Status: Finished <3 Requests are open btw!

When I'm With You, I'm At Home

When I'm With You, I'm At Home

Suggestion By @winterblurr on tumblr: “Something cute where you and John are at home, and it’s all cuddly and warm. He’s just happy to be with you or *in your arms* (haha) :) xoxox thank you!!”

_________________________________________________________________________________

I opened the curtains tentatively. John and I had been planning this trip for so long and of course, now that we’re here, we get snowed in. It had dumped almost 3 feet since we got here and there was no way of getting out. The cold air rushed out from the curtain and tickled its way up my bare legs.

“The windows here obviously were not sealed properly.” I said as I threw the curtain shut again, spinning around quickly to return to the warmth of the old couch in the middle of the cabin. John appeared shortly with a mug of hot cocoa and a blanket.

“Cheer up pup.” He handed them to me and kissed the top of my head. The smell of mocha mixing with his cologne radiating from him. He walked over and opened up the curtains once again before walking back towards me.

“It’s way too cold John, I ca-” His lips pressed firmly onto mine, shutting me up and warming me instantly. He pulled away and knelt down next to the old fireplace in front of us, piling up blocks of wood that had been neatly stacked next to it, filling the cabin with that Oakey scent ever since we arrived.

Once he got the fire started he plopped down next to me. I immediately pulled my legs up and snuggled up to him for warmth, clutching my hot cocoa close as he pulled the blanket all around me.

“I love you.” I whispered, burying my face into his shirt.

“I love you too, even though you’re a tad whiney today.” He chuckled, nudging me slightly. I crinkled my nose and jokingly glared at him before turning my gaze to the windows. “Ah! Wait..” He jumped a bit in his seat before reaching back to the side table.

“What are you doing?”

“Just wait,” He held a small remote out toward the windows and suddenly the entire space illuminated with twinkling lights. The trees surrounding the cabin sparkled as the lights hit the flakes of snow burying them. The show around the small porch glowed with the light of LED’s tunneled down within it.

“Oh my god, John!” I set down my cocoa and knelt up on the back of the couch to admire his work.

“I found some old lights in the closet and set it up while you were trying to find a way back home.” He confessed, his hand running up the shirt of his I was wearing, snaking its way warmly against my back. I turned around and kissed him hard. I felt him chuckle through his lips.

“Thank you.” I looked into his big green eyes. He always knew exactly what to do to make me feel better.

“Merry Christmas Darlin’ I’m sorry we can’t be home.”

“I don’t care anymore John, when I’m with you, I’m at home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! This is my first one-shot that didn't turn into a chaptered fic!