‹ Prequel: Chasing the Enemy

Hellfire

'Cause 96 quite bitter beings like to stack the bodies high

FWD TWO WEEKS

It’s been two weeks since the church incident and now I’m back in Athens, GA and classes are about to start back up. I’m sitting on the Nowhere Bar with my roommate Cassie, talking about our upcoming classes.

“I don’t understand how you can find the criminal mind fascinating.” Cassie remarks before tossing back the rest of her IPA. “I wouldn’t want to be in their minds at all; especially Ted Bundy.”

“He was a charming, attractive psychology major and slaughtered so many women but still loved at least one girl.” I shrug. “He’s going to be part of my thesis paper.”

“Couldn’t you have picked a normal major?”

“Like fashion, like you?” I counter, rolling my eyes. “I’m not a girly girl, Cas. You’ve known this for how many years that we’ve been roommates.” Before Cassie could say anything her gaze leaves me and goes over my shoulder.

“Don’t look now but there are two goregous men walking in.” She giggles. “They have to be out of towners because they are too gorgeous for them to be students and me not know them.” I turn around and my heart stops. A chill dances up my spine, leaving goosebumps in its wake. They found me. I find myself walking towards them on autopilot I barely hear Cassie yelling towards me. “The shorter one with freckles is mine!”

“What are you doing here?” I growl at them. “I thought I left you far behind in that backwoods town.”

“We’ve been keeping an eye on you Madisyn.” Sam states, softly smiling.

“I’m not even going to ask how you know my name.” I huff. “Just let me know why you’re here. Is Hellboy after me again?”

“Has the handprint on your arm disappear?” Dean asks. I don’t reply and I just rub my wrist where the mark still is. “You’re still marked for death. Has anything weird happened to you lately?”

“Other than seeing you assholes?” I ask. “No, nothing. Everything has been peachy keen in my neck of the woods.”

“Are you sure about that?” Dean questions. “Or are you going to forget about the apparently suicide of a fellow classmate that lives in your dorm suite.”

“She was stressed out and offed herself; nothing fishy or supernatural about it.” I scoff. “She was a ticking time bomb anyway. It was bound to happen.”

“Or are you going to forget the call you got from your sister?” Sam joins in. “About how your father came in contact with her recently. And how she heard loud dogs right outside her door.”

“There were no dogs coming after her, she was just drunk and seeing shit.” I roll my eyes. “That’s normal stuff. Not supernatural.” Before Dean or Sam can say anything else, a loud ear piercing yell sounds out through the bar. I turn around and see red skinned demons storming into the bar through every window and exit. One of them is going after Cassie. “Cassie!” I yell before attempting to reach my roommate.

Dean wraps his arms around my, keeping me from moving any closer to my roommate. “Is this normal to you as well?” Dean growls before he starts dragging me to the door.

“I can’t leave, my roommate is in there.” I flail and struggle against Dean. “I can’t leave her there to die.”

“If you go in there, you’ll die.” Sam states once we’re outside. “Your friend is long gone by now. We can’t let you die with here.”

“Both of you have said it yourself, I’m marked to die.” I yell at them, still struggling against Dean’s strong grip. “Why aren’t you letting me die!? Let me go in there and save my roommate. They’re after me, not her.”

“We’re not going to let yourself sacrifice yourself!” Dean states as his grip around me gets tighter, if that is even possible. “Now come on, we’ve gotta get out of here.” He shoves me in the back seat of his Impala before getting in himself. “WE’re going to have to leave your belongings and car behind. We can’t risk them following you.”

“They found me here.” I remind them as the car engine revs to life. “They’ll find me anywhere I go so what’s the point.”

“We’re not going to allow them to corner us at your apartment.” Dean informs me. “So we’ll pick you up clothes later. Right now, we need to get out of here and fast. We’ll have to shake them off your scent.”

I just sit in the backseat of the car in silence, as Dean drives away, leaving the screaming and fire behind us...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: 96 Quite Bitter Beings by CKY

comment&subscribe?