Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Two

Not wanting to scare the family more than they already were, everyone agreed to keep the presence of a demon between them and headed back inside. Wanting to minimize her connection to the bad, Lily shut a pretend door in her mind and focused to see if there was anything good within the property.

“Is there anything positive here?” Dan asked, once they were all settled on the sofa and Lily had done a psychic sweep.

“You’d be surprised how much light surrounds your family, especially when it comes to your daughter,” Lily replied with a smile, “There’s a few that visit, but one really is a force to be reckoned with...”

“In a bad way?” Shelly inquired with a frown.

“Not at all, she’s super protective and a strong positive force,” Lily explained, “She strikes me as the life of the party kind of person, electric and bubbly.”

Although strong, the spirit that Lily was connecting with soon vanished and was replaced with a man. His eyes were dark and a perpetual grin that showcased dirty, rotting teeth sat un-moving on his face.

Who are you? Lily asked in her mind, swallowing nervously as un-seeing eyes turned towards her and a bark of laughter rose from his throat. Listening as Zak broke down the plan for the lockdown part of the night, Lily found herself unable to shake the overwhelming sense of unease that seemed to wash through the room and knew that things were going to be experienced by everyone involved.

“This house has a whole new feeling to it after dark,” Billy commented as they sat in the nerve center, sorting out equipment and chatting.

“I haven’t felt this creeped out in a while,” Jay admitted, handing Zak a camera and a spirit box.

The house was quiet for the time being, but Lily could feel the power ramping up and that scared her. Darkness soon closed in solidly around them, causing every defense in Lily’s mind to go on full alert and she quietly followed Zak into the living room.

“I know that you’re here and I know that you are listening,” Zak said, addressing the spirits and setting the night into motion, “You’ve spent months tormenting this family and scaring an innocent little girl, but we won’t be as easy to get rid of.”

Lily was about to speak, when a high-pitched ringing sounded in her ears and she clapped her hands over them to block it out. The noise was deafening, but she knew that it was a warning and a clear one at that... don’t push us.

“Lily?” Aaron questioned, watching as she uncovered her ears and let out a shaky breath.

“That struck a chord,” Lily mumbled.

The sound of static soon permeated the room as Zak switched on the spirit box and started asking questions with no reply. He was about to turn it off, when a single voice came through and said psychic.

“Well, they know you’re here...” Zak stated, earning a nod from both Lily and Aaron, “Do you want to try and open up some form of communication?”

“Why not.”

Closing her eyes, Lily took a deep breath to center herself and invited any spirits forward to talk. A rush of voices swarmed through her head, but there was one that caught her attention and she sifted through many layers until it was clearer.

“You okay?” Zak asked, causing Lily to look over at him and nod, “What do you hear?”

“I’ve been encountering this same spirit for a few months now, a young girl and she constantly repeats the same thing on a loop,” Lily replied, “The house is old, the house is new, the house is his and so are you.”

“Well that’s... creepy,” Billy said.

“Yeah or, you know, a threat.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥