Status: In Progress

Mystic: The Tablets of Gilgamesh

The Final Confrontation

Chapter Ten
The Final Confrontation

As Daniel attacked Adam, Adam quickly dodged, left and right, stepping back with every swing and stab at him. His eyes read every move, he could follow his every attack. Was this the power Zeus unlocked? What was it he did?

Adam expertly blocked the oncoming attack and spun kicked towards Daniel, who twisted his wrist and blocked it with the hilt of the trident. Daniel grabbed Adam’s leg with the hilt, twisted his arm and flipped Adam mid-attack, making him spun.

The two fought for a while, their attacks seemingly on par with one another. With Adam being an Aries, he uses his expansive knowledge of fighting techniques and his training with Jellal to combat Daniel.

Daniel leaped back as the trident turned into water vapor than nothing, fading away entirely as Daniel pulled his hands back, cupped them and a ball of white light formed. “You’re stronger than I expected, brother! Ha-ha, this is amazing, let’s see if you can take this!” Daniel extended his arms out and fired a beam aimed at Adam as Adam did the same, the two beams colliding and building up into a large ball in the middle.

Alura got up and tried to drag Sally and Mako to safety as she witnessed the power struggle between the brothers. “Adam…” she said as she looked at them before marching away.
The two clashed so fast that the human eye couldn’t follow, save for the shock waves from their collisions.

Adam flew at Daniel he punched his brother's oncoming fist, their fists colliding as a shockwave appeared, glass from nearby windows shattering. To the normal human, it would sound like gunshots or explosions.

Adam heard the voice call again, Adam, call my name.
Adam focused as he closed his eyes and tried to meet the star again. “What is your name?”
“My name is Aegeus,” he said as Adam’s eyes fluttered open, he held his hand out and called.
“Fight with me, help me save my friends, Aegeus!” He shouted as a golden light formed in his hands, a sword forming with razor-sharp edges and shark teeth at the ends. Adam held the sword in hand, the hilt of the sword possesses as blood-red stone as he placed the Bloodstone with it, the two fusing as he felt his power grow. He dashed towards his brother, but Daniel blocked the oncoming attack with his trident, feeling himself be pushed back slightly. He flicked the trident, throwing Adam back as he skids back across the pavement.

He leaped into the air and swiped down, then to the left and right, Daniel blocking and dodging as Adam attempted to kill Daniel. He attacked once more, this time the sword glowed with energy as bright as the sun as he cut up, sending a powerful blast of energy flying at Daniel, he blocked it with the trident, the weapon of a God holding against the power of a mere mortal.
“Ahhh!” Adam screamed as he went to stab his brother, he grabbed the blade in his hand, the ground shaking and glass shattering from the force as he kicked Adam in the face.
Daniel stood there wiping a small trail of blood from his face as he then looked at Adam. “Yes, this is what I’m talking about, you get it, don’t you?” He asked Adam. “This was meant to be, brother. You and I, colliding like the Gods themselves.”

Daniel summoned water pillars to his side as they fired past him and aimed to hit Adam. Adam, seeing this, dodged the first one than the second and finally the third he blocked with the blade as he felt himself get pushed back. He leaped back as they came towards him like deadly tendrils. He flipped mid-air to avoid them as he landed on the ground, now finding himself surrounded by a wall of water rapidly spinning. Adam’s eyes rapidly looked around, eyeing the move for an oncoming attack.

The water broke down as a pillar of water flew at him from behind. He turned around just in time to use the sword as a shield as it lifted him off the ground and sent him flying into a nearby building.
Inside, Adam stood up as he looked at his surroundings, seeing an office. He looked at a photo nearby of a mother with her family and thought that she might be dead. “Damn it…” Adam uttered under his breath as he looked outside. Daniel was a skilled fighter, how was he going to beat him? Adam leaped out of the building and eyed his brother down as he readied his sword.

Daniel charged Adam with the trident of Poseidon with intent to kill this time, Adam’s eyes widen as the tips came towards him. But all that his him was blood as he looked up to see Sally in front of him, lightning bounding off of her, the trident piercing her.

“W-Why?!” Adam asked from the ground.

“Because you can’t die yet… You’re a friend, Adam.” Sally replied as her eyes rolled in the back of her head, her body collapsing as Adam caught her. He looked down at her as tears fell from his eyes and onto her face. He laid her down as he punched the ground.

“Sally… Sally... “ He grew more furious. “Daniel… Daniel…. DANIEL!”

Adam rushed Daniel with anger flowing through his veins as Daniel responded by tripping his brother with the butt of the trident, slamming it next into his gut, blood-spewing on the ground. Daniel then grabbed Adam by the neck as he attempted to come again, this time being slammed hard on the concrete ground.

“You’re too weak, Adam,” Daniel said. Adam grabbed Daniel’s hand with both of his own, trying to make him let go as he began to get light-headed from the lack of oxygen.
Adam’s hands, flailing as his strength faded away and everything he saw faded to black as he hands fell to the ground.

Daniel eyed his brother as he watched him become unconscious. “I have plans for you, little brother, you’re simply deluded and must see the truth. What you don’t know is how the Gods play you to do their bidding. You’re just a pawn in their chess board,” he explained. “Don’t you see, brother, you’re just a speck in their eyes as a tool, nothing more. For far too long the people, the humans, the Mystics, the Titans and the ‘monsters’ have suffered under their heel. Enough is enough.”

For Adam, everything was dark as the voice began to call out once more. This time it was not for its name, but to aid him in battle.

“Adam,” the voice said.

“W-What? What happened?” He asked, his body floating in perpetual darkness.

“Adam, you must use me.” The voice was stern with Adam, adamant it work with him. “Think about your friends, Sally, Jellal, Mako, and Alura.”

“My… friends?” He asked, then it hit him. “My friends… They need me.”

Adam began to have flashbacks of Daniel, but then he had flashbacks of his friends and the truth he learned from Zeus. Images of Jellal who was now dead, Sally, who he assumed was dead, Mako and Alura who were in danger. He clenched his fist as anger swelled up inside of him.

Adam stood up like a fury of power erupted from him, a vastly powerful force of wind blew outward, his friends seeing this were in shock at the power as Daniel looked back. The ground beneath Adam shattered and a crater formed in its place as he screamed.

“Aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!”His eyes were pure white, glowing intensely. Adam witnessed a flood of flashbacks from his time with Sally, Mako, Alur, and Jellal, his time at the church and the undeniable truth told by Zeus.

Alura held Mako’s unconscious body as she stared at the scene, her hand up to block incoming debris. “This… This power, it’s unreal.”

Mako opened his eyes to hear the screaming, “A ...A-Adam?”

The very weight of Adam’s flourishing power felt like an actual ton upon Daniel, the ground shaking heavily and cracking as if the very gravity of the earth increased.

As Adam’s power grew astronomically, Daniel saw this as an opening as he aimed his palm towards his brother and fired a volley of attacks which exploded at the center where Adam stood. As the smoke faded, however, his very power prevented it from hitting, even protecting Sally as Adam stood there staring at Daniel with a tear running down his eye, shining from light and bloodstain from before shown from his lip to his chin, his body bruised and scratched all over. The normal white and yellow flame that engulfed him prior was not steady, however, this was like a simply controlled glow of pure white energy. He placed his hand on Sally as he attempted to heal her wounds, a warm light radiating on her body as he stood up and looked at his brother.

Adam began to walk forward slowly, his shirt tattered and ripped, his muscles were shown to be well developed and his body fat ratio in the single digits. As walked, Daniel’s face jerked at the failure as he summoned the trident and charged again, Sally’s blood still on the tips.

As the trident neared at lightning speed, threatening Adam’s life, Adam caught the trident by the center tip with relative ease, Daniel stopped in his tracks. He was shocked, how could he stop it, but then he noticed it, Adam was holding the trident. “H-How?!” He tried to yank it back but Adam was too strong as he suddenly felt his hands bleeding, feeling warm as he looked down to see spikes sticking out. “What?!” He looked up to see Adam just in time to be punched in the face, sending him flying through several buildings.

“Seriously,” Daniel said from within a building, echoing as Adam heard him speak, “what the hell?” Adam stood there as Daniel’s power elevated, the building he was in shattered and collapsed to the ground as he walked out. “I don’t know what the hell you did, but I won’t let that happen again.”
Adam spun the trident around on his fingers as he then grabbed it, clenching it as it shattered into water. His eyes were serious and focused on his brother. His energy spiking as he continued to walk towards Daniel.

Daniel fired a volley of beams at his brother as Adam smacked them away with his hands as if they were dodgeballs. He used his speed, vanishing so fast he appeared in front of Daniel who looked to be in fear. Adam merely stared into his eyes. “I’m bored.”
“Eh… What?” Daniel asked.

“You’re boring me,” Adam said as he smacked Daniel and sent him flying through a building. He powered down as he sighed and began to walk away when Daniel appeared flying at him. He had a ball of light in hand as he tried to kill Adam point-blank. As the beam engulfed Adam and exploded, Daniel, smirked.

“Boring you, huh? Let’s see you walk that off,” he said as the smoke cleared and showed Adam powered back up as he charged Daniel with a kidney punch, blood spewing from Daniel’s mouth as Adam focused his aim with his hand to his brother. “No more death, Daniel…”

“You… You think you’ve won?” Daniel flashed away as if Adam allowed him to, appearing by the coast as he summoned the water from the ocean, it swirled around him and grew, arms forming and ahead as a titanic body appeared made of water that stood 40 feet high. “I’ll end you and your little friends!” Daniel shouted as he cocked his arms back before rocketing them forward, Adam held his hand up as a barrier of light blocked the oncoming attack, however, he felt himself being pushed back as the water’s strength increased.

As Daniel’s water giant fired its arms towards Adam, Adam speed rushed away, fading in and out from his view, dodging the attacks as he continued to move closer, inch by inch. Daniel was having none of this as he swiped his right hand, leveling four buildings, collapsing on top of Adam.
The Navy nearby saw the attacks from Daniel as the Admiral, John McDonald, onboard looked through binoculars to see the monstrous being.

“Sir, we have confirmation to fire,” a sailor said with a phone in hand and his other hand covering the mouthpiece of the phone.

“Fire at will,” Admiral McDonald commanded. The Missile Cruisers began firing as the waters parted slightly from the blast. Daniel turned around upon being fired upon, the water opening from every blast as it reformed just as fast.

“You dare attack a God?” Daniel asked. “Suffer for your insolent attacks!” The ocean water became rough as the ships very aim were disrupted by the bobbing of the ships.

Adam pushed the rubble off of him as he dusted himself off, his shirt completely torn, so he ripped it off. He watched as Daniel toyed with the U.S. Navy and knew that before long, they too would die.
He looked over his shoulder to see Mako and Alura in the distance watching and trying to protect Sally. He turned back towards Daniel and knew he had to end this now. He bent his knees as he glowed, rubble rising up. He closed his eyes and pushed off the ground, flying.

“Hey, Daniel!” He shouted. The Navy had distracted him long enough for him to attack. Daniel turned his monstrous head, but it was too late, Adam shot through the chest and out the back with Daniel himself. They went flying into a nearby ship where Adam proceeded to punch him in the face before using the sword to stab Daniel, once and for all, ending the fight.

Daniel’s eyes closed as he breathed once more. He muttered something to Adam first. “You will lose everything… in time, you’ll see that they will betray you as well.” With that, his head turned slightly as the breathing finally stopped.