The Calamity of Beach City

Chapter 1

The sun shone through the Great Deku Tree’s leaves as Link searched the Lost Woods for treasures. He wasn’t hoping for much, but he looked anyway. He found a few disabled Guardians lying here and there, and he searched through each of them finding some ancient parts. Under some, he found ore deposits that he busted open for flint, rock salt, luminous stones, rubies, sapphires, topazes, and diamonds. He held onto these items for selling to Beedle, since he was the most accessible shopkeeper around. He spent the majority of the day rummaging around through and under guardians, but it was always the same find: ancient screws, shafts, or springs. Link had no use for any of these items, but Purah- a scientist on the hilltop of Hateno Village- could use them to upgrade the Sheikah Slate Link always carried.
As Link continues his search for (hopefully) new items, he heard some noises under a Guardian, ruffling of sorts. He went to the Guardian, beginning to hear new noises- a voice. He heard the voice whisper: “The Diamonds will be pleased to hear of the being in this other dimension...” then all went quiet. Link tried using every bit of strength he had to lift the Guardian’s lifeless body, but to no avail.
“Oh! I know!” Link said as he opened up his sheikah slate, chose something that read “magnesis” and lifted the guardian’s metal body out of the way. To his surprise, Link found what seemed to be a portal. He recalls no one telling him of strange portals, so he marked the spot on his map. He made his way through the woods, back to the Deku Tree and to where he gained the sword that seals the darkness.
“Deku Tree, do you remember anything about weird portals appearing underneath guardians?”
“I do not, young Link. Why is it you ask?”
“I heard a voice under a guardian i was searching and when i lifted it up using magnesis, i saw a blue portal to another universe.”
“I know nothing of portals. Perhaps Impa of Kakariko Village knows. She is very wise, after all.”
“Thanks, Deku Tree. I’ll see if she knows anything of it,” Link spoke, then began his journey back to Kakariko to pay his friend Impa a visit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this first chapter of “The Calamity of Beach City”! This is the first story I’m writing for Mibba. I understand it may be a little short or improper, but I’m doing my best as a beginning writer! I have the first 5-6 chapters planned, but other than that, I don’t have much for the story and am just winging it.