Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Thirteen

Sat in a quaint little diner that they’d spotted the day before, Lily scanned the menu and placed her order. They were just discussing the lockdown, when a shadow fell over them and they looked up to find two women standing at the side of their table.

“We’re sorry to intrude, but we’re really big fans and were hoping that we could get a picture,” one of them asked with a nervous smile.

“Of course,” Zak replied, standing up and taking a few selfies with both women.

“Thank you and sorry again for intruding.”

“Have a great day.”

Lily watched as the women left, smiling at Zak and returning to her food. It never surprised her how good he was with his fans; he’d always been a good guy and fame hadn’t changed that. They were walking back towards the car, when some paparazzi appeared and started snapping photos.

“I can already see the headlines,” Lily mumbled as Zak opened the door for her, “Zak Bagan’s at lunch with mysterious woman.”

“I’m okay with that headline.”

“Your fans are not going to be happy.”

“Well... I am.”

With a small smile, Lily turned on the radio and looked down as Zak entwined their fingers. Unsure of what to do, she settled back into her seat and watched the scenery pass outside the window. Back in her hotel room, Lily sat on the bed and opened her laptop. Despite having everything recorded, she liked to write it down and add her own thoughts.

This lockdown felt different; for the first time in a while, I was able to connect with spirits on a psychic level and I wasn’t afraid. The darkness dominated only a fraction of the space in my head and it remained at a distance, allowing me some true clarity.

Martha’s story resonated with me the most, mainly because it was one that I’ve heard many times before, and yet, the outcome was completely different. Unfortunately, it was common for young servants to fall pregnant with their master’s child, but it was incredibly unusual for him to actually care for them and there’s no denying that that looked happy.


Someone knocking on the door soon broke her out of her thoughts and she closed her laptop, before going to answer it. Finding Jay on the other side, she rolled her eyes and let him in.

“I’m about to go take some still shots of the inn, did you want to come?” he asked, earning a nod from Lily and waiting for her to collect her equipment, “Are you still writing your spirit journal?”

“As much as I can,” Lily told him as they left her room, “Sometimes it’s as if the spirits don’t want their stories told...”

“Perhaps sharing it with you is enough,” Jay suggested.

He had a point, a majority of spirits stuck in limbo had unfinished business, and having someone to tell released them from the burdens that anchored them to real life. For them, their lives went on unsee by those who were blind to the psychic realm and she offered them a way to share the past that nobody had ever heard about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥