Status: In Progress

Mystic: The Tablets of Gilgamesh

Reunion

It was hot outside and Mako hated it. He decided to stay inside today while his brother did the yard work with his parents. Call him lazy, but he simply didn’t want to, he was also feeling a little depressed. Suddenly he got a text, it was from an old friend, Jellal. He read the text in his head.

“The world is currently at risk, I need your help once more, my friends.”

The texted had a document attached. Mako hadn’t heard from him in a year but is if Jellal was requesting aid, it must be serious. Was it Ramsour again? He clicked the document to open it. As it downloaded, Mako heard his brother come in. Both of them had been Mystics, their parents even new, but they never talked about it. Their family was very superstitious and thought it was a blessing from the Gods for his brother, Tomoshi, but a curse from him, only because Mako used fire and was deemed a Keeper. The two were twins and delivered to their parent's house years ago as infants with a note that warned them of these “monsters.”

For his brother, a Virgo Seeker was a skilled practitioner. He knew how to fly, he could control the wind very well, but he only remained in Japan. He never left the country, not feeling like helping, he kept to himself, which was odd for his personality. He did not help when Mako fought against Ramsour and his brutish soldiers.

“Good morning Mako!” he gleeful said as he found Mako on his bed laying on his back and head hanging off the bed. He was reading a text. “Oy, I said good morning, baby brother.”

“Shut it, you’re my twin, and even if we knew the age difference, it’s not by much,” Mako retorted.

“Well, at least I’m helping mom and dad, you’re in here being laz…,” he tried to say.

“I’m not being lazy. I helped save the world, I think I earned my rest, ‘brother’.” Mako twisted around and sat up as the document finished opening. It was a map with instructions.

“Something or someone is trying to gather a set of magical tablet fragments, I need you three to help me gather them before they do: Alura, Mako, Sally. I need you to head to the locations listed: Central Europe (Prague), Africa (Northern), South America (Argentina), and Australia (Bendigo). You’ll have the document updated based on where they are. My pupil, Adam Phisher, is in Asia (Siberia), the other two of the seven (North America and Antarctica) have already been taken, from my reports.”

Well, at least he could finally go to Europe. Mako stood up and looked to his brother, “I need your help, brother.”

“Nope, not my thing,” he replied sharply. Mako sighed as his phone rang, “You got things to do, see you, brother!”

Mako answered, “Hello?”

On the other side was a voice, a friendly voice: Jellal. “Mako…”

Jellal informed him about the tablets as well as the fact Alura had already been sent to Germany, with Sally on route to Adam’s location for backup. He needed to meet up with Akura is Germany to collect the other pieces. “Understood,” Mako said. He looked to his brother outside with his parents, but before long he was gone. His brother had come in to grab his phone to find Mako long gone.

================

As Mako arrived in Berlin he was greeted to a warm huge from Alura Dawnbreaker, a girl in her early twenties, long flowing black hair and red eyes. She was 5’5” and wore a pink blouse with a matching skirt and thigh-high stockings. Alura was like Jellal, a Libra Keeper.

“MAKO!” she bellowed as she embarrassed him, “It’s been forever.” She pulled out and looked him in the eyes. “How are you doing?”

“Uh, I’m good. School is still a pain in the butt, but I’m managing,” he said with a blush. He looked her up and down, “you look really pretty.”

“Thank you,” she said with a smile and red cheeks. “Come, we have work to do.”

She began to talk about the location of the fragment, located somewhere within a museum. He should be an easy snag, they just had to steal it, of course. What could possibly go wrong?

“What if the police come after us?” Mako asked not wanting a criminal record.

“We’ll be fine, I have an idea,” she told him. An idea? What could she possibly have to plan out? “Here’s the plan, she said holding a map out of the museum. “You’ll go over there and ask a question and I’ll act like I’m robbing the place. After that, you’ll use your fire as a Leo to cut through the…”

“Alura,” he started, “this seems way too complex just to steal a piece of stone.”

“Did you not read the document?” Alura asked. Mako shoots his head, he didn’t hear everything Jellal told him, he just wanted out of the house. She sighed and placed her hands on her hips. “These tablets possess immense power, just one alone can amplify your power. If someone else gets their hands on it,” she began when suddenly an explosion went off in the distance. A forest of crystals shot up, a brilliant shade of purple and pink. “Well, so much for my plan,” she said half laughing.

“Let’s go!” Mako yelled as they ran to the scene.

================

As the two arrived, a pair of two people stood on the museum steps, Both were average height males wearing strange clothes. One was in an archaic Nazi jacket without the swastika, the other in a flannel. Both wore combat boots. The Nazi jacket guy had his sides shaved off and his top hair combed to the side. He was clearly Germanic.

“Wir haben das Stück, Sir,” he said through an earpiece. He waited for confirmation when he spotted Mako and Alura. “Sie sind auch hier, wie Sie sagten.”

In his hand was a small piece of the stone tablet, engraved on it were some words Mako couldn’t make out. The flannel man turned his head and extended his hand out as a sharp purplish-pink crystal fired off towards a young female child. Mako quickly intercepted it, shattering it with his flaming fists. As he did, he eyed the man who merely smiled sinisterly.

“Alura, now!” He shouted as she created a small ball of gravity and fired it towards them, but they vanished with their immense speed. The German-looking man appeared in front of Mako and sent his right foot straight into his gut before punching his here several times.

“You’re weaker than he said,” the man told Mako. “The names Jakob Visscher, and it will be the last name you hear,” he said as he balled his fists up and slammed down on Mako, the very force pushing him into the ground, creating a crater.

Mako, on the ground, pulled himself up as he gritted his teeth, the man's left foot on his back as he struggled to out strength and out power the man. “Is that so?” Mako asked as his fists began to become engulfed in red hot flames. The ground below melting as he grabbed the other foot on the ground. The man feeling the burn quickly kicked Mako into a storefront.

“Damn it,” he said as he brushed the glass off, hardly a scratch on him as he eyes the man. Darkness and anger inside him growing.

Alura, however, was battling the one who fired the crystals, a forest of them appearing as citizens ran away. The man before her was known as James, simply. James was a Sagittarius Seeker with green eyes and a rather handsome face.

“Rise, Alma,” he said as a purplish-pink light appeared near him and a figure materialized before her. She knew this power well, he was a Seeker and Seekers, unlike Keepers, could not use their star sign to transform as a powerful, so they summoned their star partner instead. This is partially what made Seekers and Keepers so different.

As the light of energy faded, a female appeared with a spider bottom, standing on eight legs. Her skin was pale and crystals sprouted out of her from multiple areas. “You summoned me, my Lord?”

“Yes, we have company, take care of her while I return this,” he said holding out the tablet. The female-spider-hybrid nodded and turned towards Alura.

“As if I’d let you run away!” She shouted as a black orb appeared between her hands, tiny pebbles from the ground started to rise up towards it as she fired, “take this!” The orb fired but was intercepted by the spider-woman, who smacked it away into a building, the gravity ball exploding outward as the ruble fell to the ground.

Mako saw this, but he had no idea how to react as the man before him was threatening by himself. He placed his hands together as a horizontal pillar of fire spewed out and towards Jakob. Jakob saw this and quickly slammed his fist into the ground as a large chunk of the earth in front of him rose up taking the impact. Jakob then bum-rushed Mako with incredible speed, spending Mako flying into the side of a Mercedes-Benz.

“Ouch…,” Mako muttered. He looked up to see Jakob walking towards him in a very menacing style. Mako stood up and rushed the man, Jakob throwing a fist towards him, but this time Mako spun around, using his right arm to deflect while he back-handed the man. He then spun the other way, giving a sliding kick and then twisting as Jakob lost his footing, sending a foot towards his head. A loud blast from the impact took place.

================

Adam was panting, he had been fighting for what felt like an hour when in reality it had only been several minutes. He pondered if there was a fast way to end this fight, but to no avail, he could not come up with anything. That’s when it happened, a flying objected could be seen in the distance. Great, more foes. However, this was no foe, it was an ally: Sally McGuinness.

Sally, a 21-year-old Gemini Seeker, rode up top her summon: a two-headed dragon the size of half an American football field. Crystal and Alfred looked to the sky from the battle between Adam and Joaquin. Joaquin looked up to see the flying dragon when suddenly Sally’s dragon, also called Gemini, fired a beam of electric power, flying like a bullet towards Joaquin. The beam covered with electricity. As the beam collided with the ground, Joaquin attempted to run but was vaporized by the blast.

Crystal saw this and quickly began to gather her thoughts. It was not two against two rather than three against one, the odds of survival were not looking good. She turned towards Alfred and demanded he handles them as she began searching for the stone. Alfred nodded as he walked forward, his shirt being ripped off as his muscles grew larger. He slammed his fists together as his eyes glowed red. He began to transform into a humanoid beast. Horns sprouted from his head as a nose-ring appeared attached to his nose. Only his pants remained as he grew short brown fur. With that, he got into a sprinters pose, his hands on the ground as if ready to sprint. Suddenly, he sprinted off at lightning speed, slamming Adam into several trees.

Sally saw this and quickly told Gemini to fire, but before she could, Alfred was in the air by her and slammed his fist into Gemini’s left head, knocking him towards the ground, Sally hanging on for dear life. Adam stood up, blood running down his lip on the left side as he glowed and began to brighten more and more before vanishing, teleporting to Sally’s location, grabbing her as they fell to the ground, Sally landing on Adam as he landed on his back, Gemini slamming into the forest of trees.

“Ah,” Sally said trying to get up, rolling over and coughing. “I-I’m sorry. He…” Adam stopped her.

“It’s fine. I guess we’ll introduce ourselves after this,” he said standing up, Sally noticing he was showing signs of fatigue.

“You’re a Seeker, right? Can you summon your soul partner?” Sally asked.

Adam didn’t know what to say, with his back to Sally. Truth be told, he did not know how to. Jellal tried to teach him, but being a Keeper, it was not an easy task. Rumor has it that Seekers can telepathically communicate with their soul partner, but Adam never heard a voice, it was as if he never had one, or they didn’t want to work with him. Because of this, he learned to use the light much like a Keeper, augmenting his physical capabilities.

“I can’t do it,” he answered with a frown, feeling hopeless and alone.

“Can’t do it? Every Seeker can do it, just focus your mind,” she told him. This was news to her, a Seeker incapable of communicating with the spirit of their Zodiac.

================

“Are you two done talking?” asked Alfred. He was marching towards them as he flexed his muscles, “you now face Alfred, and by his blessing, I will end your life!” With that, Alfred charged them once more. “A Seeker who’s incompetence at summoning is weak and has no place to be on this earth!”

This angered Adam as he clenched his right hand, his arm glowing as he took a martial arts stance, his left hand cupped over his right, elbow pointing towards his foe. The two eyed each other as Alfred cocked his arm back and threw a punch, Adam did the same as the two’s fists collided, the raw power shattering the ground below them, Sally flying back as an explosion of dirt took over the area. As the dirt cleared, Adam was standing with his fist connected to Alfred, his feet slowly digging into the ground as he was slowly, yet surely, pushed back from the man's raw strength.

“Is this all you have?” Alfred laughed as Adam struggled to out power the man, but found that it was a useless attempt. The two collided again as they grabbed one another's hands, interlocking as the ground continued to crack.

“Why are you seeking the stone tablet?!” Adam yelled, his eyes locked onto his target.

“Because, Lord Daniel demands them, and his vision of the world shall come true, if you were smart you’d kneel to his might,” Alfred told him.

How did they know who he was? Why did they want the fragments? Who was Daniel? All valid questions circling the inside of Adam’s head as he continued to push back. Then Alfred knees Adam in the gut and followed up with a left fist to the face, followed by the right fist. He then jumped and spun around, sending a foot flying into Adam, sending him back to the ground.

“Adam!” Sally yelled. So she knew his name, Adam assumed Jellal must have told her.

As he lay on the ground, he heard Alfred chuckling. He wished she could just fire another blast of lightning. As if on queue, the dragon appeared and tried to bight Alfred, attempting to swallow him whole, but Alfred stopped the attack with his hands, his left hand on the top of the mouth and right hand on the bottom.

“You think that will stop me?” He asked as he laughed some more, then, as if it was planned, he saw a bright light within Gemini’s mouth. The blast powered through him as he was sent back.
Adam stood up and dusted himself off as he held his right arm, feeling the pain in his arm and face. He held his hand out as a sword appeared. Aries’ were battle spawners, they could conjure weapons of almost any kind, but also were skilled fighters. He took a stance as he waited for confirmation Alfred was dead.

================

Mako eyed Jakob as the man charged him again, this time Mako charged his own fists up with fire and charged back. He dashed forward as Jakob’s fist came towards him pivoted, he pivoted on his feet and around, sending his fist rocketing as he punched Jakob’s gut.

“Heh, is that it?” Jakob inquired. Mako smirked, oh, no, this, was not it. Just then, his hand glowed red, growing brighter as a large fury explosion took place, Jakob left with a now scorched stomach. Jakob stood up from a kneeling and smiled, “well, I didn’t that.”

Mako smirked, “yea? You’ll learn there’s a lot about me you don’t know.”

Jakob charged again, “your kind sickens me, you should be destroyed!”

The two clashed once more as they made a flurry of attacks, punching, kicking and throwing one another around. They were moving fast, faster than your normal human. Onlookers watched and recorded on their phones as the fight took place. One journalist captured the event.

“You’re here with Freddrick Brandenburg, we have heroes fighting in the street as we speak,” he said as he carried around equipment and a camera, capturing the photos. “Don’t forget to like, subscribe and follow me on social media!”

Alura was getting tired of fighting the spider-lady and decided to end it, she began to form a ball of gravity and fire it again, this time she lowered the gravity of the area by placing her hands out, the spider-lady began to float in the air, then Alura raised her hands and she was slammed into the ground as the ball hit her, sending the spider-lady flying into a car.

“Mako!” Alura shouted as she ran over to him, the two fighting, with flames arbitrarily appearing from the combat. She attempted to lower gravity but realized it would affect Mako, too. She aimed her hand as a beam of darkness, shadow energy, fired towards Jakob. He turned around in time to block it as he was pushed back slightly into the ground, his arms crossed in front of him to block the oncoming attack. Mako jumped behind him and slammed his hands onto his ears, causing a loud ring, disorienting him as he was hit with a wave of fire.

Jakob collapsed to the ground, head steaming and eyes rolled back. Mako checked for a pulse, finding one he stood up and thanked Alura.

“Thanks,” he told her. He looked around for the other person, “where’s the tablet?”

“He got away,” she replied. Mako cursed, Jellal is going to be angry.”