Immortal

Calculated everything we've done

1.5 years ago

It’s been three days since Billy’s funeral. It’s been three days since I laid to rest the single most important thing in my life. It’s been three days since I started the manhunt to find those treacherous bastards that allowed him to fall to his death. It’s been three days since I decided to lean towards a life that I never wanted to be apart of; a life my mother vowed to protect me from.

I walk into Axis, a club Fedir Vann, likes to haunt when he manages to actually be in his home country. It doesn’t take long to find him. He is possibly the most attractive man in his club. He has features that put a Greek God to shame. He his chiseled high cheekbones, tainted by a ridged cheek scar he got from a knife fight with a Russian boxer that wanted to play dirty. He has dirty blonde hair that’s nicely gelled out of his eyes. And his eyes? The nicest ocean blue I have ever scene. His Adonis like featured paired with a nice Prada suit can make any girl swoon. But that’s not why I’m here.

I strut over to the bar and slide onto the barstool next to him. He looks over at me, drinking me in. His eyes scan over my body. They start at the fragile tiny straps of my lacy black dress that is probably meant to be lingerie and his eyes stop just at the hem of the very short dress.

“I don’t remember ordering an escort for tonight.” He smirks at me. “Not that I wouldn’t mind the company.”

“You didn’t order one,” I shoot him a seductive smile. “I’m here on a different type of business.”

He leans back a little, his eyebrow raises in question. “And what kind of business would I have with the Russian bombshell in front of me.”

I pull a polaroid out of my bra and slide it over to him. The smirk that was on his lips, immediately falls when he looks at the picture. “I have heard through the grapevine that you got that gorgeous necklace stolen from you. And I know where you can find the people that stole it.”

“And how did you come by this information?”

“My boyfriend was one of the thieves that stole it from you.” I casually say as the bartender comes my way. I flag her down and smile at her. “I’d like your finest Scotch and put it on this man’s tab.” The bartender shoots Fedir a look. He simply nods and the bartender scampers away.

“And you’d be willing to risk your boyfriend’s life?” He questions me. “Because if I find whoever stole that necklace from me, I will not hesitate to kill them.”

“That’s what I’m counting on.” I tell him. “His team allowed him to fall to his death. I want their heads delivered to me on a silver platter.”

“These were his friends, are you sure you want them dead?”

“They took him away from me. Eye for an eye.” I reply. “Plus, I could use a job. I’m hoping this could be my audition.”

“And why should I give you a job?” He asks, leaning closer to me. “I have no use for an escort. I’m not pimp.”

“And I’m more than a pretty face.” I smirk. “Father was KGB, mother was a sleeper agent. I’ve been conditioned from a young age to be a spy. And you could use a spy like me. People tend to spill their secrets around me. And this face? It’s always welcomed in every club I have ever walked into. I’m a…”

“You’re a demon hidden behind an angel’s disguise.” He finishes, a smirk dancing on his lips. “I guess I could use someone like you in my ranks. And this is your audition huh? Handing over the people that took your boyfriend from you?”

“Revenge is a hell of a motivation.”

“Give me your number.” He slides over his phone. “I'd like to talk to you in a more private location. We’ll go over the details of the mission at that time..” A smile dances on my lips as I type my name and phone number into Fedir’s cell. I slip it over at his smiles at the name. “It’ll be a pleasure doing business with you, Alexandria.”


My eyes stare into his. A smirk dances on his lips before he takes a sip of his drink. He shouldn’t be here. He never comes to America, he even told me that before. He says the only thing that’ll bring him to America is work. My heart stops before I turn to Billy and his failed attempts at picking up Petrova.

“Fuck…” I whisper, but apparently it’s loud enough for my teammates to catch up on.

“Is everything okay, Eight?” Seven’s voice comes through first.

“Everything going according to plan?” One’s voice is the second. “Or is Four totally bombing out?”

“We’ve got a problem.” I vaguely tell them.

“What’s wrong?” Two asks. “From where I’m standing, it looks like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“I just thought the lighting was making her paler.” Three adds.

“Fedir Vann is here. He’s at the end of the bar. He just sent me over a drink.” I quickly say in one breath. “And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only thing he’s interested in. He was originally just here for Petrova, but I’m sure he’s gonna be gunning for me.”

“And why is that?” Seven asks.

“Vann was her boss.” One replies. “He was the one Eight is running from.”

“What do you want me to do?” I ask One. “I’ve been compromised.”

“Get Four and get the fuck out.” He replies. “We’ll deal with Petrova at a later date. We need you alive more than her.”

I nod my head, knowing he can see it from wherever he’s hidden. I make a beeline to Billy and Petrova. As soon as I get closer Billy looks at me with concern. “Baby, we need to go. I just got an important call from my father. We need to leave right now.” I play up the girlfriend angle and place a hand on his arm. “You can come out later, we just need to go right now.”

“Of course.” He smiles at me before turning to the bored Russian actress. “Duty calls.” She nods her head and with that Billy places a hand on the small of my back as he guides me through the crowd. “Care to explain what’s going on?”

“I’ll explain once we get my ass out of this club.” I reply. “It’s not exactly safe for me here.”

“There is a blond following us.” He says low enough for only me to hear.”

“Yea, he’s the reason why it’s not safe.”

“Who is he?”

“Someone I royally fucked over.” I reply just as a crowd of rowdy, drunk girls come from the bathrooms. “Into that crowd, let’s lose him.”

“I think you owe all of us an explanation.”

“And I will, first let’s lose the Ukrainian mafiozo.” With that I pull Billy into the crowd, zig zagging through the girls until we are on the outside. I look back and see Fedir still behind us. “Guys make a distraction. Anything. Vann is hot on our tails.”

“Five you’re up.” I hear One say. And quickly, Five is rushing past Billy and I before she runs directly into Fedir. I peek back and see him helping her onto her feet; being the gentleman he always is. Five goes into fliration mode, hair flips and gentle arm touches at all. A smile appears on my lips before turning back around, elbowing Billy lightly in the ribs.

“Let’s across the street to make sure we completely lose him.” I tell Billy. “Thanks Five. I owe you.” I tell Five through comms as Billy and I cross the street and surround ourselves in the crowds of drunks car hoping on Sunset.

“You owe me an explanation.” Billy states, breaking the silence that’s washed over us. “Who is he and why are you so scared of him?”

“I’m not scared of him.” I roll my eyes. “He’s part of my past that shouldn’t know I’m still alive. He’s a former boss. And also the head of a section of the Ukrainian mob.”

“You really got mixed with the wrong people after I died.” Billy lets out a humorless chuckle.

“You don’t even know the half of it.” I say low enough that Billy doesn’t hear me. I wrap my arms around myself as we continue our walk back to our hotel in silence...
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: For the Glory by All Good Things

comment&subscribe?