Status: Active

The Screeching Banshees

Band Meeting

Kato licked Josie’s face making her grumble as her eyes fluttered open coming face to face with the husky’s ice blue eyes. He barked wagging his tail as she sat up yawning and stretching her arms. She threw the covers back as she made her way to the bathroom. Josie was about to shower when she remembered her and Brooklynn were going for a jog that morning. She fixed her hair in a messy bun and dressing in some shorts and a tank top.

After making her bed Josie made her way to the kitchen. As she fixed her coffee and spread cream cheese on her bagel she glanced at the napkin at the corner of her eye.

She was still in a daze at meeting Nikki Sixx and his offer for the band to tour with Motley Crue.

Josie had slept on the offer but still hadn’t come to a decision. On one hand it was a great opportunity for the band to get themselves out there and more exposure. On the other hand she was still dubious about touring with the most notorious band in the world.

After feeding Kato she sat on the couch and grabbed a notebook looking over some new songs she had been working. There was a knock at the door.

“The door’s open Brooklynn.” Josie yelled loud enough for her friend to hear but not disturb the neighbors.

Her and Brooklynn lived in the same apartment complex though Brooklynn lived on the floor below with her dog Dash. Speaking of Dash Josie looked up as a flash of orange ran to her. She smiled as the Pembroke Welsh Corgi jumped up his front paws on her knee.

“Hey Dash.” She said scratching his ears.

“Dash get down.” Brooklynn said entering the living room with Kato by her side. “He’s overly hyper today.”

“It’s cool. Josie said standing up. “You ready for our jog?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Brooklynn said as Josie put on her shoes. “Last night was so awesome.”

“Yeah it was.” Josie nodded in agreement. “We had a great show.”

“I’m not talking about just that.” Brooklynn said thinking about kissing Tommy Lee. “I’ve got something to tell you, you won’t believe who I met last night.”

Josie looked up knowing who Brooklynn was talking about. “Me too actually I’ve got two things to tell you and you won’t believe who I met last night.”

“Two things?” Brooklynn asked with a raised eyebrow then remembered the guy she saw Josie talking to. “You got laid last night didn’t you?”

“What?” Josie said. “No!”

“So you didn’t go home with that guy we saw you talking to last night.” Brooklynn said.

“No but…I’ll tell you on our jog.” Josie said. “You ready?”

Brooklynn nodded as their dogs ran out in front of them Josie turned to lock her apartment door before they went on their jog.

In their hotel room the Crue sat as their manager Doug Thaler went over them for preparation for the upcoming tour.

“Look guys you need to find an opening band so we can get this show on the road.” Thaler said.

“We found one last night.” Nikki said.

“Really?” Doug said.

“Yeah some little girl group that performed at the Whisky Go Go last night.” Vince said with an eyeroll. “You gonna tell him what you did Nikki.”

Nikki glared at Vince as Doug turned his attention on him. “I approached the lead singer and offered them a chance to be the opening band for the tour.”

“What?” Doug asked shocked. “You’re serious?”

“As an overdose.” Nikki said firmly showing how serious he was.

“You’re willing to put the success of this tour at risk by booking an underground unknown band as the opening act?” Doug asked shaking his head in disbelief.

“Don’t be too hard on him Doug.” Vince said with a smirk. “Nikki has a thing for the lead singer, he was thinking with the head downstairs and not the head upstairs.”

Nikki glared at Vince. “You admitted you thought they were good last night.”

Vince shrugged. “Must’be had too much to drink.”

“What?” Doug asked angrily knowing he had laid down the law with the band before and after their stint in rehab.

“Kidding.” Vince said holding up his hands. “Jesus everyone’s lost their sense of humor now too.”

“It’s nothing to joke about Vince.” Doug said turning his attention back to Nikki. “What is the name of this band?”

“The Screeching Banshees.” Nikki said.

“The Screeching Banshees?” Doug asked.

“I know right?” Vince said laughing at their manager’s expression. “Pretty lame sounding right?”

“Shut up Vince.” Tommy said coming to Nikki’s defense. “They’re a amazing band their sound, lyrics, everything about them was amazing.”

Vince snorted. “Pay no attention to Tommy he’s been on cloud nine since he met the lead guitarist.”

Doug ignored Vince knowing he had a habit of being an ass he turned his attention to Mick. Out of the four Mick was the most mature one.

“What do you think of this band?” Doug asked him.

“They need some work but they have a lot of potential and talent.” Mick said. “I thoroughly enjoyed their performance last night.” “They’re definitely more than a band of pretty faces.”

Doug rolled the idea in his head a couple a times before dismissing the band except for Nikki.

“What were thinking making a decision like that without informing me?” Doug said.

“I thought it be a good idea to get/help a band out.” Nikki said. “Plus we need an opening act.”

“They’re not known Sixx so I don’t see how it would benefit the tour.” Doug said.

“We were once unknown too.” Nikki said. “You have to hear them yourself to see what me, Mick, and Tommy are talking about their sound isn’t like anything that’s out right now.”

“You know this is a big risk you’re taking right?” Doug said. “Banking on an unknown band.”

“We’ve always taken risks how is this any different?” Nikki asked. “I understand the risk I’m taking and I’m willing to take it.”

Doug sighed. “Alright Nikki but if this tour fails because of this band it’s all on you.” “You understand?”

“I understand.” Nikki said.

After Josie and Brooklyn jogged a couple of times around the park they started walking to catch their breaths.

“Okay so wanna to tell me what happened at the bar last night?” Brooklynn asked.

“You’re not gonna believe me.” Josie said.

“You’re not gonna believe me.” Brooklynn said making them both laugh. “Tell me.”

“You first since I have two things to tell.” Josie said.

“Okay.” Brooklynn stopped to face Josie. “I met Tommy Lee last night.”

Josie blinked not reacting in the way Brooklynn expected. “Did you hear me Josie?” “I met Tommy Lee drummer of Motley Crue last night.”

“I heard you I saw you leave with him plus I guess who I met.” Josie said.

“Who?” Brooklynn asked.

“Nikki Sixx.” Josie said.

“No fucking way!” Brooklynn screamed then quieted down when she saw kids nearby. “You met Nikki Sixx?”

Josie nodded. “That’s who I was talking to last night.”

Brooklynn laughed to herself. “I thought his silhouette looked familiar but I couldn’t tell because of the lighting.

“I saw him earlier I couldn’t tell either but I thought they looked familiar.” Josie said.

“The whole band was there?” Brooklyn asked still amazed.

“Yeah but I didn’t meet Vince or Mick.” Josie continued. “Lyra met Nikki sorta but she was so drunk she thought he was a lookalike.”

Brooklynn rolled her eyes. “Typical, speaking of Lyra she ruined my time with Tommy.” Brooklynn said. “We were having a nice conversation then…

“Then?” Josie asked as she stopped walking.

“We kissed.” Brooklynn said fighting a grin.

“Brooklynn…you just met him and you’re already sucking face?” Josie asked.

“He’s hot and he’s fucking Tommy Lee.” Brooklynn said as if that was the only explanation needed.

“Yeah but Brooklynn…

“Look Josie we’re both grown women I’ll do me you do you okay?” Brooklynn said. “Besides I’m probably not gonna see him again anyhow.”

“Actually you are a lot of him at that.” Josie said.

Brooklynn looked confused. “What are you going on about?”

“That’s the other thing I wanted to tell you.” Josie said. “When we were talking Nikki told me they need an opening band for their upcoming tour and he offered us the chance to open for them.”
Brooklynn eyes widen in shock. “Shut your mouth.” “You’re fucking with me.”
Josie shook her head. “I’m not fucking with you he was real adamant about wanting us to tour with them.”

“Ho…ly shit.” Brooklynn dragged out slowly. “Motley Crue wants us to tour with them.”

“Yeah I still can’t believe it.” Josie said.

“Well, you said yes right?” Brooklynn asked.

“I told him I had to think about it and run it by the rest of you first before we come to a decision.” Josie said.

“Well my answer isn’t yes.” Brooklynn said then grinned wide. “It’s hell yes!” She said doing a fist pump. “What do you think?”

“I don’t know I’m still debating.” Josie said.

“Girl, it’s Motley fucking Crue .” Brooklynn said. “What’s there to debate about?”

“How about the fact that Motley is famous and infamous for their antics on and off the stage?” Josie asked. “Do we want to be associated with that kind of behavior?”

“Okay, I see your point but Josie this is a great opportunity we’re being given and it would be stupid of us to pass it off.” Brooklynn said. “Plus the band has recently gotten out of rehab they’re not doing all those drugs and alcohol like they were before.” “Just think about it.”

I’ll think about more at the meeting after hearing everybody’s opinion.’ Josie said then changed the subject. “So, what’s Tommy like?”

Brooklynn’s face broke into a wide grin. “God he’s even better looking in person he’s everything we’ve seen in interviews.” “He’s sweet, funny, charming oh and he’s a great kisser.”

Josie rolled her eyes her lips breaking into a grin despite herself.

“He really liked our performance last and I told him Mick was the best guitarist in the history of rock.” Brooklynn said. “He said he’ll be sure to tell him that but looks like I can tell him that myself.”

“True.” Josie said with a laugh.

“Well, enough about Tommy let’s talk about the one and only Nikki Sixx.” Brooklynn said with a smirk. “What’s he like?”

Josie shrugged. “He’s okay.”

“Just okay?” Brooklynn asked. “Come on it’s Nikki Sixx you gotta give me more than that Josie.”

“Okay, he was nice to me last night I wasn’t too nice to him though.” Josie said wincing remembering how standoffish she was. “I was kinda a bitch to him.”

Brooklynn made a hissing noise as if she was in pain. “Ooh…Josie.”

“I know when I saw who he was I thought he was just trying to get into my pants but he didn’t try too.” Josie said. “I’ll be sure to apologize to him for my attitude.”

“You do that so is he as good looking in person as he looks in pictures and videos?” Brooklynn asked.

“Yes yes he is.” Josie said fighting back a smile. “I was surprised he even talked to me with all the other beautiful women there last night.”

“But he approached you though that means something.” Brooklynn said

“Yeah it means he wanted an opening band so he approached me for that.” Josie said making Brooklynn snort.

“No, it means he’s interested in you.” Brooklynn said. “You said it yourself he could’ve easily talked up some other chick last night but he talked to you.”

“Doesn’t mean anything.” Josie said. “He’s Nikki Sixx and I’m a nobody.”

“Josie look…

“Can we just drop this conversation and focus on something else?” Josie asked giving her friend a pleading look with her eyes.

Brooklynn sighed and nodded. “Okay let’s focus on how we’re going to tell the others.”
Josie nodded as they finished their walk in the park and eventually returned to their respective apartments.

Later that evening the band was gathered in Brooklynn’s apartment since hers was slightly bigger than Josie’s apartment. They had drinks and snacks on the coffee table to appease some of the members that were still whipped from last night.

“Okay who else are we waiting on?” Josie asked.

“Aries and Lyra.” Juno said as she grabbed the Cheetos.

At that moment Aries came through the door still wearing her work uniform Lyra close behind her wearing a pair of sunglasses and rubbing her temples. They came into the living room sitting in the last available seats. Josie eventually stood up till she was standing in the middle of the living room Brooklynn beside her.

“Okay so first things first we all had a good show last night.” Josie started. “Great show last night guys.”

The band all smiled and either patted each other on the back or gave each other compliments Lyra groaning here and there.

“How you feeling Lyra?” Josie asked.

“How am I feeling?” Lyra asked taking off her shades and gesturing to her bloodshot eyes. “What kind of a question is that?”

Juno scoffed. “It’s your own damn fault you should’ve stopped when we told you.”

“Look…

“Okay!” Rodney said before the argument could escalate. “Josie what did you call the meeting for?”

“Yeah you said it was really important.” Aries said.

“Well, last night you’re not gonna believe who I met.” Josie started.

Lyra rolled her tired eyes as best she could. “You called a band meeting to tell us you got laid?”

“No!” Josie said with a glare. “It’s about who I met it’s someone really famous in the world right now.”

“Mike Tyson?” Lyra asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Lyra, quick guessing and let Josie talk.” Aries said. “Geez!”

Josie took a deep breath and glanced at Brooklynn who gave her an encouraging nod.

“Nikki Sixx.” Josie finally said.

The band, Rodney, and Tracy had various looks of shock, surprise, and disbelief.

“Nikki Sixx?” Juno asked. “That’s the bassist of Motley Crue.”

“The one and only Juno can you think of anybody else named Nikki Sixx?” Brooklynn asked Juno
shook her head.

“Wow he was there last night and he talked to you?” Aries asked as Josie nodded.

“Well, did you get his autograph, a picture, or anything?” Bexlee asked finally speaking.

Josie shook her head. “No, but I got something even better than an autograph or a picture.”

“What?” Juno asked.

“So Motley Crue is about to start their Dr. Feelgood tour soon and they need an opening act.” Josie said. “The band was so impressed with our performance that they want us to be their opening act on the tour.”

“Don’t bullshit me like that because I’m not even 100% here or well to be fucked with like that.” Lyra said sitting up and looking slightly more alert than she did a couple of minutes ago.

“I bullshit you not Lyra I’m being completely serious.” Josie said finally smiling.

The band knew Josie wasn’t the lying type. “Wow I’m…I can’t even…words can’t even come out right now.” Juno said.

“Motley Crue wants us to tour with them.” Aries said in a daze.

Josie nodded. “So what do you all think?”

“I’ve already made my decision.” Brooklynn said. “I say hell yes.”

“What have you decided Josie?” Rodney asked.

“I’m undecided because it is a great opportunity but…

“It’s Motley Crue.” Aries said understanding Josie’s hesitation. “I mean they’re called the most notorious band in the world you don’t get that name for no reason.”

“Recently they’ve been called the most dangerous band in the world.” Bexlee added. “They’re well known for their outrageous behavior onstage and off.”

“Not to mention didn’t Vince Neil go to jail for killing a drummer cause he was driving under the influence?” Juno asked.

“Yeah Razzle from the band Hanoi Rocks he was charged with vehicular manslaughter and drunk driving.” Tracy said. “He was sentenced to a month in jail but was let out after 15 days due to good behavior.”

“But didn’t the band recently get out of rehab and are supposed to be sober now?” Aries asked.

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean much I mean you can get all the help in the world for a problem or issue you have.” Bexlee said. “But you know what they say old habits die hard.”

“You think they might fall off the wagon?” Juno asked.

Bexlee shrugged. “I’m saying it’s not far-fetched and it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.”

“Look guys I get it everyone’s wary about touring with them because of their reputation but we can’t judge them just based on their past.” Brooklyn said. “People can change and we’re really gonna pass up this great opportunity all because we’re afraid to take a risk with one of the biggest bands in the world?”

Everyone pondered Brooklynn’s words. “When I first met Sixx I judged him because of his past and I realized how unfair it is.” Josie said reminding her to apologize to him. “We all remember how I used to be don’t we?” She said then held her arms out for everyone to see.

Everyone made various looks of sadness and shock as the scars were a reminder of when Josie was going through a dark period. After pondering their words Aries was the first to come to a decision.

“Okay I say yes.” Aries said making Josie and Brooklynn smile.

“Ditto.” Juno said then smiled. “Maybe I can get some tips from the greatest drummr in the world.”

Everyone laughed. Tracy was the next one to come to a decision with a nod.
Josie turned to Rodney as he sat deep in thought. “Rodney?” She said getting his attention.

“I don’t want them taking advantage of y’all in any way, shape or form or else they’ll have to deal with me.” Rodney said.

Tracy rolled her eyes. “They’re already gonna deal with your crazy ass anyway.”

Rodney ignored her then grinned. “So I guess my answers yes I don’t have anything better to do.”

“We all know that.” Tracy said. “My answers yes too but we’re gonna need some other wheels other than that 8 passenger van.” “Y’all leave that to me.”

Tracy came from a pretty well off family so she had money at her disposal.

“Tracy are you sure it’s…

Tracy held her hand up. “Don’t you worry about it this isn’t for me this is for y’all to make it you know I’ll help in any way I can.”
Josie smiled gratefully at her before looking at Lyra who was slumped down in her seat. Lyra noticed her looking then stood up.

“Okay my answers yes but we need to lay down some ground rules for them.” Lyra said.

“Lyra we’re an unknown band we’re not exactly in a position to be making demands.” Juno said.

Lyra snorted. “Does it look like I give a flying fuck?” “I don’t besides if we don’t lay down the law from the get go they’ll think they can step all over us.”

“She has a point.” Aries said in agreement. “What rules should we lay down?”

“No sexist remarks or chauvinistic pig remarks.” Lyra said. “They do either it’ll be the last time Motley Crue has a tour.”

Everyone nodded in unison with that rule. “No unwanted sexual comments or harassment we show no interest they either back off or get castrated.”

“No disrespect towards us in general just because we’re a rock band that’s all women.” Lyra said. “We already have to deal with that bullshit enough as is.” “No grabby hands or unwanted flirtations.”

“Anything else?” Brooklynn asked.

Lyra thought about before plopping herself back down in her seat. “No can’t think of anything else right now.”

Josie shook her head before locking eyes with Bexlee. Besides herself she knew Bexlee was the more hesitant about this tour. Bexlee was a quiet soul who avoided conflict and danger like a plague this would put her completely out her element.

“I don’t know and I’m unsure about this.” Bexlee began then sighed looking at Josie “But I would feel like I’m letting you guys down if I say no or don’t go plus it is a great chance so…

“Is that a yes Bex?” Brooklynn asked getting excited then squealed as Bexlee nodded her head. Bexlee groaned as Brooklynn hugged her tightly she patted Brooklynn’s back as she sat her back in her seat.

“Well everyone’s made a descion except for you Josie.” Brooklynn said.

“You all know how I feel about this I’ve already told Nikki we won’t be putting up with their outrageous antics.” She said. “He’s assured me that won’t be a problem.”

“You believe him?” Tracy asked.

“He seemed genuine but I’m taking what he says with a grain of salt.” Josie said then sighed. “I’m still skeptical about this but…

“But?” Brooklynn asked.

“I guess this tour will have to make a believer out of me.” Josie said finally smiling locking eyes with all her friends and nodded yes.

“Yes!” Brooklynn yelled and grabbed Josie spinning her around making her laugh.
Eventually she put Josie down as everyone stood up. “Oh my God we’re going on tour with Motley Cure.” Aries said. “It’s so surreal.”

“I know right?” Juno said as everyone hugged in each other.

“Okay anybody have any questions?” Josie asked once everyone settled down.

“Yeah, is this meeting over?” Lyra asked making everyone roll their eyes.

Josie rolled her eyes. “Yes, meetings over get some sleep and y’all might want to start packing.”

Everyone gathered up and made their way to the door Rodney stayed behind. He walked over to Josie and locked eyes with her.

“You sure about this?” He said.

“Honestly no but I would be stupid to pass this up.” Josie said glancing at Brooklynn who was nodding in agreement. “Brooklynn told me I would be if I did.”
Rodney shook his head then took her hands. “This is gonna be awesome and hopefully be the big break y’all been waiting for.”

“I hope.” Josie said.

Rodney squeezed her hands and gave her a peck on her forehead before hugging
Brooklyn. “Goodnight ladies.” He said walking towards the door.

“Goodnight Rodney.” The two said in unison as the door closed.

“Girl, I knew you wouldn’t pass this up but I’m still surprised you said yes.” Brooklynn said hugging her and pulled back beaming.

“Me too.” Josie said. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“You sure?” Brooklynn asked walking her to the door. “This calls for a celebration don’t you think?”

“We can celebrate later right now I have to make a phone call.” Josie said.
Nikki was strumming and playing a couple of notes on his bass when his cell rang. He reached for the phone still playing his bass as he answered.

“Hello?” He said.

“Hello is this Nikki.” A women’s voice asked.

Nikki sat up recognizing the voice instantly. “Yes, is this Josie?”

“Yes I’m sorry for calling this late…

“No it’s okay I’m a night owl.” Nikki said.

“You and me both.” She said with a laugh making him chuckle. “So about why I’m calling.”

“Yes?” Nikki asked getting excited.

“First I want to apologize.” Josie said.

Nikki was genuinely confused. “Apologize?” He asked. “Apologize for what?”

“Well for my attitude towards you last night I’m sorry for being a bitch to you and judging you and your band members for your past.” Josie said.

“No, Josie it’s fine really honestly I would’ve been surprised if you weren’t wary of us.” Nikki said. “You don’t need to apologize.”

“No, I need too I didn’t have to act that way towards you especially since you were being nice.”
Josie said. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Nikki said no one had ever apologized to him for anything not his mom, not his biological father, or any of his would be fathers.

“I also called about your offer.” Josie said.

“You and the band have come to a decision?” Nikki asked.

“Yes after talking it over with everyone we’ve all agreed to be the opening act for the tour.” Josie said.

“That’s great!” Nikki said. “Thank you.”

“For what?” Josie asked confused.

“Thank you for opening for us and thank you for taking a chance with the most notorious band in the world.” Nikki said. “That takes a lot of balls.”

“Well, we have balls ours are just a little higher up is all.” She said quoting Joan Jett making Nikki chuckle. “So when do we go on tour?”

“Tomorrow.” Nikki said.