Status: In progress

We push and pull like a magnet do

Prolouge

Tuesday 20th of August 2019
Diary entry 1
I’ve never been in love. You know the “butterflies in my stomach”-kind of love. Sure, I’ve had my fair share of crushes, been on a few dates, but they’ve always ended quickly. In my 22 years on this planet, I have yet to meet someone that makes my palms sweaty and makes my heart race, or someone that takes my breath away. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever approached someone out of personal interest. I have always been the type to wait for someone or something major to happen to me. I’m an introvert, I hardly have any friends, and the friends I do have, I barely spend time with. Truth to be told, I spend most of my time with my little sister, 8 years younger than me. It used to concern me that I spend more time with my family than I do with other people, but nowadays I don’t find myself really caring much. I’ve come to terms with my life and besides, huge crowds and loud environments give me anxiety. So, I’d much rather stay away from it all.

I’m currently living at home, with my sister and my mother, I do not have a degree and I’m currently employed as a temporary teacher in social science and religion at my childhood school. If someone told me 10 years ago that this would be my life, I would’ve laughed. I had big plans before, I wanted to pursue a career in psychology or music and I always imagined myself to be married at 25 and have a kid by 27. Everyone always said how well planned my life was and how to put together I seemed. No one expected me to end up where I am today. You see I come from a very cultural family. I’m Persian, and so my family have always had big expectations from me, ever since I was a child. But now I’m not my uncle's favourite niece anymore and no one really says anything about me. I suppose my attitude towards life doesn’t really help, but neither does their attitude towards me. Now don’t get me wrong, my mum and my sister have always given me their full support, but I guess somewhere down the line, even they expected more.

It wasn’t until this June, a few weeks before school finished and I’d be on holiday from work, that I decided that I needed a break. So my mum suggested that I should travel back home to Iran, to visit my family. And so here I am, and here’s where I’ve been for the past two months. Its been refreshing to spend time with family and I feel a bit better I guess, most of all I feel well-rested, ready for a new year at work. Throughout the time that I’ve been here, my family have tried to find me a husband, but I’ve declined them all. I long to meet someone that will sweep me off my feet. Call me childish but I still believe in romance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey
I've had this on my mind for a long time and I've decided to try it out. I want to see where this will take me and I hope you will bare with me with this, I will try to write as much as I can. I hope you enjoy this as much as I am at the moment! Also, please let me know what you think of this!
Enjoy
xx