Sacred Slave

One - Awoken

“Master!”

“Master!”

I walk through the forest looking for my master; I couldn’t remember how I ended up here as I look around and take in my surroundings. I didn’t recognize any of this and it wasn’t somewhere my master would typically be. I’d been walking for hours at this point, but he still hadn’t responded to me and my attempts to reach him telepathically haven’t been answered either. This usually means that either I was disowned or he’s too far away from me; I hope it was the latter.

“That spiky-haired fucker is going to pay for this!”

I look up when I hear an unfamiliar voice. I start walking towards it hoping to find some information on my master, but instead I happen upon a hole in a large clearing. It was clear that there had been a fight here and it had gotten intense.

“I hear you up there!”

I look over at the hole and realize someone was in there. I jump down into the hole and start moving the rubble out of the way, I find a severed head with silver hair and purple eyes looking up at me and pick him up gently. I set him out of the hole then return to find the rest of his body under the rubble. It was damaged but I should be able to heal him like new again and maybe I can convince him to be my new master. I had to face the facts that my old master has abandoned me, and I needed a new one or my power will become uncontrollable and I’ll turn into a beast.

I ignore the yelling of the severed head and cover my hand in a grew energy; I believe the ninja call this chakra. I cover each area the limbs were severed at and heal them one by one. It was a long process before the grey-haired man was able to stand and flex his body. I reach out and touch the necklace around his neck when I see the symbol, I look up at the one I’d just healed and turned with my back facing him, my open-back yukata revealed the same symbol tattooed onto my back. It covered me from my neck to my waist.

The man reaches his hand out and moves the fabric to see more of the tattoo. He smirks and traces the tattoo over my back, “Jashin,” he says.

I nod, “Jashin.” I say back quietly.

“Come on,” the man said as he turns to start walking towards the exit of the forest. I didn’t hesitate and ran after him when he got too far ahead. He walks to a battlefield and looks at the corpse that lay in the center.

“He really lost, damn old man.” He said as he walks over.

I run over to the body on the ground and touch it. He hadn’t been dead long so I should be able to revive him without too much effort.

“Don’t waste your time, the old fuck is dead,” The man said as he started to walk away.

I surrounded my body in chakra and put my hands on top of his body. I started to repeat an ancient ritual that I’ve had since I was young and watch as the wounds heal and the heart in his body heal. He helps the man on the ground stand up when he was finished and looks between the two of them.

“I, uh, I’m an immortal. Different from the immortality you got from Jashin, but I’m a demon. My name is Kota,” I say as they look at me in wonder.

“Kota, the Fox Demon of the Sands, Kota?” The older one that was dead asks.

I nod and the older one looks at the younger one I first revived, “Hidan, I don’t know how you found this boy, but leader-sama will want him. He could provide an important asset to the Akatsuki,” the older one said.

The one I now know as Hidan picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, “let's go,” he said.