Status: Active ♥

Haunted

Nine

Sat on the bus with the Ghost Adventures crew, Lily listened as Zak laid out the plan for the next couple of locations and, despite slight nerves, she was excited. They soon arrived in Nevada, getting the preliminary interviews out of the way and taking some time to explore the town they were in.

It wasn’t hard for Lily to pick things up, but walking through the streets and being a part of the fixtures definitely made it easier. Aaron soon pointed out a sweet shop and they made their way inside, picking out some snacks for the research they’d be doing later.

“You’ve always had a sweet tooth,” Zak commented a while later, chuckling as Lily tipped out her candy on the table and got comfortable next to Jay at the table in Zak’s hotel room.

“I need the energy to get through this research,” Lily replied, motioning to the stacks of notes in front of her, “There’s a lot going on here.”

She had been reading for nearly an hour, when a particular story caught her attention and she paused on the page to read. Nevada woman murdered in her own bed by crazed axeman she read to herself, remembering something she’d seen somewhere else and rooting back through the papers that she’d already looked over.

“Did you find something?” Jay asked as he looked up from his laptop.

“This is a story about a murder and I’m pretty sure that it’s not the first time I’ve read about it, but the other mention of it had a different name for the victim,” Lily added, finding the page and reading through the information, “This story is about Mary Constantine and the other is about Lyla Jacobs, which means that the house has seen multiple murders... not to mention the ones within the town.”

“Lockdown is going to be fun,” Zak added with a smile.

“Just remember that a town doesn’t have to be drenched in history to be haunted,” Lily reminded him, “The paranormal is kind of like a recipe, wherein, different ingredients create different hauntings...”

“So, an unsolved murder victim could be vengeful, but a murder victim who saw justice served would be more likely to simply be returning to a place they loved?” Aaron questioned with a frown, earning a nod from Lily and continuing, “I’ve never looked at what we experience like that before.”

They had been talking for nearly three hours, when Jay decided that he was hungry and they ordered food. It was late by the time Lily went back to her room, exhausted from the research, and fell asleep without any disruptions.

Her phone alarm woke her up early the following morning and she groaned at the thought of getting out of bed, but there was a lot that needed to get done. With her camera bag in hand, she met the guys at the bus and took a seat as they headed over to their first location.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writer's block sucks! Enjoy ♥