Status: Slowly working on this

The Things You Make Me Do

Prelude

Brian Haner Jr. sighed as wandered around aimlessly, lighting a cigarette between his lips. They had just come back from Warped Tour and while everyone else was seeing their family, he had just found out that his girlfriend had been cheating on him. He went to visit her at the college she was attending and found her, completely naked, straddling some preppy looking guy that probably had a trust fund and lived off of mommy and daddy's money. After calmly stating they were over, Brian turned around and got in his car, letting his mind wander as he left the campus. He could hear her screaming that he would never find a girl like behind his back but honestly, he was fine with that. Brian would be absolutely thrilled as long as he never met a girl like Mandy who cheated on him. Eventually, he ended up at the park and just decided to walk around to clear his head.

Finding his favorite bench, he sat down and began people watching. There was a nice family having a picnic and some other kids playing at the playground but that wasn't what caught his eye. Across the pathway and on the grassy field, he saw a particular pair of figures that made him smile. Jayden Katherine Madigan, or more commonly Jayde, was the younger sister of one of his best friends, Jordan Madigan. Despite the six year age gap, Jordan was very protective of his sister and the two siblings were very close. He often threatened anyone who dare hit on her in front of him, including his friends. Brian's step-mom, Suzy, was best friends with Dr. Ava Madigan, their mother, which cemented the friendship between the two families. In fact, his family and majority of his friends went to Ava as their usual veterinarian.

Yet, Brian rarely saw Jayde. During the school year, she attended some boarding school in Minnesota. Like her father and brother, she was a very good hockey player and was recruited to play for one of the best schools in the country. With the band just starting to take off and her being halfway across the country, Brian would just hear things from his parents. At sixteen, she already had several college scouts looking at her which was a source of pride for Ryan Madigan, her father.

With her, he could see one of the Madigan family Dobermans. As well as being a vet, Ava was well known and respected in the Doberman community as a breeder and judge. Each one of her dogs were absolute beauties that was cared for and loved, without a strain of aggression or any temperament issues. Growing up, both Jordan and Jayde participated as junior handlers in various dog shows but Jordan had no real desire to continue. He wanted to play hockey and join the Navy, like his father. Jayde had the passion and everyone was betting if it was her love for hockey or her love for animals that would determine her future.

The dog trotted over and leaned against Brian's body, doing the infamous Doberman lean. Since his family was so close to the Madigans, all the dogs loved them and often got excited when they saw one of the Haners. Smiling, Brian recognized this dog as Wolfgang, one of their top males and a favorite of his.

"Hey, Brian," he heard Jayde's voice call as he saw her jogging over to him.

He knew it had been awhile since he last saw her but seeing Jayde now nearly rocked him to the core. Sun kissed blonde hair was tied back in a messy ponytail, keeping those locks out of her delicate face. A savage laughter, similar to her father's, filled her deep blue eyes as a warm smile crept onto those pouty lips. Thanks to the fact that she spent most of the year in the Midwest, her skin had lost most of that California tan but her complexation was just as lovely. A simple attire of dark blue denim jeans, a maroon tank top with "Shattuck St. Mary's Hockey" stamped in white letters, and flip flops did nothing to hide the gentle womanly curves on her lithe body. She stood much shorter than Brian but there was just something about her that implied that there was much more than meets the eye.

"I could have sworn that you were still twelve," Brian joked as soon as he was able to recover from shock, "When did you grow up?"

"Everyone grows up sometime," Jayde smiled as Wolfgang sat down next to her, "I figured you would have been visiting, oh fuck, what's her name? That girl you were seeing? I just knew Jordy said that there wasn't a hamster on that wheel."

'Since when did you start swearing?" Brian asked, trying to refrain from laughing.

Since he's known her, Brian had never heard Jayde utter a swear word. She was a naturally quiet person who didn't feel comfortable talking in large groups. Over the years, it was something he appreciated about her. She didn't need to fill the void with talking and conversation. She enjoyed the silence.

"You should hear Jordy," Jayde replied, "The term 'swears like a sailor' is very appropriate."

Brian remembered that Jordan attended Boston University on a Navy ROTC scholarship and now was on some ship in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. A smile was brought to his face as he could see the hot tempered Jordan Madigan, getting easily annoyed and swearing up a storm.

"I bet. But I literally found Mandy cheating on me this morning so I decided to wander around here to clear my mind."

Instantly, her eyes widened her hands reached up to cover her mouth in shock. "I'm so sorry, Brian. She's a bitch that doesn't deserve you."

Even though she was reserved, when she was around people she was comfortable with, Jayde never hid her emotions and would let you know how exactly she felt. Brian knew she was being completely honest when she said all that and the fact was endearing to him. It had been quite some time since he last saw her but Brian knew she would never lie to him or say something just to make him feel better. She would speak truth, no matter how blunt it could be.

"Thanks, Jayde, I needed that."

Jayde didn't say anything as she stepped towards him and wrapped her slender arms around him. Surprised instantly filled him as he stood there awkwardly but soon that quickly went away. He could feel the blood rushing south as he felt the gentle curves of her breasts press against him. She was attractive there was no doubt about it but Brian was twenty-two and she was sixteen. It was highly inappropriate but yet, he was absolutely at ease. Just as gently, he wrapped his own arms around her and held her tight to his body.

She's Jordan's baby sister.

The thought was unwelcomed but he had to accept that. Jordan was one of his best friends and he knew damn well that if anything happened to his sister, their friendship would not survive his wrath. So instead, Brian let his mind wander and tried not to think about the fact that Jayde Madigan was a beautiful girl and she was in his arms.

"C'mon, let's do something fun," Jayde said, looking up at him with those stunning sapphire blue eyes, "Something to take your mind off of that slutbag."

"What do you have in mind," Brian asked as he released his grip on her, allowing her to take a step back.

"Well, you know Jordy is on his first deployment and mom is up at Vellejo for a show and dad is on an underway so it's just me and the dogs. I was thinking about going to the beach with Wolfie with a pizza and having myself a little bonfire if you want to join."

After that night, Brian never saw Jayde until several years later. She disappeared the next day with her mom saying that she had signed up for some summer hockey camp back at her school in Minnesota. He knew it was a lie but it was a very believable one because everyone was well aware of her love for hockey. Yet, Brian knew he was the one that made her disappear. Years later, he would hear that she'd visit but he realized that she only visited when she knew he wasn't in town. She was avoiding him and it made him feel guilty.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, after a huge chunk of time, I’m back. I’ve had this story in my head for a bit and I feel like this is a good time to actually work on this.