Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Eighteen

It had been two months since Layla’s experience at the inn and despite no obvious side effects, she had been reluctant to open herself up again. Sat in the back pew of the local church, she listened as the choir sang and allowed her mind to clear.

She had always found churches to be peaceful, kind of like the spirits recognized it as a holy place and backed off. The vibration of her phone in her pocket soon broke through the calmness and she made her way outside, answering it.

“Hello?”

‘Hey,’ came Zak’s voice from the other end, ‘Hope I’m not interrupting.’

“Not at all, I was just doing some meditation,” Layla told him as a smile spread across her face, “How’s filming going?”

‘Really good actually, we’ve caught some insane evidence so far and the locations have been drowning in history.’

“Sounds amazing, when are you back in Vegas?”

‘Next week, but I was phoning to ask if you wanted to meet us in Nevada and join us on an investigation,’ Zak stated, causing anxiety to stir in Layla’s chest, ‘Not as a psychic, just as a guest investigator...’

Her anxiety faded slightly, ebbing away to nothing but a nagging feeling in the back of her mind and she exhaled a shaky breath.

“That sounds like fun,” Layla agreed after a short pause, “Send me over the details and I’ll meet up with you.”

‘I’ll send it over now and we’ll see you soon.’

Zak hung up and Layla’s phone chimed, alerting her to a new message.

***

The drive to Nevada was smooth and Layla headed straight to the location, spotting Jay at the car as she pulled up. She had heard a lot about the Old Washoe Club and the stories of paranormal activity were endless, but she never thought she’d get the chance to investigate the claims.

People had a tendency to label old buildings as haunted, simply because of their age and how they looked on the outside. Layla, however, knew differently and would go in with an open mind.

“Layla,” Jay said, approaching her and smiling as he pulled her into a hug, “I’m glad that you decided to come.”

“Me too,” Layla mumbled, glancing up at the building,” You don’t need to be psychic to feel the atmosphere of this place.”

“We’ve all commented on that,” Jay told her, grabbing his equipment and leading her inside, “There is a lot of history within these walls.”

“More than you know,” Zak added as he emerged, hugging her and kissing her head, “How was your drive?”

“It was good.”

Layla greeted Billy and Aaron as they joined them, listening to Zak break down the plan for the investigation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading! ♥