Burn Us Down

83: Only If You’ll Let Me Do The Same

Olivia’s ears were ringing as Gerard gently ended their kiss, pulling back to look at her with a soft smile. It’d been a blur. She and Gerard had said all of the words, the two of them sported wedding bands on their fingers, but still it felt a little surreal, something Olivia could see reflected in Gerard’s expression as he stared at her, basking in the applause which filled the air around the two of them. Blinking a couple of times, she felt the warm trickle of a tear slide down her cheek, something Gerard’s thumb was quick to catch and brush away before he leant down, placing a gentle kiss against her cheek. “You OK?” he whispered softly.

Olivia nodded, smiling tearfully as she tried to subtly wipe her eyes. “Overwhelmed” she replied.

Gerard touched a kiss to her forehead. “In a good way?” he asked.

Olivia’s response was a soft, snuffly laugh. “The best way” she confirmed.

Gerard pressed his lips to hers briefly before he took a hold of her hand, gently raising it above her head as she turned towards the crowd. Beaming, the two of them took another moment to bask in the applause before they slowly stepped forwards. They were reluctant to be separated. The walk down the aisle was slow, and full of excited hugs that couldn’t wait any longer, but through it all, their hands stayed in one another’s. When they eventually reached the foot of the aisle, they stopped for one last kiss before they disappeared inside, their ears still inundated with the sound of applause.

~#~
“You know, I really didn’t picture you as the type of bride who’d need a second dress”

Olivia, who was pulling the zip up on her dress, rolled her eyes as she felt Gerard’s hand nudge hers out of the way, allowing him to gently pull the zip up before he dipped forwards, touching a feather light kiss to the back of her neck. They had a little while to themselves. Their pictures had been taken, and with a few things needing to be set up ahead of their reception, they’d been ushered up towards their shared room, something Olivia had been more than grateful for. She was thrilled by how it had all gone. The day had been without issue and the appearance of her sister had only served to make it better for her, but she had needed a few minutes, wanting time to get her head around the idea that she and Gerard had finally gotten married.

Tilting her head to one side, she smiled gently. “My dress was lovely” she replied softly “But it was a lot. I thought I’d need something a little lighter for the party. You don’t like it?” she asked.

Gerard, who’d been placing a kiss against her jaw, smiled against her skin. “I didn’t say that” he murmured “I was just surprised. I thought you’d have enough trouble choosing one dress, let alone two” he added.

Olivia just shook her head, letting out a little laugh.

Gerard pressed another soft kiss against her jaw before he gently took a hold of her hand, turning her so that she looked at him. Lifting a hand, he gently smoothed her hair back from her face before he shook his head, letting out a soft, sheepish laugh. “I’m sorry” he said gently “I know I’ve been a little much since…since we got married. I just…I don’t know, I guess I can’t quite believe that we made it” he added.

Olivia weaved out of his grasp, stepping towards the makeup bag which sat beside the mirror. “You’ve not changed your mind, have you?” she asked, flashing him a smile as she reapplied her lip gloss.

Gerard laughed. “It’s a little late for that, isn’t it?” he played along.

Olivia laughed, but didn’t say anything right away. Instead, she allowed a few moment of quiet to pass before she nodded her head. “I know what you mean” she said “There were a few moments along the way where…where I really doubted that we’d find ourselves here. I always wanted to, though. Even when things were at their worst. I’ve loved you for a very long time, and I plan to do it for a lot longer, if you’ll let me” she added, the smile on her lips soft and hopeful.

Gerard fiddled with his tie, trying, and failing, to hide how bright the grin on his face was. “Only if you’ll let me do the same for you, Mrs Piqué” he replied.

Olivia spluttered out a soft laugh. It was the first time she’d heard that said aloud. “That sounds so weird” she babbled, wrinkling her nose a little.

“I don’t know” Gerard replied “I mean, I kind of love it” he added.

“You would do” Olivia chirped, rolling her eyes playfully.

Gerard just smiled at her, allowing a moment of easy silence to pass between the two of them before a knock sounded at the door. Shaking his head, he allowed his stare to wander up and down Olivia’s body for a moment before he met her eyes, his smile widening again. “I think I actually like this dress better” he chirped.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Answer the door, Gerard” she huffed playfully as she fixed her hair.

Gerard offered her a playful salute before he strode across the room, pulling the suite’s door open to Paige who stood on the other side. “Good, you’re still dressed” she announced.

“Hello to you too, Paige” Gerard replied impishly.

“Are you two ready to go?” Paige pressed “You’re already late” she added.

“We’re waiting for Olivia” Gerard replied.

“Not anymore” Olivia announced as she stepped up beside him “I’m ready to get going” she added.

Paige looked between the two of them before she nodded and turned on her heel, marching down the corridor. Olivia and Gerard shared a look before they followed after her, their hands almost instinctively wrapping around one another’s. Swinging their hands between them, they made the elevator trip in a comfortable silence, something which made Paige smile to herself before she stepped out. Her smile, however, fell, when the elevator reached the bottom floor and opened, allowing the sound of shouting to fill the air. Gerard was the first through the door. He gently slipped his hand out of Olivia’s before he nudged past Paige, making his way towards the sound. Rounding a corner, he caught sight of Enzo and Melissa before his gaze finally landed on Nicolas who was stood behind his girlfriend, an amused smirk playing at the corner of his lips.