Status: In progress

We push and pull like a magnet do

Chapter two

Chapter 2
“Miss Hana, I can’t find the chapter on world war II!” one of my students whined as I was writing their assignments on the board. I sighed and made my way over to her.

“It’s on the page 394, right after world war I, you can see it in the registry of the book.” I said softly and she nodded and got to work. I walked back over to the board, writing questions they had to answer after reading the chapter. After I was done, I sat down on my desk and started grading their papers from the week before. Before I knew it, this class was finished and I let the kids out as I cleaned in the classroom and grabbed my own supplies. I locked the door to the classroom and made my way to the staff room, sitting down in my office and taking a breath.

It had been a few weeks since I met that strange man at the airport. He never texted me, and I never texted him. I figured he was just bored, trying to make conversation, it probably didn’t mean anything else. A part of me was disappointed though, he was different, and I wanted to know who he was, and I really thought he liked me. I shook my head, trying to distract myself, of course he wasn’t interested in me, no one ever was. I sat down, making myself busy with finalising some grades, and I was getting into it until my phone vibrated. I raised an eyebrow, no one messaged me during my working hours except my mum and my sister. I took my phone out and my eyes widened. He texted me. I immediately opened the text message.

Ed: Hana?

I blinked a few times, was that all? I sat there for a few minutes trying to think if I should answer or not, and before I could think any further, my phone vibrated again. I took a deep breath and opened the text message.

Ed: I’m so sorry. I know I said I would contact you straight away but I had so much work to do when I got back home and on top of that my phone hasn’t been working. I was hoping I could make it up to you?

I couldn’t help but smile as I read the text. He hadn’t forgotten about me. I put my phone away, collecting myself a little before thinking of what I would reply with. I didn’t want to be too open, I needed to find out who this guy was. And more importantly, why has it taken him this long? I’m sure there’s something else rather than the excuse he made.

Me: Hey, It’s been ages haha. Thought you forgot about me…

I bit my lip before pressing send. I didn’t have the time to check my phone though, as I had to get back to work. I grabbed the materials I had for my religion class with year 7 and went downstairs to the classroom. As I walked down the stairs, I felt my phone vibrate again, but I couldn’t answer. I felt oddly excited about his texts and I was so tempted to just grab my phone and see what he’d sent me, but I didn’t. I needed this job and I had to perform well. As I neared the classroom, I unlocked the door and the students followed me in.
“Good afternoon students” I said casually as I walked in and they all mumbled a reply back. As they sat down, I put my papers down and grabbed a marker for the board.

“Today we are moving on and we are going to spend some time learning about Islam.” I said and they all groaned at the sound of more homework and I laughed.

“Now don’t get too upset, I have a feeling that you’re going to enjoy this more than you think” I mused and they all groaned. I laughed lightly and continued with my lesson. Sometimes I loved my job. I spent the rest of the hour, going over the basics with them and giving them a topic to discuss about and prepare presentations for. After the lesson I cleaned up after us, locked the classroom and headed upstairs to grab my things and head home. I had practically forgotten about Ed, until my phone vibrated again. I gulped and took my phone out, checking the messages. The first one was from two hours ago and the second one was sent just now.

Ed: Of course not, how could I possibly forget you. I’m really sorry Hana. All I want is to get to know you a little, can I?

Ed: Hana? I didn’t mean to freak you out, I know this is all very strange, please give me a chance.

I felt guilty about not telling him I was at work, he seemed genuinely upset. So I decided I’d text him again, but I had to find out who he was first, this all seemed too good to be true.

Me: Sorry I’ve been at work, couldn’t reply to your first text. I don’t even know who you are Ed, you’ve seen more of me than I have of you…

I bit my lip before sending the text, hoping that he’d reply soon. I grabbed my things and started walking home. Good thing about my job was that it was only a few minutes walk to my house. Within three minutes I was home and I unlocked the door and walked in. No one was home. I sighed and went into the room me and my sister shared to get changed. Once I had gotten comfy, my phone vibrated again and this time I had a strange feeling in my stomach, I’m not sure what it was but it was definitely some sort of excitement.

Ed: Of course. The reason I haven’t told you is because I don’t want you to freak out. I wanted to keep things as natural as possible between us, but I understand if its weird. My name is Ed. Ed Sheeran, and I am very much intrigued by you Hana…

I gasped as I looked at the text. I kept going over it, reading it again and again. Ed Sheeran. I couldn’t wrap my head around it. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. That must have been the reason why he was covering up so much at the airport, and according to the news he had been gone for about a year now, and so he probably just got back from his break. I just couldn’t believe why he would want to get to know me? I’m hardly that interesting. I decided to text him again, I needed to know more.

Me: Oh wow. It’s not every day your favourite singer just pops into your life haha. Now I am curious Mr Sheeran, what about me is so intriguing?

I pressed send and felt my heart beating really fast. This was all so weird. I had been listening to his music for over ten years, imagining things and even crushing on him at one point, and here he was all of a sudden. Before I knew it my phone vibrated again. I didn’t hesitate before opening the text.

Ed: Aww really? How long have you been listening to my music? Everything about you is intriguing Hana. The way you were writing in that notebook of yours at the airport, there were so many emotions on your face… Not to mention how beautiful you are

I blushed at that. No one had ever called me beautiful except my mum. It was weird hearing it from him, but it also made me feel all warm inside. I wanted to believe him, I wanted to let go of all my worries and just embrace this feeling he gave me. But I couldn’t. I sighed and started typing a text.

Me: Oh I’ve been listening to your music for ages…. way before you got this famous haha. It helped me go through a lot, thank you. I’m not that interesting Ed, and there’s so much emotional luggage in my life, you’re better off without it.

As I sent that I felt my eyes well up a little. It hurt to reject him like this, but I couldn’t put him through my life and my many problems. He deserved someone easy, someone who could make his life good. I didn’t have anything to offer him. I decided to put my phone away, I needed some space, this had all been so overwhelming for me. I left my room and left my phone on my bed, I went into the kitchen to find something to eat. I shook my head at my habits, I would always seek comfort in food. I grabbed some ice cream and was about to head into the living room when I heard my phone ringing. I raised an eyebrow and went into my room, grabbing my phone and answering straight away, thinking its my mum.

“Hello?” I said casually in Swedish, and the person on the other line went quiet. I furrowed my eyebrows, maybe this was some sort of prank call. But suddenly the person cleared its voice and I could tell it was a man. No, it couldn’t be him.

“Hana?” he said, my name rolling off his tongue so easily. I sat there quiet for a while, holding the phone to my ears, my hands shaking. I never liked talking on the phone.

“Hi” I whispered and waited for him to say something.

“I’m sorry I called you out of the blue, but you weren’t answering my texts and I got worried” he said, his thick British accent sending shivers down my spine.

“There was nothing else for me to say, I told you everything I wanted to in that text Ed, I don’t have anything to offer you.” I said softly and I heard him sigh on the other line.

“I wish you would tell me what’s really on your mind, I can tell there is something you’re hiding from me, a secret you haven’t let anyone take part of, whatever it is its dragging you down and it makes me so upset, you deserve to smile” he said and I inhaled deeply, he could read me like a book.

“You can’t fix me, Ed. No one can.” I whispered before hanging up the phone. He called me again but I declined his call, and put my phone away. For the rest of the day he kept texting me, begging me to answer but I just decided to ignore him. He couldn’t help me, no one could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi again,
I'm not sure if anyone is reading this...
But here's chapter two!
I hope you enjoy
xx