Status: Active

Avengers One Shot Fictions

Loki Laufeyson

I consider myself fortunate, I like to think it's not just luck that placed me so highly favored by the God of Mischief. I joke and say its because he pities me but I know it's because we get each other on a level. no one has ever came near. I get teased a lot for having Loki as my best friend. I'm not as close to the rest of my friends because of him but I figure it isn't my loss, I would never do it to them if they were in the same position.

Most days it's just us, doing normal everyday things, no drama between the two of us but unfortunately there is always drama with someone picking at Loki's already shredded last thread of patience.

Just like today, at this very moment I'm wedged between Loki's tall and lean body and hot headed Tony Stark's average, muscular one, trying to seperate and contain the situation.

"I cannot take another insinuation from that arrogant dick!" Loki cried out as Thor finally stepped in and pulled his brother away, leaving me to act as a blocker to Tony and keep him from advancing on them. "He should not speak to her in that way!"

"Maybe I shouldn't have taught him that word," I cast an extra cheesy smile at Tony, who just rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air, in surrender.

"How do you put up with that maniac?" Tony blurted out, reeling around to locate the bar a few feet away in the large common room. Each floor had one for Tony. "I mean. Come on! Overdramatic much?"

"Please don't," I requested, slowly following in his footsteps so I could sit on a stool in front of him as he poured himself a glass of what I assumed was very stout liquor, since it wasn't in english. "You said once upon a time, you would respect my decision to be friends with Loki."

"He's an idiot- a little crazy menace that is a constant reminder of my worst nightmares," he reached up to rub his brows, they aching I'm sure from the deep anger lines in his forehead. "I just don't like you hanging around him. He's controlling, D."

"He isn't and I know in my heart and in his everyday actions he has changed for the better," I retorted, I smiled a bit as I accepted a poured glass of the mysterious whiskey. "I also know right from wrong, Tony."

"I don't see it. You might feel he's alright now, but trust me honey, it's in his wiring. I don't think you understand that," he leaned against the bar and shook his head softly. "You are naive."

"You won't understand, Tony," I smirked, tipping back the glass in one swig, the burn slowly spreading down my throat, reminding me why I rarely drank anything above a wine cooler. "Even if I explained it to you, wrote down everything I have seen him improve on, his accomplishments, it wouldn't matter. You may not agree but I need you to respect that I'm not breaking our friendship because no one likes him for his past and it definitely won't change because you want it too or because you try to force it by fighting with him every chance you get."

"Respectfully," he filled our glasses up once more and slid the bottle back on the top shelf. Tipping his head back, he spoke before taking the shot. "I just don't want you hurt, it would kill me. You do whatever you want, D. I love you and I'll have your back, even though he is the dick."

"That is all I ask," I grabbed his hand and give it a small squeeze. I slowly slid my hand back to my glass and quickly brought the rim to my lips, letting the warm whiskey slid down my throat, leaving a burning sensation as it went. "You are also an asshole for giving me whiskey."

"Why's that?" he asked knowingly as he walked around the bar, I stood off the stool and followed him out of the room, heading down the corridor for the elevator. "Oh wait, is it whiskey that makes you frisky?"

"Kiss my ass," I muttered feeling it starting to affect me, I gave a little giggle as I turned to him. "I need to go lay down before I do something dumb."

"Like go to Prince Charming-Rudolph's room and finally confess you're dark, dirty secret of love to him and then jump his bones?" Tony smirked but even drunk me could spot the eye roll he made, he just couldn't help himself.

"What are you talking about?" his words confused the ever growing fog in my brain.

"Everyone can see it," he admitted. "You have had the hots for Reindeer Games since you met him. That's half the reason no one likes him, we don't think he's good enough for you but that's neither here nor there to you. If you do like we suspect, just go tell him and screw his tiny brains out. I gave you enough liquid courage to do it."

"He doesn't like me like that."

"He does or he wouldn't get so bent out of shape when I joke about your ass and stuff, " he paused. "But then again you are naive, you probably don't see it."

"Stop saying I'm naive, you ass hole," I completely disregarded him and started to walk towards my room, just to get away from the words he was saying. They didn't sit well in my heart or my head. "I'm not talking about this anymore."

"Stop running from it," Tony caught up to me and grabbed me by the arm, reeling me around to face him. "I think you are an idiot for loving him but your an idiot in love and everyone deserves love, even idiots."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just call me an idiot- are you crazy, I don't love Loki," I grunted pulling myself out of his hold. "Stop talking about this, he's my friend. My best friend."

"Why not? Talk now while you're able to speak freely," Tony reached for me again and pulled me to the nearby sofa. I sat down hesitantly, refusing to look at him. "Tell me you don't love him when you really think about it, and tell yourself the truth. Hell, make a list."

"I-" I paused, the alcohol still causing me to be unable to think straight. "I love him as a friend. He is someone I can depend on for whatever, he helps me with my flashbacks and anxiety. We spend all day together and don't get annoyed with each other, he's someone- the only one that takes care of me when I'm sick. He makes me laugh, I feel comfortable with him."

"Yeah," Tony gestured for me to go on.

"That's what friends do," I told him matter of factly, nodding slightly to get my point across. "I help him, with his fears you know. I clean him up and mend his wounds when you all abuse him in training and the ones in his mind, I cook meals for us, I-"

"Go on," Tony interjected.

"I don't like it when you all bully and pick on him, it hurts him so bad it makes me cry sometimes. I wish I could take all his pain away," I paused as the fog finally lifted in my brain, all at once and the only thing that came through was the realization that I was crazy in love with him. "I love him, I put up with all this bullshit because I fucking love him."

"Bout time," Tony sighed, patting the back of the couch three times before he stood up. "Go get'em tiger."

"What? No!" I shook my head and bolted upright. "No way in hell, I can't risk our friendship."

"Bullshit," he raised an eyebrow and pointed in my face. "March that pretty little tight ass down to his room and finally admit your feelings. Be happy."

"What if he says no?" I murmured quietly, my emotions and thoughts all over the place. "What if I'm just some lowly human that he's just sort of fond of and he just spends his time with me to combat boredom?"

"Are you done yet?" Tony's level of sass would have made me proud, had it not been directly pointed as me. "What if's will ruin your soul. If you want him, just go get him. You owe yourself that. You've been through hell for that man."

"I'll chicken out," I admitted guiltily. "I'll get to the door, and chicken out like I do with anything serious."

"No you won't, because-" he held up his finger and sprinted off, moments later he returned with a sloshing glass with the familiar brown liquid. "Liquid courage, sweetheart."

"Bottoms up," I eyed it skeptically before saying the hell with it and downed it with gusto. If I make a fool out of myself and ruin the best friendship I have ever had because of my newfound feelings, at least I would be sloshed.

"Now shoo," Tony grabbed the glass and gave my back a gentle shove in the right direction.

"By tomorrow morning, I will either hate your guts or dance at your wedding," I stated and wandered off down the hallway at a slow pace.

"I feel threatened," he responded before his figure disappeared behind the archway.

I walked unbelievably slow to Loki's door, a pace I don't think I have ever had the patience to use but it bought me time to weigh my pros and cons. Yes, this could end disastrous but it also had the ability to be the best thing I ever did. I couldn't imagine a world where Loki wasn't by my side but I also couldn't go on like I hadn't been truthful to myself and realized that I was deeply in love with the handsome, stupid God.

Once I reached his doorway, it took a good minute to muster up the courage to lift my hand up and knock. I didn't have a plan, no ideas came to mind on how to tell him, partially from shock of actually telling him and the insane amount of endorphins that were hitting me like a semi and partially because my buzz was wearing off from the rush of adrenaline. I almost convinced himself to bolt the moment the door opened to reveal Loki's tall, lean body covered in black slacks and a green button up, his sleek and sharp facial features turned onto a half smile, his emerald irises reflecting the hallway lights as they searched my face. I always knew he was handsome but at this very moment, he glowed an aura of what I can only call, beautiful.

"Demitria?" his deep tone spoke his confusion, I'm sure I looked starstruck standing there. "Are you well?"

"Yeah, yeah," I cleared my throat and ran a hand through my hair lazily.
I-uh-drank a little, you know how I get."

"That moronic playboy got you drunk," he scoffed glancing down the hall, as if Tony would jump out and gloat. Which, wasn't uncharacteristic of him but still. "Come in."

"I'm not drunk," I dismissed his statement as I strolled into his room, nervously glancing around. "Anymore, well I was just tipsy."

"How many did you have?" he questioned with judgy eyes, closing the door and flipping on the over head light, he stared at me.

"Like three or four shots, but it doesn't matter," I waved my hand dismissively and leaned up against the wall with folded arms. "I'm fine."

"I'll be the judge of that," he said sneering, I rolled my eyes as he strolled up close to me, intent to look me over for signs of inebriation. His closeness only exceeded my nervousness which probably made me look like a drunk, and a liar. "Ah-ha, you are!"

"Am not, Loki." I argued.

"Your flushed-" he stated sounding pretty damn proud of himself. "Your unable to look me in the eyes, your body is tense."

"Haha, you found me out," I laughed weakly, already chickening out before I could even start to put into words why I dropped by, until I started hearing Tony's words in my head- which is extremely unpleasant. "No. I was pretty tipsy but I have sobered up some. All those things that say I am, it's not from drinking."

"What are they from then?" he asked, clearly doubtful. "If not from alcohol."

"The drinks loosened me up- Tony and I were talking, and no he was being helpful and not a perv," I paused when his face down turned and his mouth opened to spew hate for Tony. "He made me come to terms with some things I wasn't ready to admit to myself quite yet and that's why."

"Pardon?" yeah, now I have him good and confused. Just like I like 'em.

"I don't know how to go about this so," I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, clapped my hands together and rolled my shoulders. Getting ready to run if shit went south. "I didn't realize it until Tony said it out loud, I didn't want to admit it because it risked rejection and you know how I hate that but I did and now there is no going back and honestly I don't want too. Loki, I love you, not in a brother kinda way but in a 'I want to age alongside you, have your babies, buy a few dogs, white picket fence type shit. That's the kind of love I feel for you. If you don't feel that way about me, it'll hurt I won't like, but I can't live without you in my life in some way."

Silence.

With every flicker of the overhead light, tick of the clock, my heart hammered and broke all at the same time. Honestly, I was about to start running to my room and never return when he cleared his throat.

"Demi," he spoke softly, methodically. "Must you ramble so? You had me at ''I love you and not in a brother way'."

"What?" I gaped at him, watching as a small but brilliant smile stretched across his face.

"I love you too, you silly human," he laughed, quickly as could be, he swooped down and lifted me into his arms. "Now it's time you kiss me."

"Oh, right," I flushed as I realized I had been stunned stupid. Without a second to spare, I slid my small warm hands up his smooth, cool face until I was cupping his cheeks and slowly I leaned in for a kiss. Our lips met gingerly, soft and inviting and soon enough, we realized slow wasn't going to cut it and passion took over. His tongue ran over my bottom lip for permission to enter, I parted my lips ever so slowly and allowed our tongues to dance between our teeth. Quickly running out of air, we separated and laid our foreheads together.

"Whiskey, huh?" he chuckled deeply. I leaned back and opened my eyes to see his twinkling with arousal. " I quite remember what that turns you into."

"You haven't seen anything yet."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I'm a little stuck on Loki right now but eventually I will get past this.