” Mick commented then turned serious. “Remember Nikki don’t hurt that sweet girl she doesn’t deserve to have her heart and mind fucked with.”

“I know.” Nikki said firmly. “I’m not gonna hurt her.”

“The hell’s the ruckus up here?” Vince asked coming from the back.

“Nikki and Josie are going slow.” Tommy announced happy for his brother.

Vince smiled wide. “Well, score for you Sixx your points on this bet are getting higher.”

“Fuck the bet.” Nikki said standing up. “The bet is off.”

“What was that?” Vince asked.

“I said fuck the bet it’s off.” Nikki said slowly. “I’m not doing it anymore.”

“You can’t just give up this bet what about the twenty thousand grand?” Vince asked.

“Take your money and shove it up your ass.” Nikki said. “I’m not gonna hurt her she’s been through shit and I’m not gonna put her through more.”

“I can’t believe you’re doing this all because of some girl you’ve only known a couple of weeks.” Vince said. “The hell happened to you Sixx?”

“I changed you didn’t.” Nikki said now in Vince’s face. “I’m done ruining my life and others lives.” “I’m done hurting myself and others in the process.” “That part of me who I used to be is no longer I’m completely done with him.”

Mick and Tommy watched silently proud that Nikki was standing up to Vince and calling this bet off.

“Keep your money the bet is off.” Nikki said in a tone of finality.