Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Twelve

The start of the lockdown was quiet, but Lily could feel a number of spirits around them and she was very aware that they were watching what they were doing. Sat in the living room with Zak, she caught movement out the corner of her eye and felt tears fill her eyes as she spotted her brother.

Drew had been deployed overseas for nearly a year, when he was shot by an enemy sniper and killed. Like many other spirits, Drew had already crossed over to the other side and only came back in visitation.

“It seems quiet in here, is there anyone around Lil?”

“There’s only one presence in the room right now, but he’s not connected to the house,” Lily answered.

“What do you mean?”

“Drew’s here.”

It was no surprise to Lily that her brother had shown up, she’d been thinking about him a lot over the last few days and that was when he appeared.

“Is he here because of you or because of something in the house?”

I’m here for you Drew told her with a smile, Though someone isn’t too keen on the other medium being here.

“He’s here because of me.”

“Is something wrong?” Zak inquired.

He’s always looking out for you; I can see why you love him so much.

Despite the fact that she knew Zak couldn’t hear, there was no denying that Drew was right and Lily could feel her cheeks heat up.

“Nothing’s wrong, I was thinking about him is all,” Lily stated, “I don’t think we’re going to get much from this room.”

They soon headed upstairs and Lily paused in the hallway, reaching out psychically to see what she could pick up. Out of everyone that she sensed, Sir William was by far the strongest and so, she led the way to the main master bedroom.

Lily soon broke away from the group and isolated herself, sitting cross-legged on a bed with a digital recorder. She didn’t need to speak out loud, instead, she closed her eyes and opened her mind to the spirits of the house.

Images flashed in her mind and Lily paid attention, slowly piecing the story being told together. Once the images faded, she opened her eyes again and wiped away a few stray tears. Love had never... she’d never really thought about love, not in the sense of her actually finding someone and, all along, Zak had been right there.

In many ways, her abilities were a gift and she’d always known how special it was, but in others, it was a burden. The sun soon rose and Lily stood by the front door, waiting to be released. It had been an interesting night and they had captured some really good evidence, but she just wanted to sleep.

“The others are heading back to the hotel and ordering room service; do you want to come to breakfast in town with me?” Zak asked as they loaded the equipment into the car.

“Sounds good,” Lily agreed, looking back towards the house and smiling as her brother disappeared.

“Let’s go.”

With a quick wave to the others, Lily climbed into the passenger seat and rolled her eyes at the smirk on Jay’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥