Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Eleven

Sat at nerve center with Jay, Lily watched the screen that showed the camera feed and listened as Zak spoke to the guest psychic he’d invited along.

“There’s a lot of activity here,” the man, Eric said as they entered the house, “Straight away I’m aware of a servant girl and a young boy, but there’s someone stronger.”

“Can you pick up on who it is?”

“It’s definitely a male presence, an older gentleman,” Eric added as he came to a stop at the foot of the stairs, “He’s stronger on the upper floors, but he walks throughout the house and I’m sure he’s footsteps have been heard at times.”

Lily wrote some notes, focusing on the smaller details and looking up as she heard Zak call out. Though she agreed with everything that Eric had said, she didn’t know why he was ignoring the young woman and child stood watching them.

After nearly an hour of talking to Eric, Zak called Lily in and she joined them. She hadn’t spent much time with other mediums, but she had always been a good judge of character and something about the man irked her.

“Lily has been watching and listening from our nerve center, can you sense anything else?”

“I can sense the man that Eric picked up on,” Lily stated, looking around and reaching out with her mind, “For some reason, I’m seeing a rope that connects the man with a servant girl and her son, which is an indicator to me that they are bound in some way.”

“Any idea how?”

“I honestly believe that he’s the father of the little boy.”

“Did he kill her?” Aaron inquired from behind the camera.

“That would be the common assumption that people would come to, but I don’t get that feeling from their story... I would go as far as to say he loved her and his son.”

He was a good man Lily heard as the servant girl appeared, smiling when the man and the little boy joined her.

What’s your name?

I’m Martha, miss and this is Sir William the girl answered politely, pointing to the man at her side and placing her hands on the shoulders of the little boy This is our son, Henry.

It’s nice to meet you all.

Welcome to my home the man added with a smile.

Lily smiled back, nodding in response and feeling warmth wash over her. Despite the obvious difference in their status, the small family radiated nothing but love and peace.

“Lily...” Billy called, snapping her from her thoughts, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I was just communicating with the servant woman,” Lily explained, “Her name is Martha, the man is Sir William and their son’s name is Henry... he’s curious about the light on the digital recorder.”

“Do you think we’ll be able to hear him?” Zak asked as he held out the small device in front of him, earning a nod from Lily and speaking out, “You don’t have to be scared, Henry, speak into the device in my hand and we’ll be able to hear you.”

He left the recorder running for a few minutes and immediately reviewed the recording, smiling when the sound of a child’s giggle sounded within the silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥