Sacred Slave

Thirteen - Contracts

It took a long time for me to decide that I was not going to cancel either of the contracts. Hidan was precious to me and so was Obito since he was the one that first signed my contract. I knew that potentially hurting either one of them wasn’t something that I wanted to do, but now I had to figure out how to balance the two contracts because I know Hidan wants me to go with him, but Obito also wants me to go with him. I must have had a worried look to the two of them since Obito puts his hand on my ears and rubs them in circles. I close my eyes and relax into him rubbing my ears the way that I showed him years ago. When he stopped, I was calmer, and I opened my eyes to look at the two of them.

“What were you thinking about?” Hidan asks.

I sigh, “I was thinking about the fact that you two want me to go with you individually, but in reality, I have to stay with both of you, not just one,” I said as I lean back against the tree I was sitting in front of.

“Why do you have to stay with both of us?” Obito asks

“Contract rules, I’m supposed to fight to protect both of you, but I can’t do that if you’re both separate across the country. And if I fail then I receive a penalty on my contracts and cannot take anymore. If I do not take contracts, then my demon power could become restless and I could lose control,” I say as I pick leaves and sticks from the fur of my tail.

Hidan nods and looks at the fire then back at me “wait, you’ve already released your demon power, why would it become restless now?” Hidan asks.

“It’s like your gift of immortality, you keep it as long as you sacrifice to my father, and my powers are only in check as long as I feed it, souls. When I sign a contract with you, my power takes a portion of your soul from you to connect directly to me. It’s why I know how to find you, I know your feelings, and depending on the master I know your thoughts,” I said as I look back up at them.

Obito was watching me since I never really talked about what I could do and how my powers worked before. I had never accepted the demon part of me despite being a literal being of death, I was always like my brother who refused to hurt people and did not want to be the son of Jashin.

“When you died, where did you go?” Obito asks as he looks over at me.

“I went home. Jashin lives in a bloody Sakura garden, rivers of blood flow through, and the tree itself is massive. Larger than any Sakura tree could ever grow here on earth. When we die, we first go to purgatory, our father comes to help us decide our fate, I went home. Time passes differently in the garden, what felt like a month to me was years for you two, and in that time I realized I missed the chaos this world provided me,” I say as I look up towards the sky, “the garden is much too peaceful considering how long I have been on earth,” I add.

“Do you think I’ll ever get to see it?” Hidan asks. Referring to if he ever does die permanently.

I nod, “yes, all priests go to the garden,” I said as I smile, “I think you’ll hate it there,” I add.

Obito laughs as he wraps his arm around my shoulder, “I think we can work out something so that the three of us stay together, we’ll have to for your sake, and ours I suppose,” Obito said as he held me.