Our Own Kind

One day, we will all see...

We didn’t believe her. None of us did. In all the days our clan has existed, every single word she spoke of it meant nothing. It was all but naught. The tales we were told as younglings… all of it was just for our own sake.

The council denied every single word. Said it was babble… that it was her own curiosity speaking.

And what were we supposed to do? We were sheep following the wolves of our clan. There’s no honor in this…

The so-called “pietate” they’d always speak of… it was true; down to the very last word. We followed the wolves to the promissa, but instead, we have got nothing but chaos.

The bestias we so feared —we so revered for so long since the birth of our days would not stop. They couldn’t stop.

For all the ones that passed onto the afterlife, for all the ones that saw each of the Creator’s makings, I curse it all. It could’ve been stopped… all of it.

And she could’ve been the one to do it. For those days that we had went through hell and back, the very days that we had almost been wiped numerous times… all of it was in vain.

And what was I supposed to do? I did all that I could. They didn’t listen, and now they will pay the price.

But I’m no better, am I? For I didn’t believe her either. She tried her best… but it was all for naught. In the end, she was the strongest among the wolves. And I? A sheep.

What side am I truly on? Do I fight for my own kind? Do I even care to help? I’ve lost myself too far into regret… but this I know, is my punishment.

If you are reading this, do not concern yourself. Only divinity knows, it is already too late. I write to see my own place… nothing more. I curse us all to regret what we’ve done. For now, I set off to find her.

May the divine bless all of our paths forward, for we have rejected the hand of our future. I fear that our kind will never see the light of day. But in the end, I suppose we were all meant to cower in the shadows. This was our kind’s destiny.