Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Seven

Not wanting to be alone, Lily agreed to help Jay analyze the video they’d taken and got settled on his sofa. With one of her earbuds in, she transferred some of the sessions from the digital recorders they’d used and looked up as Jay handed her a coffee.

“It’s been a while since we’ve done this,” Jay commented as he sat down next to her.

“It’s been too long,” Lily added.

Exhaustion soon washed over her and she retreated to the spare room, falling asleep quickly. It was nearly noon when she woke up, heading to the kitchen and kissing Jay’s cheek in greeting.

“Good morning,” Jay said as he put some bacon and waffles onto two plates.

“Morning... thanks.”

“How’d you sleep?”

“Better than I have been,” Brooklyn replied, pouring two glasses of orange juice and joining Jay at the table.

“Have you decided what you’re going to do about your demon issue yet?”

“I don’t know,” Brooklyn answered with a sigh, “Reverend Thomas has suggested on exorcism...”

“Zak was saying,” Jay added, “Have you tried a psychic cleansing?”

“Not yet, I’m scared of getting lost in my own head and not being able to find my way back out again.”

“What if I sit in as your anchor?” Jay offered, earning a nod from Lily and gathering everything they would need.

Sat with Jay in the center of a circle of white candles, Lily took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she took Jay’s hands. Images rushed into her mind as she opened herself up to the other side, causing her to flinch and tighten her grip on Jay’s hands to try to ground herself.

The demon didn’t hide in the shadows as it did in her nightmares, slithering in and planting darkness in her mind. Lily shivered as what felt like icy water rushed through her veins and she gasped for breath as the demon came closer, reaching out its hand towards her slowly.

‘The house is old, the house is new, the house is his and so are you’ a child’s voice echoed as Lily tried to focus, letting go of Jay’s hands and covering her ears.

“Spirits of eternal light, protect me from the darkness...” Lily whispered, “Release me from the evil that threatens to corrupt.”

A gentle warmth suddenly radiated from her chest, spreading through her and pushing the demon out. She felt a weight lift from her shoulders and peace settled over her, but only time would tell if the demon was actually gone.

With the candles extinguished, Lily opened her eyes and took a few deep breaths as the room spun around her. The sensation of warm liquid trickling onto her top lip made her frown and she ran her tongue over it, grimacing as she tasted blood.

Jay was immediately in front of her and he was speaking, but Lily couldn’t hear him over the rushing sound in her ears. Her vision was slowly dimming and she slumped forward, allowing the darkness to take over.

***

Jay caught Lily as she passed out, picking her up bridal style and settling her on the sofa. With the knowledge that she could be out for a while, he cleaned her up and covered her with a blanket as he phoned Zak to let him know what was going on.

It wasn’t long, before Zak showed up at his front door and Jay handed him a beer.

“How long will she be out for?” Zak asked as he leaned against the doorframe that led into the living room, watching Lily closely and taking a sip of his drink.

“I’m not sure, the process of psychic cleansing can be draining,” Jay replied.

It could be a long day ahead for them all, but Lily was like a sister to Jay and the only thing that mattered to him was that she was at peace from whatever demon had attached itself to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy ♥

Did the psychic cleansing work?