Status: first story

Left To Die

Awakening

"I'll be back... I promise..."

"I'll be back..."

"I... promise..."

"SONIC?!"
I wake up, breathing heavily. I'm still in the tube but Sonic's nowhere to be seen. "He said he'd be back," I think as I press my hands against the glass, "Did he lie to me?" My eyes feel dry, which is strange since they've been closed all this time. Maybe I'm just tired. My tails feel rough so I spin them back to life. That's when I realize...

"This place is an absolute mess!" I call out, hoping Sonic would reply in the laid-back way he always would. No answer. I bang on the glass, hoping it would at least crack. It does. I bang again and again, breaking open a hole big enough for me to fly through. I fly around the lab I'm in, looking everywhere for a sign of my blue-colored hedgehog friend. Nothing. I lower to my knees, waiting. "Maybe he'll come back later" I think to myself as I watch the entrance, waiting...

--Days Later--

M-Maybe he'll remember me... h-he'll come for me... s-surely... h-he's the fastest hedgehog alive, surely he'll get here soon...

--Months Later--

He's not here... he probably thinks I'm dead... he's probably mourning... I stand up and head to the portal. And then I trip over something. "W-Wha?" I push myself up and look at what I tripped over: a red hedgehog with... purple horns?
"I know what you're thinking," the hedgehog mutters, causing me to jump a little, "and these aren't just horns... it's 'corruption'... I would be attacking you right now but... I don't have the energy..." Corruption? I should get out of here before I get corrupted too.
"Wait!" the corrupt hedgehog calls out to me, "Before you go... I have something that can help you..." He hands me a bunch of black gems. "These are fake emeralds... they were made here... I can tell you're a vulnerable individual... these will give you power..." He passes out after he finishes his sentence, leaving me confused. What does he mean by 'give me power'? I've seen Sonic use the chaos emeralds so maybe they're like that? I try to activate their power. It's... a lot harder than I thought...

--Later--

W-What's happening? I just started levitating! Maybe I have to do what Sonic does now? I stretch my arms out horizontally like he does when he transforms into his super form and pull them back in towards my body, along with my knees. There's a blinding flash of light that causes me to close my eyes. When I open them again I see that I have in fact changed a lot. My regular bright color scheme is now darker and both my wrists and socks are spiked. I look at one of the tipped over glass containers and see my reflection. My eyes are now pitch black with dark blue glowing rings for irises and my ears are also a lot more furry. I looked... oddly creepy but cool at the same time. Maybe I can find Sonic and show him my new form! I fly over to the portal and I go through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one is done! I hope you enjoyed, I had this in my mind for a few days now and I felt like writing it down. If you'd like me to write chapter 2 then please like this chapter. I found it hard to come up with this backstory and had to do a couple role plays to get it set in stone. Bye!