Status: Active

Avengers One Shot Fictions

Loki Laufeyson

Enamoured, he said. Such a delicate word, so rarely used in this day and time and yet when he said it, I vowed to do any and everything to help keep him safe. From what and who, I didn't exactly know but for him, I would probably lay down my life to make sure he was kept alive, he just meant that much to me.

It's been a month since that day in the park, upon request I packed a bag of valuables and moved miles away from New York to a small town in Georgia, far from any city life and out in what called to me, nature. Loki didn't take to it immediately, he tried hard not to voice any complaints but I could hear him nagging and grumbling to himself when something didn't pan out the way he wanted it too. He couldn't stand the wildlife, it flocked to us. He couldn't stand all the bugs, they swarmed us and God forbid the power went out when the wind blew, it would leave him with hours of boredom. Yet I was completely at peace. This made me feel complete.

I could hear howling and curses, a flurry of things being slammed and then a door opening. I didn't want to glance up from the book I finally got to start reading, Loki had been hoarding it in his bag since day one. I didn't want to hear what got destroyed now, either. Living in the woods with animals that sense your powers of nature, it isn't for the faint of heart.

"Y/N, one of your furry friends chewed through my phone charger again," Loki stood in front of me, I lowered the book in my hand and raised a brow at the black charger in his hand, in two seperate pieces, one I had just bought two days ago when the other charger had been chewed to the phone I had bought him the day before, so he wouldn't be so bored all the time.

"I'm sorry, Loki. I'll go to the store in a little while and get you another," I sat up straighter and reached my hand out to collect the broken cord, I mentally groaned, these animals were a blessing but they were breaking my bank account, he sighed as he handed it over. "What is it?"

"I'm exhausted with this house," he grumbled, pacing in front of me. "Each day is a new adventure. Animals eating wiring, deer eating our food, water pipes bursting after freezing over, floors rotting due to leaking ceilings. When does it end? How do you humans do this?"

"Its life, Loki," I chuckled at his behavior, it was more than obvious he had been handed everything since birth, and if it wasn't handed to him directly, it just magically appeared in his hand. "Us humans live with this from day one, we can't magically fix it all."

"It's a shame, no one should have to live like this, under this kind of stress," he grunted and ran a hand through his hair. "That's not all though, I have been thinking about things, since the wifi as you call it has been what did you say, oh yes, wonky all day."

"Oh that can't be good," I teased, watching as he paused in front of me, delaying his repetitive pacing for the moment.

"May I speak with you for a moment?" he asked, clasping his hands tightly around his back.

"Oh, your serious, then well of course, unless it's bad. I don't wanna know if its bad."

"Its not," he smiled softly, glancing around the small one bedroom cabin. "Its just, something I need to talk with you about."

"Then sure, talk to me then."

"I know that I've acted a bit...spoiled, I guess is the word I could use, I don't mean to seem ungrateful but I'm used to a certain way of living and being thrown into a completely different setting is taking a bit of getting used too," he explained as he sat down beside me on the blue and gold trimmed loveseat, the fire that I had set up a few hours ago, still burning brightly as it cast a gold like shadow across his face. "I don't want you to feel taken advantage of, I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for me. You are truly the one person in my life that I can depend on."

"I understand, you can be a little irritating at times but I know your use to gold and glitz and glamour, ya know. I can't afford to give you that, this is all I have to offer," I laid the book down on the coffee table and leaned back against the small useless pillow. "I would offer you whatever to make you feel comfortable. I know you need to heal."

"Darling, everything that you have offered me has been more than I ever needed, yet I pester you with small inconvienences and for that I am truly sorry," he smiled genuinely as he took my hand in his chilled one, his long fingers running softly around to intertwine with mine as he pondered a moment. "I have always known you had a crush on me. I don't mean to exploit it, Y/N and I wish never to make you feel put out. I have for many years, avoided any real friendships or relationships because I always feel the hurt when I am betrayed or forgotten, but there is something about you that makes me want to be close to you, even here in this shack. I don't have the slightest clue as to why you would want to be close to me."

"You know why, Loki," I whispered barely above a breath as I looked up from his fingers that had been gently smoothing across my own to catch his emerald eyes as the fire danced in them, mesmerizing me for a split second. "Don't pretend."

"I do not," he reassured me with a confounded expression on his sharp features. "I have never done anything for you to care so much about me, or to put up with me for that matter."

"You're you, the guy that has always had his feelings hurt, never felt like he belonged, never been given a chance," I paused and looked away, feeling way to bare at the moment under his gaze. "You have never been given the amount of love you deserve, and each time your hopes have been dashed, you do something that you think people expect out of you, something villainous. I can tell you now though, you're not a villain. You are a person, someone that deserves love and friendship, someone who deserves a hug or a smile. You deserve it like anyone else, regardless of your past. I know what it feels like, I've felt it all in my own way but I learned to accept my surroundings and learn from them. You need a little help, a little tenderness, someone to care."

"Why do you care so much, no one else would ever say this, would ever give me the chance to prove them all wrong," he puzzled, placing a finger on my chin to turn my face back towards him. "Why do you believe in me."

"All I can tell you Loki," I paused and took a deep breath, ready to finally tell him what makes me tick. "Is that since the day I met you, I have felt a connection. It might be because we had similar but very different upbringings or the fact that I could sense the sadness in you. I don't know how it all pieces together, the only thing I know is that since day one, I have loved you unconditionally."

Without a second passing, Loki grabbed me by the back of my head with one hand and the other slid around my waist and he pulled me into the sincerest kiss I have ever had, the emotions he felt flooded my senses and didn't leave until his lips separated from mine. "I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you, but I will worship the ground you walk from this moment on," he placed his forehead against mine as I struggled in vain to control my breathing. "I love you Y/F/N, and I will until the day I actually die, probably from this death trap you love so dearly, to be completely honest."