Sacred Slave

Fourteen - The Sakura Garden

Obito made good on his word that he would find a way for us to stay together. After that night in the woods we found an abandoned hut, well, it was not abandoned until we found it. Hidan took care of that part. I was not in the mood to slaughter humans, but Hidan had said it had been a while since he did sacrifice for my father, so we used the male ninja in the house for that. Obito seemed different after what had happened, he was quiet during dinner and he did not speak when we took a shower either. He appeared to be deep in thought as he goes through the motions of life.

I was beginning to grow annoyed with his silence, “Obito!” I snap.

Obito snaps from his thoughts and looks up at me immediately. He knew that I no longer cared if people died around me, so it was in his best interest not to ignore me. He looks back at me and turns to face me in our bedroom.

“What, Kota?” Obito asks as he looks at me.

“I could ask you the same thing, you haven’t looked at me or even acknowledged the world around you since we got here,” I said.

Obito nods, “yeah, I realize that. I am just thinking about what you said about the sakura garden. Hidan is destined to go there, but I will never be able to join you, so what comes of me when I die?” Obito asks as he looks up at the ceiling.

“If that was what you were concerned about, why didn’t you talk to me?” I ask, “I’m sure there’s something I can do to make sure your soul goes to the sakura garden,” I add.  

Obito nods and I look over at Hidan who wore a frown on his face. I thought about what I could do and remembered that I am able to go into the sakura garden using astral projection. I could take them both into the garden if they trusted me enough, but with the changes, I have gone through I can sense distrust from Obito.

“Do both of you trust me?” I ask as I look between the two of them.

Hidan nods, “unconditionally,” he said.

Obito nods, “I do trust you, but I’m still weary from the changes you’ve undergone,” he said.

I nod, “I understand, but I can take you both to the sakura garden if you would permit. As children of Jashin, we can astral project anytime we feel like it into the garden,” I say as I look between them.

“And you can take us?” Hidan asks.

I nod and look at both of them as they decide. Hidan immediately nods, I knew he would, he idolizes Jashin as more than just his priest. Obito, on the other hand, looks nervous and unsure of what would be waiting for him. A normal reaction. Not every day you get the opportunity to go to the world of the god of slaughter. Obito looks at me after a moment of consideration and nods his head. I grab their hands and pull us into the sakura garden to see my father awaiting me. I run to him and hug him while the two beside me bow.

“What have you brought them here for?” Jashin asked me. My siblings all gathered behind him and I could smell the fear from Obito knowing that seven nearly indestructible beasts were in his vicinity.

“I know Hidan will eventually come here, all priests do, but what about Obito? What happens to our contracts when the human finally dies?” I ask as I look up at dad.

Jashin smirks, “their souls go to a smaller version of this garden, but unlike the priests, they do not wander free. They are tortured and slowly absorbed into the garden to sustain it,” he said.

I nod, “the human souls keep our home alive, but would there be a way for this not to happen to Obito?” I ask, “he doesn’t want to do anything at this moment, but I did want to know his options just in case,” I add.

Jashin thinks then looks at me, “no, there is not a way that I know of, but if you cancel his contract then he will not be tied to our garden,” he said as he looks at me.

I nod and kiss my dad on the cheek before returning to the camp with the two of them. I did not want to cancel his contract, but I would give Obito that option. Obito was deep in thought as soon as we returned to our bodies, he did not speak to anyone or look at anyone until he presumably made up his mind.

“Kota, what happens if you cancel my contract?” Obito asked me.

I sigh and look at the ground, “I created the body you’re in, so if I cancel the contract that body will slowly start to die. You’ll have maybe two months after I cancel, but then you’ll die and go to wherever normal human souls go,” I say.

Obito went back into thought and did not say another word. I could feel that he was considering it though and I worried that he would go through with it.