Welcome to the Jungle

It's never worth the pain that you feel

Once my shift is over with, I run towards the dressing room and quickly get changed back into my short jean cutoffs, my London t-shirt and combat boots. I may have to dress girly for work but I don’t in my personal life. I prefer combat boots over heels any day.

As soon as I’m dressed and I gather my things, I clock out and head towards the door. Sadly, I’m stopped by one of the bouncers for the VIP room.

“They’re asking for you.” Darren, the bouncer, informs me as his hand wraps around my bicep. “They told me to stop you from leaving once your shift was over with.”

A groan escapes my lips. “D, I’ve got an early shift tomorrow at the diner. If I leave now and get home, I’ll be able to get at least 3 hours of sleep before I have to deal with grumpy, old and handsy men who love to sit in my section.”

“Let that to the Crue.” He chuckles as he escorts me into the VIP section, earning moans of protests from the overdolled up girls waiting outside to get a glimpse of the rockstars inside.

“LEXI!” A chorus of my name fills the room. I roll my eyes as Darren pushes me towards the bands in front of me. I shoot him a glare before I’m being pulled into the lap of Vince Neil. He wraps his arm around my waist and plants a kiss on the side of my neck.

“I can’t stay long.” I inform the two bands. “Unlike you asshats, I’ve got a day job that I have to be semi-awake for.”

“Fuck that, you’re parting with us tonight.” Tommy scoffs. “Who needs a day job when you have rockstars for best friends.”

“We’re best friends?” I chuckle. “Do you even know my last name?” I turn my head enough to see Vince opening his mouth to speak. “You don’t count. You only know my last name because I’m friends with your wife.”

“What does knowing your name have to do with anything?” Nikki questions. “We’ve known you for how long?”

“As patrons of the strip club I work at, you’ve known me for three years.” I reply. “We’ve never hung out outside of these walls. You guys only hear information I tell every other client.”

“So you talk about the music you write with other clients?” Tommy questions, a smirk on his lips.

“You write music?” The man I caught staring at me earlier, questions. Even up close he’s gorgeous. His wild hair, covering his face and aviators. A cigarette hanging from his full lips. His leaning back against the couch, legs wide open and a dancer sitting on each of his thighs.

“Yea, I’m slowly starting a band.” I reply. “It’s about time the rock industry gets a makeover. It’s been drowning in testosterone for far to long.”

“Fuck, we forgot to introduce you to these guys!” Nikki exclaims. “The red head is Axl. The two blondes are Steve and Duff. Since you’re wearing a London shirt, you might recognize Izzy. And the guy that is clearly making googly eyes at you is Slash.” Nikki points to each man as he says their names.

“London fan?” Izzy questions me, a smirk on his lips.

“Fuck no.” I laugh. “London sucked even when Nikki was in it.”

“Hey!” Nikki exclaims. “What the fuck, Runaway?”

“Someone has to keep deflating your oversized ego.” I blow him a kiss before returning my attention to Izzy. “This shirt was an exboyfriend’s. I never gave it back and probably never will. Too comfortable.”

“I’m surprised you didn’t burn it.” Vince laughs. “Sharise told me the story about the time you made a bonfire out of your high school boyfriend’s shit. Letterman's jacket and all.”

“Wasn’t a boyfriend.” I inform him, frowning. “Just a guy that couldn’t take no for an answer. Anyway I really can’t stay. I’ve got work in a few hours.” I quickly jump off Vince’s lap and place a kiss on his lips. I turn to the band before me. “I’ll see you around, I guess.” I wave goodbye before I have to explain what I meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: I Don't Believe in Love by Queensrÿche

banner and playlist are coming. Don't worry.

Also this might be the first 80's themed fanfic where I don't have Vince being an asshole, there is still time for that to change. lmao.

comment&subscribbe?

If you want to be a character message me the following

character name
age
picture
short bio