Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Six

It had been a week since they’d spoken to Reverend Thomas and despite not feeling any better about her situation, she had agreed to help Zak on another case as a distraction. Facades are an impressive thing, from the outside the house looked as though it was well looked after and yet, inside told a story of long-time abandonment.

“What’s the story with this place?” Lily asked, reaching out psychically and pulling back when she was bombarded with images.

“It’s a bit of a mystery, to be honest, all we know for sure is that it’s been empty for nearly thirty years and has just recently been bought by some history organization with an interest in its past,” Zak explained.

“This place is brimming with residual energy; the air is humming...”

Movement soon caught her attention and she made her way towards it, pausing in the doorway to what used to be a living room. Though empty, she could see the room in her mind's eye and felt a wave of warmth wash over her.

The young girl she had seen was pottering around the room, stopping momentarily when she realized she had an audience and smiling before continuing on. From the black dress and crisp white apron, Lily had already figured out that she was a maid... one that seemed to enjoy her job. There was also the sound of children’s footsteps and laughter coming from upstairs, but Lily wasn’t entirely sure if it was residual or not.

“How’s it feeling in here?” Zak inquired from behind her.

“There’s a lot of history under this roof and I’m not naïve enough to assume that nothing bad has happened, but I feel safe here,” Lily told him.

“Billy and Jay said the same exact thing.”

“I think you’ll get a lot from Ovilus and maybe even the SLS camera...”

Sat in nerve center, Lily watched as the boys got ready and filmed them as that goofed off. They soon split up into two groups, which placed Lily with Jay on the first floor and the others in the basement.

“If there’s anyone here with us that wants to speak, you can talk to us through this machine,” Jay called out as they got comfortable on the dust-covered floor of one of the bedrooms, switching on the ovilus and placing it between them, “Can you sense anyone?”

“We’re definitely being watched by a few of the younger spirits here... can you come tell us your favorite toy?”

Doll... ball... bear appeared on the screen of the ovilus, confirming that they were speaking to children and that the spirits were eager to communicate. After half an hour of asking questions and receiving intelligent responses, they made their way back to nerve center.

Lily wasn’t surprised that the house had been bought by historians, there was a lot of stuff going on and with the paranormal activity as well... it could be a major asset to their organization. Basements weren’t her favorite places to investigate, but Zak wanted to know how she felt down there and sent her down with Jay.

“It’s weird down here,” Jay commented as they descended the stairs.

“I’ve been in many basements and they’ve all felt the same, but I’m content down here,” Lily added, “If this house has seen darkness, then from a psychics point of view it’s strongly overclouded by the good and light connected to the building.”

The rest of the investigation passed without anything major and they left the house feeling good, which was unusual for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥