Immortal

All I ever wanted was everything I lost

We get to the hotel and immediately Billy and I head to our separate rooms. As soon as I walk into my room, I begin stripping my clothing; leaving a trail of garments leading straight to the bathroom. Once I’m in the bathroom, I turn on spotify on my phone and start playing Blood//Water by grandson and start my shower. As soon as the room fills with steam, I get in and begin to scrub the night off my skin. But that doesn’t mean I get to scrub the night from my mind; nor the imagine of Fedir knowing my death was a hoax.

Once my shower is done with, meaning the water grew cold, I wrap a fluffy white towel around my torso and head into the room. Waiting for me, Billy is sitting on my bed looking right at me; his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

“The gang may want to give you time to tell them what the hell went on tonight, but I’m not that nice.” Billy sternly states. “What the fuck happened tonight, Alex?”

“I told you. A former boss found out my death was far from a simple suicide.” I reply. “The more important question is how the fuck did you get into my room?”

“One gave me an extra key.” He shrugs. “I have no idea why but he did. Now explain why you’re former boss was here tonight? You’re not sabotaging us are you?”

“Why would I turn my back on you guys?” I narrow my eyes into a glare. “I’m loyal to a fucking fault.”

“You had no problem turning on the crew.” He simply states. I sigh at the thought of betraying the crew we have done countless robberies with. But this is different.

“They turned on my first.” I softly say. “They betrayed me by allowing you to fall to your apparent death.”

“You can’t keep using me as an excuse.” He rolls his eyes. “I’m not the reason you turned down this road. You made this decision.”

“Fedir is probably here for the same reason we are.” I reply as I adjust the towel around me, tightening to make sure it doesn’t fall. “He’s after The Godfather’s daughter.”

“Bargaining tool, maybe?”

“Most likely.” I shrug. “He wouldn’t be in the States if it wasn’t for work. He hated coming here, always has from what he told me. He always kept his work in the Ukraine or Russia.”

“Why are you so afraid of him, Alex?”

“I’m not afraid of him.” I counter, quickly turning away from Billy. “I’ll never be afraid of him.”

“You can lie to everyone here but me.” He proclaims. “Out of everyone here, I’m the one person you will never be able to lie to.”

I turn and look at him, narrowing my eyes at him. “And how can you be so sure?”

“Because out of everyone here, I’m the only one that knows you Alexandria Smirnov.”

“The Alex you knew is long since dead and buried.” I coldly state. “She died the day you died.”

“I thought she died the day our child died?”

“The Russian Femme Fatale was created that day.” I sigh. “But your death started everything. Our child’s death was the final straw. I had nothing to live for.”

“I was going to retire after that heist.” Billy admits with a chuckle. “I knew what that necklace was worth. I knew it was enough for us to live off of while I found a real job; a job I knew you’d be proud of.”

“Your job was never the problem.” I sigh, biting my lower lip. “It was just that heist I had a bad feeling about. And it looks like I was right.”

“Good things did come out of that night.” He counters. “I got to save a country from a horrible dictator.”

“I can’t fight with that logic.” A chuckle escapes my lips. “Did you ever think what would have happened if you did listen to me?”

“Every single day.” He admits. “I really did love you, Alex. I hope you know that. And I would like for you to be able to talk to me about whatever happened between you and the blond at the club.”

“That’s a story for another day.” I tell him. “Now it’s time for me to get ready for bed. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.” With that I turn away from him, dropping the towel as I make my way over to my bag.

“You’re not even going to wait for me to leave the room before you change, huh?” Billy laughs. “Same old Alex.”

“You’ve seen me naked, Billy.” I remind him as I slip on a pair of black boy shorts. “Nothing has changed.”

“That scar is new.” He says before walking over to me. Before I know it, his calloused hands are on my hips. And his fingers trace the FV that’s carved in the flesh of my lower right back. “He did this to you, didn’t he?”

“That’s a story for another day.” I repeat myself softly. This causes Billy to turn me around so he can look at me. “I got wrapped up in bad shit, let’s just leave it at that.”

“Are you ever going to open up about your time with the mafia?”

“That’s a story for another day.” My voice is stern and final. Billy’s eyes are still fixated on mine. “Billy, please. I’m gonna have to retell this story tomorrow. Let me just go to bed, please?”

“You used to tell me everything, or at least I thought you did.” He bites his lower lip. “You can trust me Alex. You just have to let me in.”

“The last time I trusted anyone they faked their death and left me all alone.” I sigh. “Please go. I really need to get some sleep.” He sighs before looking down on the floor and not my naked chest, which surprises me.

“I’m down the hall if you need me.” He mutters before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him. A sigh escapes my lips as I toss a ratty Sex Pistols shirt on before turning off the lights and curling up in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day of explaining and reliving all the shit I’ve done in the last almost two years…
♠ ♠ ♠
this might just stay on tumblr. It's not like anyone really reads it on here.