‹ Prequel: Chasing the Enemy

Hellfire

Juggernaut child in a fragile land

I wake up, gasping for air. The red skinned demon is burned on the backside of my eyelids. My heart is pounding against my chest so hard, I can hear my pulse in my ears as well as a high pitch ringing. I scan my surroundings and I notice I’m not in my motel room. My bags aren’t here and my clothes aren’t thrown haphazardly everywhere. Instead, two men are sitting on the other bed; staring at me. Immediately, I recognize the two men from the church; they were the federal agents.

“Who the fuck are you and where the fuck am I?” I question them, quickly get up off the bed and back myself up against the wall. “And more importantly where the fuck is my car!?”

“The ‘69 Camaro is safe outside.” The one with the short brown hair, unreal green eyes and freckles tells me. “And you’re in the same motel you booked your room in; just a few doors down.”

“And we’re the ones that found you at the church passed out.” The other one says. He has soft, kind eyes and messy brown hair.

“Why were you at the church?” I ask them. “Why would federal agents care about what happened to a church with possibly faulty wiring?”

“You think we’re federal agents?” The first one asks.

“I saw you yesterday questioning the locals.” I reply. “Again, why would federal agents care about a stupid church.”

“We’re here for the same reason you are.” The second states.

“Your mother died of cancer and since her death you’ve had dreams about this church?” I question them. “Because that’s why I’m here.”

“You were called here.” The second starts. “Just like I was called here. You had a dream about this demon burning down a church. You saw the hell in his eyes. You saw your father, am I right?” My body goes cold. “I had a similar dream. But in my dream, you died. The demon got to you before anyone could stop it.”

“And you boys came in like two knights in shining armor to save me?” I question. “How did you know it would be tonight?”

“We followed you out there.” The first replies. “We knew where you were from the moment you cross town lines.”

“So you aren’t federal agents, are you?” I ask them. “If you aren’t feds, what the fuck are you?”

“I’m Sam and this is my brother Dean.” The second starts, introducing himself and his brother. “And what we are is complicated. We protect people, like yourself from things that don’t exist to most people.”

“You protect people from things that go bump in the night?” I chuckle. “You expect me to believe that? You guys need professional help.” I move pass them, only to be stopped by Dean gripping on my right bicep. I turn to look at him, narrowing my eyes into a glare. “I highly suggest you take your hand off of me. I know Krav Maga.”

“You know what you saw last night.” Dean states. “You know deep down demons and monsters exist. How do you explain what you saw last night?”

“Some dude in a hyper realistic Hellboy cosplay.” I reply, ripping my arm from Dean’s grasp. “It was just some local wanting to freak out the tourist that was snooping around the church.”

“Then explain what the demon said to you.”

“You heard that?”

“He wasn’t exactly whispering it.” Dean let’s out a humorless chuckle. “What did he mean it was your destiny to die in the ashes of the church?”

“You think I know?”

“You’re not safe out there.” Sam states. “You’re marked.” He points to the red hand print on my wrist. “Something is after you.”

“I can handle myself, boys.” I assure them. “Now if you would be so kind as to give me my car keys, I think it’s time I get out of the backwoods hellhole of a town.”

Krav Maga isn’t going to protect you from whatever is after you.” Dean points out.

“So I’m screwed no matter what, huh?” A humorless chuckle escapes my lips. “Unless you boys are offering to play bodyguards huh? Be the Kevin Conster to my Whitney Houtson?”

“You’ll be safer with us than on your own.” Sam informs me. “We’re not letting you leave this motel alone.”

“You can’t keep me here.” I counter.

“You’ll be dead by the end of the week if you don’t come with us.” Dean bluntly states. “So what will it be, Princess? Us or death?”

“I’ll take my chances with the demons.” I tell them. “I’ve got school to get back to. So please, my keys?”

Sighing, Dean digs into his and pulls out my car keys. “You’re making a huge mistake.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.” I chuckle. “Thank you for saving me, but I’m no longer going to be in any trouble. I’m leaving town. I’ll see you never. Have fun drinking whatever Koolaid you’re drinking.” With that, I walk out of their hotel room and head towards mine. It’s time to pack up and get the hell out of this place. It’s time to go back to school...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: When God Comes Back by All Them Witches.

So I did something similar to another fanfiction I did. Would you guys interested in me doing a playlist featuring all the songs I use for chapter titles?

And I think I'll have this taking place around Season two. Which is the current season I'm watching.