Status: issa smut (kinda)

The Bet

eight

Kenny was ecstatic. A deal that started almost simultaneously with the inception of AEW has finally come to fruition.

Phil 'CM Punk' Brooks was signed to All Elite Wrestling.

He hadn't seen Tony, Cody, Nick, and Matt so excited about something in a long time. They were able to sign Phil in his hometown of Chicago, no less.

Yet, through the champagne, expensive dinner, and celebratory outing; all he could think about was Taylour.

About how excited he was to share the news with her.
About how happy he was to see her.
About how good he was going to fuck her.

So when Kenny walked into their hotel suite, half drunk and horny, he was stunned to find nothing but his belongings and a letter on the center of their bed.

Kenny sank into the bed and quickly unraveled the letter written on hotel paper. The aroma of fresh ink wafted through the air.

Dear Kenny…

She told him everything.
That their time in Florida together was precious.
That she loved him.
That she went on a date with Maxwell and liked the way he made her feel.
And that made her confused.
So she decided to go home.

A wave of emotions came over Kenny as he read the letter.

She had never admitted that she loved him, even though they were both very much aware. Kenny was hurt.
He didn't even want to know if she felt the same way about Maxwell.
But, he was also angry.
Taylour left him without saying goodbye. She just fucking left

A week passed by.
Then a month.
Then two.

When Kenny attempted to get any information from Brandi, he could see the look in her eyes.

"Just let her be."

The guys had their hands full with the upcoming Pay-Per-View, expecting their biggest audience to date.
Business was booming. Having Phil on the roster gave them the pop they needed. The whole roster felt electric, hungry to give their best every week.

All the while, Kenny was drowning in his feelings.

He had tried everything to get ahold of her. He called, texted, and e-mailed her. He even tried talking to her friends and family on the roster to see if they had heard from her.

All nothing.

Kenny was angry towards Taylour, but it didn't keep him from wondering if she was doing okay.

And if she was thinking about him, too.
✦ ✦ ✦
On the way to the airport after leaving Kenny, Taylour called her sister and told her everything.
Brandi was furious. And scolded her in the way only older sisters can.
Taylour knew she deserved it, but it still stung.

She then wrote a detailed letter to Ms. Sandra and that it would probably be a while until they see each other again.

And finally, she booked a flight back home where she ignored most people's calls and texts for the next following weeks.

She wasn't used to feeling this way. Kenny was the most amazing man she ever met and she threw it all away.

Guilt consumed her the first few days of being homebound. But as the days wore on, she found herself becoming numb.

Taylour tried to fill up her time with things to do such as throw herself into her creative endeavors or try new workouts.

But it didn't help much. She still felt like shit.

A few weeks went by and Taylour went out for brunch with her best friend, Marina. She was the only person besides her sister and Ms. Sandra she had spoken to since she left Kenny that night. The two met when Marina's family moved from Jersey to Michigan when they were in the first grade. Matching braces, college, a joint New York City move, and countless boyfriends later, they've been each other's most consistent relationship outside of the family in each other's lives. It was always easy to talk to each other about anything, and that's exactly what they did.

"So...you were sleeping with someone who is technically your boss for sport and then he takes you home and admits he's in love with you all the while some wealthy Long Island prick is using his henchmen and money to seduce you?"

Marina was never known for being gentle.

"It sounds crazy when you say it like that..."

"Honey, no. Don't feel bad. I just want to make sure you're doing alright. So are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Was the sex good?"

"Marina!"
"What!? I told you everything when I had a hoe summer that one year, remember?"

Taylour laughed. It was nice to have a conversation with someone who wasn't in the wrestling industry.

"The sex was amazing."

"So then why did you leave?"

"Because he said he loves me."

"So you ran straight into that juicehead's arms," Marina deadpanned.

"No, he literally rolled up on me."

"Well, do you like the juicehead?"

"I'm not sure. Before the date it was a no, but…"

"But you like him enough to, ya know..."

"I know," Taylour groaned.

Marina rubbed her best friend's back, consoling her.

"You've got two guys after you. It's kind of sexy," Marina joked.

"Shut up," Taylour laughed.

"Okay, okay. For real though. You've got to make a decision, Taylour. You can't mope around like this forever."

Taylour knew her friend was right.

She had to find a way to move forward.

The pair continued to catch up as they ate brunch and drank Bellinis. With their belly and hearts full, the best friends gave each other a squeezing tight hug before walking their separate ways.

As Taylour was about to cross an intersection, she noticed a modelesque woman around her sister's age with tanned skin and dark brown hair smile and wave to get her attention.

It was a crisp November morning as the woman donned a grey cashmere sweater and black slacks. Taylour stops as the woman walks closer to her.

She extended her hand and Taylour couldn't help but notice the Rolex.

"Hi! I'm Regine Parker from NerdBrain."

Taylour shook her hand.

"It's so nice to meet you. I've been emailing you about our Chief Brand Officer position, I think you would be a great fit."

Taylour smiled. "I'm flattered by the opportunity but I'm already with another company."

"Yes, with All Elite Wrestling," Regine affirmed.

"I know we're an entertainment media company, but we have seen the work you have done alongside your sister behind the scenes. It's been influential beyond the professional wrestling industry. We would love for you to at least talk to us."

Taylour blinked, surprised by the woman's statement.

Regine laughed, realizing the situation.

"I didn't mean to accost you on the street, this was just my luck. How about you take my card and we can schedule to discuss this over dinner? My treat,"
And just like that, the woman grabbed her business card from her designer bag and handed it over to Taylour. She began to walk away, waving goodbye.

Taylour looked down at the card, 'Regine Parker. Chief Marketing Officer. NerdBrain'
She looked up at the sky.

Maybe Ms. Sandra was onto something.
✦ ✦ ✦

Another surprise found Taylour when she walked up to the stoop of her own home.
Maxwell Jacob Friedman was standing at her doorstep with a bouquet of lilies.
His signature.

Despite not being in contact, Max has kept up with the maintenance of the dressing room bouquet. Every week, a fresh bouquet was delivered to her door with a note that smelled of his cologne.

"I'm glad to see you're still alive," Maxwell teased as she approached.

Taylour rolled her eyes but smirked.

"Yeah, I'm alive," she affirmed.

Maxwell looked at her and took her all in. She looked beautiful as ever, but there was a sadness in her eyes. He wasn't sure if it was the New York winter getting to her or the fact she had ignored him for the past two months.

"Are you free tonight? I want to take you somewhere," Max offered.

"Where?"

"My favorite spot in New York."

"I don't know, Max. I'm pretty tired. I just got back from brunch."

"Come on, I promise you'll love it. I'll bring you home immediately afterward. Just a quick stop."

Taylour contemplated.

"You've been dodging my calls and texts for weeks. Two hours of your time, three hours tops if there's traffic."

Taylour bit her lip, taking him in. He was more fit than the last time she saw him. Leaner. More muscular, which she didn't know was possible. He looked as if he just went to the barber earlier in the day. He was dressed in a hunter-green Loden coat with dark jeans and a white button-up.
He must have a kink for ambushing her.

"Okay, just let me freshen up and put these in some water," she said as she reached for her keys and unlocked the front door.

Max followed her inside.

The townhouse was cozy. The living room had a fireplace and a sectional with a large television in the corner. Taylour quickly went upstairs, presumably to her room, as Max looked around. He saw pictures of Taylour, her sister, and a man he assumed to be their father and grandmother on the mantle.

Max welcomed himself into her kitchen and replaced last week's lilies with the new ones on her dining room table.

Taylour reappeared from the second floor. She was dressed in a fitted black turtleneck and dark jeans that accentuated her curves.

"Max?" She inquired, finding him in the kitchen.

"You've got a nice place. It's very homey."

"Thank you," she replied, grabbing her grey wool overcoat.

"Come on," he said as he escorted her back out the door and into his car.

When the pair arrived at their destination, Taylour realized why Max was so persistent.

Max parked his Porsche in front of a large suburban home.

"Is this where you live?"

"My parents. My house is half an hour away," Max answered.

"So, you're taking me to meet your parents? Like, right now?"

"If you're not comfortable, I can take you back home."

Taylour took a moment and contemplated.

Max took her silence as hesitance and reached over to unbuckle her seatbelt. He made a point to graze against her skin, giving her goosebumps.

"Come on, I'm excited for them to meet you."

The couple made their way to the front door and were greeted by Max's parents.

"Mom and Dad, this is Taylour."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Mrs. Friedman said as she extended her hand.

Taylour took it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, as well."

Mr. Friedman gave a nod in greeting, which she reciprocated.

"Are you staying for dinner?" Mrs. Friedman said as she led the group into the home.

"No, Mom, we're actually about to go see a movie."

"Oh, which one?"

"I wanted to take Taylour to see that new horror film."

"Horror? Really?"

"Well, you know. I wanted to take her to the theater so I could have an excuse to hold her hand," Max teased, earning a nudge in the ribs from his mother.

"Always the jokester, this one, isn't he?" The older woman made a sympathetic look towards Taylour which she reciprocated.

"How about you two go downstairs to the game room? Your sisters are down there and I'll bring down a snack before you guys go."

His mother reached up to kiss Max's forehead and smiled at Taylour before walking away. Max led Taylour down to their basement where a full game room was set up. There, his sisters were playing the switch.

"Hey guys," Max said as the girls looked up.

"Sup," said the eldest.

"Hey, Max," replied the youngest.

"Taylour, this is my older sister, Jessica. And this is my baby sister, Abigail."

"Hi!" The young girl chirped.

"Nice to meet you guys."

Jessica nodded, smiling at Taylour, but said nothing else. Abigail stood up from her seat and walked up to Taylour and shook her hand.

"I know a lot about you."

Taylour quirked her brow at her.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I've seen you in magazines."

Taylour's eyebrows shot up. She wasn't expecting a compliment.

"Thank you," she replied.

"Do you play Mario Kart?"

"Yes! I love Mario Kart."

Abigail turned to her older sister and demanded she play Taylour in Mario Kart. Jessica agreed and grabbed another controller so they could all play.

Max watched as Taylour and his sisters played for almost an hour until his mom came down with a tray of snacks and drinks.

"Okay, guys, I've got cookies and hot chocolate," she announced.

The group quickly made their way to the coffee table. Max handed Taylour a mug.
"Thanks," she replied as she took a sip.

"These are amazing, Mrs. Friedman," Taylour praised, finishing her second cookie.

"Thank you, sweetie. They're my mom’s recipe. I'll write it down for you so you can make them yourself."

"Mom, we're going to miss the movie if we don't leave soon."

"Oh! You guys better get going," Mrs. Friedman said.

The pair bid Max's family goodbye and made their way back to the car.

"Your family is so sweet."

"Yeah, they’re the best," Max said as he turned on the ignition.

Max drove Taylour back home, letting his Spotify playlist fill the silence.

"I didn't expect to see that side of you," Taylour said as he parked across the street from her house.

"What side?"

"Your good side."

Max rolled his eyes but smirked.

"Thanks," he replied dryly.

Taylour smiled, biting her lip. She felt a wave of nostalgia hit her.

"Thank you for taking me. You have a great family."

"Anytime. They loved you."

"Did they?"

"Yeah, my mom is probably calling her friends about you as we speak."

Taylour giggled. She looked back over to him, the moon accentuating his eyes.

"I was hoping you would let me in for a nightcap."

Taylour smiled, "How bold of you to assume."

"Is that a no?"

"That's not a no."

Taylour opened the passenger side door and stepped out into the cold night.

Max quickly got out of his car, following her across the street into her home. They took their shoes off at the door and Taylour sat Max down on her section and started her fireplace. She walked into her kitchen, grabbing a bottle of rosé and two wine glasses. She set it down on the coffee table and poured them each a glass.

"Thank you," he said as she handed him a glass.

They sipped their wine and made small talk.

"Why did you decide to show me your family?"

"Because they're a big part of my life and I wanted you to see that."

"That you're more than a guy who records his dates?"

"That I'm more than just some horny scumbag, yes."

Taylour laughed. "Well, you've proven me wrong."

"Does that mean we can start over?"

Taylour's eyes searched his. He looked calm and vulnerable.

She took a sip of her wine, letting the question float in the air.

"Let me guess, you have a kink for the chase?"

Max smiled, a dimple appearing.

"I've just never had to work this hard for anything, not even women. But I don't think I would want this if I hadn't had to work for it."

There was something about Maxwell that made Taylour melt. Maybe it was the timber in his voice or the intensity of being the object of his desire.

Taylour didn't know what she wanted, but she knew that she wanted to feel alive again.

So she took another sip of her wine and sat her glass down on the coffee table. She moved over to the cushion next to Max, looking at him with intent.

He leaned forward, setting his glass down next to hers, and kissed her.

It was deep and passionate. Taylour could taste the rosé on his tongue. She moved closer, wrapping her arms around his neck. Max's hand reached for the side of her neck, caressing it. Taylour leaned into his touch. The smell of his cologne was intoxicating. Max moved his hand down, feeling over her breast before sliding his way underneath her turtleneck. With his free hand, his fingers traced the hem of her jeans.

"Bedroom?" Max inquired, his breath hot against her neck.

"Upstairs."

Taylour pulled away. He gave her a quick peck on the lips and stood up, following her lead.

When she opened the door to her bedroom, Max was already behind her. He placed kisses on her neck, his hands making their way underneath her turtleneck. Taylour took it off, letting it drop to the floor. His hands made their way back up to her bra and unclasped it, letting it fall off her. Max turned her around, cupping her breasts and kissing her hard on the mouth. She moaned against his lips as her hands unbuttoned his shirt.

When his shirt was unbuttoned, he dropped it to the floor, pulling away and giving her a smirk.
Max looked down and licked his lips. Her breasts were perfect.

Taylour's fingers unbuckled his belt and unfastened his jeans. Max stepped out of the jeans and did the same to Taylour. She was about to step out of her underwear when Max lifted her and laid her on the bed.

Taylour watched him pull her panties off.

Max kneeled and kissed his way up her legs. He massaged her thighs before spreading her apart, marveling at her unraveling for him. His fingertips caressed her soft skin. Taylour could feel herself begin to throb as his thumb found its way onto her clit. He pressed against it. Taylour whimpered as Maxwell brought his face closer to her sweetness.

His fingers plunged into her, his middle and index finger thrusting into her. He began to lick and suck on her clit, rolling circles around her.

Taylour's fingers were intertwined in Max's hair as he feasted. She arched her back, bucking her hips against his hand. Max moaned, the vibration from his mouth sending her into a frenzy.
He added a third finger, the stretch deliciously painful.

"Max," Taylour gasped.

She was close.

Max's pace quickened. His tongue sucked harder. Taylour felt herself beginning to clench around his fingers, her breathing becoming labored.

Max felt her release. Her walls pulsated against his fingers. She was dripping. He lapped up her juices, licking and sucking on her until she came again.

Max looked up and took in the sight of her. Oh, how he waited for this view.

He stood up, pulling his boxers down. Taylour sat up and reached her hand out to him, beckoning him. He crawled his way over her, pressing his lips against hers. Their tongues intertwined together as Max positioned himself inside her. Taylour moaned as Max put all of himself in, stretching her with pleasure.
Max pulled away and looked down at her, his hands moving underneath her to support her back. He thrust his hips slowly, taking in the view.

"You're fucking beautiful," he whispered.

Taylour wrapped her arms around his neck, her hands finding his hair. She tugged.
Max began to thrust faster. Taylour pulled him in for a kiss, biting down on his lower lip. Max's hands grabbed her ass, thrusting harder.

"Harder," she moaned.

He obeyed, the sound of skin slapping against each other filling the room. Max leaned forward and took her nipple in his mouth, flicking his tongue around it. He positioned Taylour's ankles behind his ears, going deeper inside her. Taylour's moans increased with every thrust. Max leaned back, watching himself thrust inside her.

"I'm about to come, princess."

With a few more thrusts, Maxwell pulled out and came on Taylour's stomach.
Max leaned over and gave Taylour a deep kiss.

"Where do you keep your towels?" He asked before walking into her master bedroom and coming back with a warm towel. He rubbed his cum off her belly before dropping the towel in the laundry.

Taylour was still on her bed, panting when he returned.Max pulled her sheets over her, getting underneath. Taylour laid on his chest, their legs intertwined. The pair relaxed in each other's arms when Taylour's doorbell rang. She looked over at the time.
10:15 pm.
She stood up and quickly put a robe on, walking downstairs.
Max followed, curious to see who it was, staying at the top of her stairwell.
When she opened the door, it was Kenny.
Taylour and Kenny looked at each other, both surprised by the other. His eyes widened but he quickly cleared his throat, turning his gaze away from her.

“Kenny,” Taylour spoke.
He brought his gaze back, focusing on her eyes.

“Why?"

"I'm sorry."

Her voice was weak

“Why did you just leave?”

Kenny was dying to know the moment he read the letter.
She paused, trying to collect herself.

"Because...because I thought that would be what was best."

"What was best? What the hell, Tay? Did you think this would be best for me?"

Taylour became silent, her lips turned into a flat pressed line. Kenny swore he saw a pandora's box of emotion open in her eyes but she quickly pushed it down as her eyes turned into dark pools of ice.

"I just didn't know, Kenny. I was confused and...and I just didn't know. That's all."

"You should have stayed."

"Yeah? So you could break up with me?"

"I love you. You know that."

Taylour looked down at her bare feet, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"What about Max, huh? He fucking hunted you with his henchmen then all of a sudden you’re fucking him?!"

"We didn’t fuck! I stopped it."

"You could have stopped it way before you got to his hotel room."

Taylour looked up at Kenny, his eyes filled with betrayal. She hated that a silly bet ended up this way.

"I'm so sorry, Kenny. I love you, too, but I can’t do this right now."

With that, Taylour stepped forward onto the stoop and kissed Kenny on the lips. He didn't fight her as she deepened it. She lowered down and kissed his cheek before backing away and closing her door.
✦ ✦ ✦
After Taylour closed the door and walked into her living room, tears filled her eyes. Max, back in his underwear wrapped in one of her blankets from her bedroom, followed her into the living room.
He sat beside her, tentatively touching her thigh.

"Hey," he whispered, his hand moving up to caress her face, wiping her tears.

"I'm so sorry," she choked.

Maxwell pulled her in for a hug. He stroked her hair.

He let Taylour cry into his arms. All of the weeks of ignoring her feelings came bursting out at once.
The guilt. The pain. The loneliness.

Taylour's tears dried and the couple stayed together, Max rubbing her back by the fire.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Taylour looked up at Max, feeling mixed emotions about the day they just spent together.

"I'm not ready to start over, Max," Taylour whispered.

Max's hands caressed her cheek, looking deep into her eyes.

"It's okay. I'll be here when you're ready."

Taylour looked up at him. Never in her wildest dreams, she thought she would find solace in Maxwell Jacob Friedman’s arms.

"Come on, let's get you to bed," Max said, helping her stand up.

The couple walked upstairs and Max tucked her into bed. He went downstairs and got Taylour a glass of water. He set it down on her bed stand before picking up his clothes from off the floor and began to dress.

Taylour sat up in bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm not staying here," Max said as he pulled up his jeans.

"Max," she called out.

He looked at her, his eyes vulnerable and sincere.

"Call me when you know who you want."

Taylour nodded as Max bent over, kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight, princess."

Taylour watched Maxwell walk out of her bedroom, closing the door behind him. She heard the sound of his footsteps walking out front of her door and the lights of her Porsche peeked through her window as he drove off.

Taylour sighed. She felt more confused tonight than ever. Maybe she needed to spend quality time with the person who mattered most.

Herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
i can't believe this is the penultimate chapter. omg.