Status: In Progress

Mystic: The Tablets of Gilgamesh

Going to Bendigo!

Chapter Seven
Going to Bendigo!


As the three friends flew over the ocean, Australia could be seen in the distance. They had been talking amongst what another, catching up on old times and what they have all been up to since they last met. Mako pointed to the distance and shouted “LAND HO!”

“Shut up, Mako!” Alura shouted, Sally laughed at the two.

“Where is it supposed to be?” Mako inquired.

“Some house called the Specimen Cottage, there are a number of archaic things there, so we should start looking there,” Alura responded.

They flew over Melburn as Mako counted the number of planes in the air, in about 30 minutes, they could see the location, with Alura guiding them with her GPS.

They landed on the ground, people in aw and cars stopping as a two-headed dragon landed, three walking to the door of the Specimen Cottage. Sally knocked as the door opened slightly. Her summon vanished as they pushed the door open to find the place ransacked.

They looked around to find artifacts scattered throughout the place and burn marks on the walls in the shape of lines. “What happened here?” Mako asked as they inspected the place.
“Shit, we’re too late!” Alura cursed.

“Wait, I found something,” Sally spoke up as she knelt down and touched the small pool of blood. She sniffed it and confirmed it was actually blood. “Gemini could track this down,” she confirmed.

“Let’s go!” Mako said as they ran out as Sally placed her hand out as a large white beam shot from the sky as her eyes glowed yellowish-white.”Gemini, I summon you!” Soon a leviathan of a two-headed dragon with green scales appeared. She walked up to him and placed her fingers by his nostrils. “Come on boy, find the source.” Gemini sniffed her fingers, his sense of smell is one thousand times stronger than humans. He roared with both heads as they boarded him and he flapped his wings, making a large and powerful gust of air blow on the citizens.

“We’re going to be all over the news…” Mako said.

“Shut up, we have work to do,” Alura told him with a smile and a determined look.

They flew hastily to the location until they arrived at a place called Wolf Creek National Park and to the crater, Wolf Creek Crater. Flying overhead, they spotted a single person tied up to a post as they dove down and landed, Gemini feeling uneasy.

Sally, Mako, Alura ran up to find a badly beaten old man name, Jeffery. He looked to be in his 60’s, white hair and tan skin. Sally began to bless the man to heal his wounds as best she could as he spoke up.

“I-It’s a trap…,” he tried to say.

“Well, well, well. Look what the dragon dragged in,” a voice said, echoing in the crater as a bolt of lightning crashed down on the surface and a Japanese male appeared: His name was Denshi, which was Japanese for electron. Sally recognized him, he had attacked her and the U.S. Naval ships back when Ramsaur was trying to take over, but she thought Jellal killed him.

Despite her beliefs, Denshi stood before them, his body badly scarring and deformed, hate-filled his eyes as he smiled. “You looking for this?” He asked holding up the pice they needed, it was the second to last piece, not counting Adam’s piece. Neither of the three had sensed his presence. A power Mystics had was the ability to sense other Mystics via their magic power.

“Give it to us!” Mako shouted. Denshi laughed at his request.

“Or what? You’re no match for me, kid. You’re messing with the Yakuza when you mess with me,” Denshi threatened.

Mako ignored his statement and charged his fist up and beelined towards him, but Denishi, in one swift move, punched him in the gut, the flames going away and his eyes rolling in the back of his head. Denshi grabbed him by the throat and cocked his flat hand back as lightning covered it. “Such easy picking…” He then looked at Sally and smiled, “I’ll come for you next.” He then thrust his hand to Mako’s chest, but Alura stopped him with her powers by forcing him to the ground with gravity, releasing Mako as Gemini swooped in and bit his shirt, pulling him away.

Alura stood with her legs shoulder-width apart as dark purple orbs covered her hands and Sally doing the same with lightning. Gemini used his other head to fire a bolt of lightning down onto of the Japanese Yakuza member, only to eventually find him standing up, despite Alura’s magic and Gemini’s pillar of lightning. He began to transform as his skin became hard, his body becoming skinny and taller. He opened his mouth as a beam of yellow and black fired at the two.

Alura blocked it, but with a struggle, by using gravity to create a shield. His power was too strong as she felt herself being pushed back. Sally created a lightning bolt from the sky that crashed down on Denshi, who dodged it by leaping into the air. He skidded across the rough ground as he then vanished, running at very high speeds, the sound barrier shattering.

He zig-zagged towards them as he threw a punch, but Sally, now covered in electricity, blocked it and sent an uppercut with the palm of her hand to his jaw, knocking him up into the air slightly. Denshi smiled as he flipped forward, using his hand to push her arms down and sent a kick towards her head.

Alura pushed him away with a gravitational force, sending him flying. The three panted as Denshi wiped the blood from his demonic lip. He chuckled at the move, “pretty good, you’ve gotten stronger, girl.”

“I’m not the same Seeker you fought in the Carrabine, monster,” Sally retorted, her face twisted with anger.

Sally had a flashback to the fight before Jellal had arrived. It was a warm, sunny day in the Carrabine when the United States Navy was fending off against the new threat of Mystics from Ramsaur’s group. They had gathered information and tracked them down to a small island where Sally was flying, trying to avoid being seen as the government had no idea who she was or what side she was on. Despite this, Denshi was moving at such speeds, no attack could hit him and he essentially was running on the surface of the water, dodging blasts and bullets until he punched the front of the battleship before him, it exploded and she watched in horror as it began to sink, naval personal jumping off with her trying to save them.

Denshi had almost killed her himself when Jellal appeared and struck him, supposedly killing him and sending his body into the deep ocean. It was a very hard battle for her, but since then she has trained to be a better fighter and to control her powers at a more efficient rate.

Denshi looked at them as he held a piece of the tablet in his hand. He shoved it in his chest as it began to fuse with his skin. He bent his knees and rushed the two. He threw a punch at Alura who used gravity to once again block, be he pushed it out of the way, forced himself into her zone of contact, and uppercut her jaw, her feet lifting off the ground as he then sent a barrage of punches at her gut, faster than a bullet, her eyes open wide from the sheer pain.

“ALURA!” Sally shouted as Denshi quickly moved his hands together as a black ball of lightning appeared in hand. He smiled as it fired, threatening to vaporize her from existence. The beam fired out with immense power that fired into the sky, a long and powerful beam that destroyed everything in its way.

Sally fell to her knees as tears began to form. She was about to cry when the beam faded away and all that was left was dust and a long, massive scar on the surface of the earth. That was when Denshi composed himself with a grin but was caught off guard by a sudden immense power level that he felt. He turned to see Mako with Alura’s unconscious body in his hands by his side as he sat her down by the man and untied him.

“I’ll handle this,” he said as he stood up and turned to face Denshi. His hair blowing in the wind as his eyes turned red and focused intensely on the threat at hand. He was tired of losing, tired of being weak, He had trained a little to learn some means of fighting hand-to-hand, and now it was time to display that training.

Denshi charged after Mako with a kick, but was dodged by Mako easily, he then aimed his hand at the man as a ball of black energy formed before firing as a beam at Denshi, matching his own speed. Denshi stopped it by placing his hands on the beam and using his left hand to smack it away into the air, where it flew until it faded. Then a large explosion occurred where it was at.

“You’re stronger than you were before,” Denshi commented as he stood up straight and faced Mako.
“I’m actually trying now,” he responded. “Before I was testing you. You’re already going all out, you’re transformed with your Zodiac powers.”

“You think me a fool?!” Denshi shouted.

“Yea,” Mako replied.

“How about I just blow up this planet?!” Mako knew he likely wasn’t bluffing, but why would he do that when he can’t breathe in space?

“Really?” Mako asked inquisitively.

“No, I obviously can’t survive in space!” Denshi said.

“But you said…,” Mako began.

“I lied!” Denshi said as he charged Mako.

“Makooooooo CHOP!” Mako shouted as he slammed Denshi to the ground.

His face in the dirt, he spoke with a muffled voice. “Whhhhhhyyyyy!?”

“How sad,” Mako replied as he aimed his hand at Denshi.

Denshi raised his head up from the dirt and muttered to himself. “You think this is over?”
“I think it’s funny,” Mako responded with a smirk.

“You think this is funny? I bet it’s not as funny…” he said as he charged a shadow beam in his hand, “as your face!” He turned around instantaneously and fired point-blank.

The blast destroyed the entire area within a mile radius as Sally hopped on Gemini with Alura and the man, flying away into the air.

“Ha-ha,” Denshi laughed as he stood up and dusted himself off. He was sure that killed Mako. However, the dust settled and Mako was revealed to be standing there unscathed.
“You call that an attack?” Mako asked. “Come, ugly, let’s do this.” He got into a fighting stance as Denshi sighed.

“So we’re doing that, huh?” He smiled, “OK, fishbait,” Denshi commented getting into a stance himself. He smiled as he began to fire black beams rapidly at Mako who walked forward, smacking them out of the way, the ones that hit exploded, but did nothing. Mako activated his Keepers aura as a shadowing aura covered his body, Denshi quickly did the same as he opened his mouth and fired, using his hands to fire rapid beam bullets at Mako, an explosion occurring as a result.

Mako appeared from the rubble and smoke, mid-air, and smacked Denshi with his flat right hand. This sent Denshi tumbling across the ground and skidding across the dirt as he stopped himself from moving. As he did, Mako appeared before him, but this time Denshi was prepared. However as he was about to counter Mako’s oncoming attack, lighting struck him from behind.

“Ah,” he yelled. “Do you mind?!” But as he said that, Mako punched him in the gut, forcing his transformation to shatter and fade away, turning back into his human form. Mako placed his hand on Denshi’s chest and ripped the stone fragment out followed by a roundhouse kicked Denshi to the ground. He aimed his hands at Denshi, only to see him smile and disappear into the shadow realm.

“I’ll be back,” he said as he faded away like he was never there, to begin with. Mako lowered his arm and looked to the sky, nodding his head as a means of thanking Sally for her help. She smiled back at him as he held the tablet in hand.

The three took the man to the hospital and flew off, with the tablet piece, they had successfully completed their job. But as they did, they got reports that Adam suffered immense damage and made their way to Egypt to help him.