Sacred Slave

Twelve - Masters

Obito hasn’t spoken to me since we began the trek to where Hidan was. He would occasionally cast a sideways glance when he presumed, I wasn’t looking, but I always knew. I could tell he had questions on his mind as we walk. I decide to stop for camp in the thickest part of the forest and go about setting up what we would need for the night. Obito helped where he could but otherwise remained silent.

“You don’t have to be so frightened to speak, Obito, I’m not any different than I was. I only decided to show my demon form because let’s face it, humans are assholes,” I say with a shrug as I set about making shelter.

Obito chuckles and nods, “why are we stopping for camp?” He asks.

I don’t look up as I keep working, “although I can carry on and make this journey just fine, you cannot. The body you’re in isn’t your original body, at least not completely, so until the rest of your body has adjusted you can’t go far. I want to stop before the fatigue sets in since you won’t be able to walk for a couple of days if we don’t,” I add.

Obito nods and doesn’t really respond anymore. I could sense the chakra signature heading toward us, it was familiar, but I couldn’t place who it belonged to until they came into view. Hidan. His contract with me must’ve told him where I was and that I was back. He stopped to stare at the changes releasing my seal had done. I smile at him with a tilted smile and looked between the two of them.

“Kota, I, I don’t understand. You died,” Hidan said.                      

I nod, “I did yes, no thanks to you, but my kind doesn’t technically die. We return to our father’s sakura garden until he allows us to return to the human world should we even choose to,” I said as I look at him.

“It’s been so many years, I missed you,” Hidan said as he walks towards me.

Something about him was different. He didn’t seem as wild as he had once before, and his tone of voice was quieter than the loud homicidal zombie I knew before. I expected some change in them, but I didn’t expect to see this big of a change. Hidan walks towards me and pulls me into a big hug. He buries his face in my neck as I run my nails through his hair. I loved both of my master’s, how would I choose which contract to cancel? I was in a hard place as I look around at both of my master’s and wonder if I should cancel any at all.